Keep The Peace

Rules, Regulations, Announcements, Technical Issues, Etc.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Keep The Peace

Post by Sir Kohran »

I've noticed quite a bit of negativity, snapiness, insulting comments and bad feeling lately, mostly in the General Lego section, and frankly I'm disappointed; I expected a lot more from certain people. So let's just all calm down - this was a great and friendly website and I'd like to see it stay that way.

So can we all just get along?

- Matt
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

Thank you for making this. I too have noticed some rather juvenile behavior coming from some members. The snappyness and insulting/rude comments are adding nothing to the site and must be stopped. Let's all try to get along and keep the arguing down, especialy considering that trolling and flaming are in violation to the terms of service of CC.

God's speed

Emp.Justinian
Support the true king, Support SavaTheAggie!

A proud member of the Legion of Aggie

I Pledge Allegiance to SavaTheAggie
and to the empire for which it rules
one Empire under One Admin
invincible, with tyranny and injustice for all.
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

I wish posts were deleted rather than threads being locked, twice now I have wanted to add something positive but find threads locked before I can >.< However if we all behaved those threads wouldn't get locked in the first place...
Brickzone
Bailiff

Post by Brickzone »

I find the discussion here very good most of the time, far better than manys another forum. Interesting too. Mods seem very good at keeping tabs on stuff.

I'll admit though after being away for the weekend and coming back this evening; reading through the threads I didn't find so much from this weekend (the discussion about the certain major event/happening doesn't interest me so much).
Rayhawk
Peasant

Post by Rayhawk »

Thank goodness for the admins over here keeping on top of things.

I was a little surprised to see Troy come back here and paint the C-C crowd with the same brush as he used over at Lugnet, but man am I glad he's stepping up to the plate.

I think any of us who've been around a few years have seen what happens to a forum when no one in charge stands up to keep the negativity from getting out of hand; regardless of what may or may not be going on with Brickshelf, I don't want to see the same things happen here.
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

It is good to know that everyone here is trying to maintain a friendly helpful community. Thanks :) .
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

I didn't do it! :)

Seriously, yes. I think that maybe there shouldn't be any more threads about B-Shelf for a while, because they seem to make everyone rather irked. But that's just IMO.

I still think that CC has one of the best communities out there (at least on the LEGO internets).

~smcginnis
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

I didn't do it!
Heh heh heh :)

Nice post Sir Kohran, good timing too~

Here's to friendly posting~ 8)
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

smcginnis wrote:Seriously, yes. I think that maybe there shouldn't be any more threads about B-Shelf for a while, because they seem to make everyone rather irked. But that's just IMO.
I agree, because that does seem to be the main point of argument. This thread, however, demonstrate just why I love CC. There are always people here trying to keep the peace.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Lord Felix
Landlord

Post by Lord Felix »

If I may add an idea...

First off, YES. I agree whole-heartedly on what you people are saying. Totally agree.

Second off, I will apologize in advance if this offends anyone, but...

Most of us are AFOLs. if not we are TFOLs. Along with Remyth and a few others, I'm one of the youngest members here.
While here, I think it is important to ACT like adults. I'm not an adult, I'm fourteen, but I feel that here is a place where mostly adults come together to talk about their hobby. I am trying to say this in the least "offensive" way possible, but basically here is the message:

Call yourself an AFOL, I would expect everyone to act like a responsible, kind-hearted adult. It doesn't matter if you are angry or upset for whatever reason; don't flame here. Even if it is between another member, talk to the Admins/Mods and work it out in PMs.
Even if not all of us are AFOLs, we all should act like it.

Did this make sense?
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Dandin]Brickshelf[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8499398@N07/]Flickr[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/candlemusic]My Band: Candle[/url]
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

That makes perfect sense, Lord Felix. Here, here!

D-Man
Tanotrooper
Gentleman

Post by Tanotrooper »

Lord Felix wrote:Most of us are AFOLs. if not we are TFOLs. Along with Remyth and a few others, I'm one of the youngest members here.
*coughs*
:D

seriously, I think a lot of this happened during the brickshelf crisis (we should make this a period in history or something), when we were all frustrated, speaking rather than thinking because of the crisis.

This is a great forum, and lets keep it this way.

Gaetano Dooms
Tanotrooper
my brickshelf gallery:
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Tanotrooper[/url]

Please take a look at my TTfigs:
[url]http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtop ... 7&start=15[/url]
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

Yes, I'm probably the youngest member here (quite an odd thought when one thinks about it) and it does make me feel more comfortable when people act civily. That is also one of the reasons I'm aloud to stay a member of this forum, If my parents thought the whole site was a big ball of insults and clap-trap, I wouldn't be here. So thanks all who attempt to keep this a a welcoming place.

Long live courtesy. :D

God's speed

Emp.Justinian
Support the true king, Support SavaTheAggie!

A proud member of the Legion of Aggie

I Pledge Allegiance to SavaTheAggie
and to the empire for which it rules
one Empire under One Admin
invincible, with tyranny and injustice for all.