Classic-Castle.com


The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

Classic-Castle.com's policy on LEGO Ninja

Rules, Regulations, Announcements, Technical Issues, Etc.

Classic-Castle.com's policy on LEGO Ninja

Postby SavaTheAggie » Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:50 am

The following is the official Classic-Castle.com policy regarding the LEGO System set theme: Ninja.

Discussion of official LEGO Ninja sets is appropriate for the LEGO Castle forum, and all threads regarding existing LEGO Ninja sets should be placed there.

Discussion regarding the speculation of new LEGO Ninja sets is not appropriate for the LEGO Castle forum, and should be directed to General LEGO. There is no guarantee that new LEGO Ninja sets will be castle in genre, as the Orient Expedition has proven.

The posting of LEGO Ninja themed personal creations (MOCs) and all other oriental themed personal creations (MOCs) of clearly medieval style, i.e. before or just at the introduction of firearms, are welcomed and encouraged to be shared.

Such personal creations (MOCs) are appropriate for the Castle MOCs forum, and all threads regarding them should be placed there.

Discussion of all other official LEGO themes, including but not limited to, Orient Expedition, Harry Potter and Wild West, should be directed solely to the General LEGO forum.

Discussion of all unofficial LEGO themes and MOCs remain inappropriate for the LEGO Castle Forum, and should be posted elsewhere.

All remaining Classic-Castle.com forums will remain, for the time being, unaltered.

We reserve the right to change this policy at any time, without warning, for any reason.

Clear forum rules and definitions are currently being worked on, and will be announced when ready.

Questions, comments or concerns about this or any other Classic-Castle.com policy can be directed to your friendly neighborhood C-C Admin.

--The CC Team
Image

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
User avatar
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie
Lord Sava of Aggie
 
Posts: 3069
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:36 am
Location: Houston

Postby Sir Terrance » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:38 pm

Ok, I will be sure to follow those rules! :D
User avatar
Sir Terrance
Councilor
 
Posts: 1150
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:07 am
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Barbapple » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:09 pm

It's Great to here this policy! Thanks to all the admin's at CC! :D
Image
User avatar
Barbapple
Steward
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:03 am
Location: Small Town, Saskatchewan

Re: Classic-Castle.com's policy on LEGO Ninja

Postby catena » Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:00 pm

SavaTheAggie wrote:The posting of LEGO Ninja themed personal creations (MOCs) and all other oriental themed personal creations (MOCs) of clearly medieval style, i.e. before or just at the introduction of firearms, are welcomed and encouraged to be shared.

Such personal creations (MOCs) are appropriate for the Castle MOCs forum, and all threads regarding them should be placed there.


Thanks. This is what I was most concerned about. I completely agree with this part of the policy.

SavaTheAggie wrote:Discussion of all other official LEGO themes, including but not limited to, Orient Expedition, Harry Potter and Wild West, should be directed solely to the General LEGO forum.


I would like to suggest a separation, into different forum groups, of "General MOCs" and "General LEGO" topics. I like this community, and would like to show this community my MOCs which are not of "clearly medieval style" (eg, my American West palisade fort), without having them lost in a flurry of non-MOC topics. I feel a "General MOC" forum group would provide a good place to share these creations, without changing the focus of the "Castle MOC" group or this site as a whole.
Jason (lego at jcatena dot net)
Classic-castle Master Gatekeeper, March 2004
http://www.jcatena.net/lego
User avatar
catena
Villein
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:56 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Classic-Castle.com's policy on LEGO Ninja

Postby SavaTheAggie » Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:48 pm

catena wrote:I would like to suggest a separation, into different forum groups, of "General MOCs" and "General LEGO" topics. I like this community, and would like to show this community my MOCs which are not of "clearly medieval style" (eg, my American West palisade fort), without having them lost in a flurry of non-MOC topics. I feel a "General MOC" forum group would provide a good place to share these creations, without changing the focus of the "Castle MOC" group or this site as a whole.


While in theory this would be a nice idea, it would unfortunately broaden this website's scope beyond what we intended it to be.

I understand where you're coming from, I've always been buried on FBTB when I post something about Ikros in their LEGO forum, sometimes outright ignored (I've got referral tracking, I can measure these things), but that's what is expected when you post a off-theme MOC on a themed forum.

We have no problem with people sharing their non castle MOCs, but it would be best, I think, if those wishing for their MOCs to be noticed more to post them to the appropriate forum/website.

Creating a seperate general forum for MOCs would create a larger section for Off-topic posts, which is something we tried to avoid by not creating a truly off-topic area like FBTB and Lugnet have.

There are really heated arguments in those forums, and some content that is posted there is really not fit for minors (or in some cases anyone) to view. I'm not saying that anyone from THIS community would post stuff like that, cause I mean, the C-C community is full of the cool people ;), but sperating the MOCs from the General LEGO forum opens those doors, the off-topic pandora's box.

So in the interest of all things castle, I think keeping general MOCs with general LEGO topics would be the best thing to do right now. If any of the other admins feel differently, though, we'll be sure to discuss it.

--Anthony
Image

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
User avatar
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie
Lord Sava of Aggie
 
Posts: 3069
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:36 am
Location: Houston

Re: Classic-Castle.com's policy on LEGO Ninja

Postby Sir Smittens » Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:52 pm

SavaTheAggie wrote:
catena wrote:I would like to suggest a separation, into different forum groups, of "General MOCs" and "General LEGO" topics. I like this community, and would like to show this community my MOCs which are not of "clearly medieval style" (eg, my American West palisade fort), without having them lost in a flurry of non-MOC topics. I feel a "General MOC" forum group would provide a good place to share these creations, without changing the focus of the "Castle MOC" group or this site as a whole.


