Updated email ban list

Rules, Regulations, Announcements, Technical Issues, Etc.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Updated email ban list

Post by architect »

I have just banned all new members from joining with a yahoo.co.uk email. Most of our recent spammers had this type of email. Other previous banned types of email include hotmail and gmail. We apologize for the inconvenience to new members. If you are an existing CC member, your old email should still work.

Ben
CC Sets Admin
Lord Felix
Landlord

Post by Lord Felix »

Sound's fair enough! Good catch, though. I hope that'll keep the spammers at bay :D
Well, at least for three minutes :roll:

But we will win! We outnumber them in plastic swords 1,000,000,000-1!
(and in the case of newer lego fans, Zwords... 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 to 1 [TOO many in those new sets!])
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Dandin]Brickshelf[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8499398@N07/]Flickr[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/candlemusic]My Band: Candle[/url]
LEGO-las
Apprentice

Post by LEGO-las »

I just returned... and I hate the name LEGO-las. Then I tried to register with my Gmail... *sniff sniff*
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Good thinking Ben. As my friends would say "Hackar"! You think in the right manner to get rid of all these anoying spammers. Nice!

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
Black Ranger
Bailiff

Post by Black Ranger »

Hurrah! A cure has been made! Oh, LEGO-Las, Admins have the power to change users-names. Am I correct, Ben? (I'm going to do this on my forum)
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

We do have this power but it is rarely used. Once a member becomes known on CC, it would be confusing to other members if their name was changed. So please think carefully of your username before registering. Of course if you are reading this now, it is probably too late ;)

Ben
Black Ranger
Bailiff

Post by Black Ranger »

architect wrote:We do have this power but it is rarely used. Once a member becomes known on CC, it would be confusing to other members if their name was changed. So please think carefully of your username before registering. Of course if you are reading this now, it is probably too late ;)

Ben
Better late than never. :D What I meant "I gonna do it" was use that No: Yahoo.com/gmail.com e-mails. I have my fun with spammers on other sites. *shiver* not fun...