While in theory this would be a nice idea, it would unfortunately broaden this website's scope beyond what we intended it to be.

I understand where you're coming from, I've always been buried on FBTB when I post something about Ikros in their LEGO forum, sometimes outright ignored (I've got referral tracking, I can measure these things), but that's what is expected when you post a off-theme MOC on a themed forum.

We have no problem with people sharing their non castle MOCs, but it would be best, I think, if those wishing for their MOCs to be noticed more to post them to the appropriate forum/website.

Creating a seperate general forum for MOCs would create a larger section for Off-topic posts, which is something we tried to avoid by not creating a truly off-topic area like FBTB and Lugnet have.

There are really heated arguments in those forums, and some content that is posted there is really not fit for minors (or in some cases anyone) to view. I'm not saying that anyone from THIS community would post stuff like that, cause I mean, the C-C community is full of the cool people ;), but sperating the MOCs from the General LEGO forum opens those doors, the off-topic pandora's box.

So in the interest of all things castle, I think keeping general MOCs with general LEGO topics would be the best thing to do right now. If any of the other admins feel differently, though, we'll be sure to discuss it.

--Anthony


I'm confused: so if I had a non-castle MOC I could or could not post it in General Lego?

--Caleb
User avatar
Sir Smittens
Foot Soldier
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:19 am
Location: LA, CA

Re: Classic-Castle.com's policy on LEGO Ninja

Postby lar » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:08 pm

Sir Smittens wrote:
I'm confused: so if I had a non-castle MOC I could or could not post it in General Lego?

--Caleb


I'm not Anthony but how I read this is that you CAN post about it in General Lego... it's just that it will be in with everything else that's discussed there (MOC and non MOC).

The idea, I think, is that by keeping it all lumped together, and not compartmentalising non MOC stuff from MOC stuff, the focus of the CC forum remains appropriately narrow. Compartmentalising encourages the focus to broaden, as someone would then want to split something ELSE off and before you know it you have replicated the entire LUGNET discussion hierarchy.

That's my guess. It's not official policy, just me babbling.

But it makes a lot of sense to me because Classic-Castle has done a really great job of being a good COMPLEMENT to LUGNET rather than a competitor, which is one of the neatest things about it. They mesh together very well.

Put it this way, If you have some really neat Aquazone MOC you ought to consider posting about it primarily on LUGNET, and just put a link to it here, if that. That's my view anyway. (It's not official policy, just me babbling.)

Hope that helps!
Larry Pieniazek
ILTCO | MichLUG | MTW

Image
lar
Villein
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:38 am
Location: could be anywhere, travel a lot!

Re: Classic-Castle.com's policy on LEGO Ninja

Postby SavaTheAggie » Sat May 01, 2004 4:20 am

lar wrote:I'm not Anthony but how I read this is that you CAN post about it in General Lego... it's just that it will be in with everything else that's discussed there (MOC and non MOC).


The idea, I think, is that by keeping it all lumped together, and not compartmentalising non MOC stuff from MOC stuff, the focus of the CC forum remains appropriately narrow. Compartmentalising encourages the focus to broaden, as someone would then want to split something ELSE off and before you know it you have replicated the entire LUGNET discussion hierarchy.

That's my guess. It's not official policy, just me babbling.

But it makes a lot of sense to me because Classic-Castle has done a really great job of being a good COMPLEMENT to LUGNET rather than a competitor, which is one of the neatest things about it. They mesh together very well.

Put it this way, If you have some really neat Aquazone MOC you ought to consider posting about it primarily on LUGNET, and just put a link to it here, if that. That's my view anyway. (It's not official policy, just me babbling.)

Hope that helps!


Thanks Lar!

That's pretty much exactly what I was trying to say. Sometimes I'm just not too good with words.

--Anthony
Image

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
User avatar
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie
Lord Sava of Aggie
 
Posts: 3069
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:36 am
Location: Houston

Re: Classic-Castle.com's policy on LEGO Ninja

Postby Glencaer » Sat May 01, 2004 5:25 pm

lar wrote:But it makes a lot of sense to me because Classic-Castle has done a really great job of being a good COMPLEMENT to LUGNET rather than a competitor, which is one of the neatest things about it. They mesh together very well.


Thanks for the vote of confidence Lar!

This is an issue that keeps coming up, and something I am particularly sensitive too. It is good to hear the vote of approval from someone so well.. respected (would that be the right word?) in the Lego Fan Community.

-Lenny
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
User avatar
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed
Marquis d'Krakhed
 
Posts: 920
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 5:44 pm
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Postby Mr. D » Sat May 01, 2004 8:43 pm

Well, I'm not exactly respected but I did want to say that I support the policy whole-heartedly.
Last edited by Mr. D on Tue May 04, 2004 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Mr. D
Councilor
 
Posts: 1029
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:55 pm
Location: PA, U.S.

Postby Teh Stud » Tue May 04, 2004 3:18 pm

It's good to have rules. Rules make it easier to organize and find things.

With that said, I think it is really funny a bunch of adults have to create rules on where different plastic toy discussions should be held. :D This post really had me laughing! :lol:
User avatar
Teh Stud
Bailiff
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:58 pm
Location: San Francisco

Postby TwoTonic Knight » Tue May 04, 2004 3:56 pm

Thank you for all the clarifications - I think they were well done.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

Image
User avatar
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors
 
Posts: 1815
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:33 pm
Location: The Lowest Pit of Hell


Return to Administrative

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest