Not laughing

Rules, Regulations, Announcements, Technical Issues, Etc.
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Not laughing

Post by Elephant Knight »

As I went on the Internet to do my daily checking of Classic-castle, I found a few things wrong. I first noticed that the front page was small.That I could live with, even though I didn't catch on at first.

Then I tried to get on Chat.

And the forum.

I was NOT pleased when I couldn't get on the forum. I think this was taking April Fools a little too far.

Anyone with me?

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
BrianofBrick06
Foot Soldier

Re: Not laughing

Post by BrianofBrick06 »

I have changed this post to ensure those, who took what I said in the wrong way, that I am not upset and merely wanted to know when it would find an end. I apologize for any missunderstanding or inconvenience...
Last edited by BrianofBrick06 on Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lewa Rocks
Steward

Post by Lewa Rocks »

It was funny but it's really annoing
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Your anger and frustration only serve to feed by maniacal laughter!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH!! :twisted:

Let this be a lesson to those who would belittle the original April Fool's change to the site - sometimes you get your wish.

--Lord Sava of Aggie
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Sir Nelson
Old Wizard

Post by Sir Nelson »

Hmm, that must be Sava's taste in music. :wink:
"Old Wizards never die, nor fade away. They just kind of operate behind the scenes and in the shadows... doing all of their weird and wonderful Wizardy things and whatnot."
plums_deify
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by plums_deify »

I had to remember to check the front page, since I link directly to the forums.

Sava, you are a cruel master.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Be Smart. Be evil.

Sister Brick @ [url=http://www.brothers-brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]!
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Uhm, its April Fools day, it doesn't matter.

No, I am not with you. I do sound a bit mean, but wouldn't you expect that on April Fools Day

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
Old_School_Fan
Laborer

Post by Old_School_Fan »

I think that anyone who was actually offended by today's joke needs to lighten up. If your day was honestly impared because of the inability to check the forums for a while, regardless of your schedule, I'm not entirely sure why you would want to confess to something so embarassing.

I, personally, found it to be fun, and I always look forward to what C-C does each year. :)

I'll let you decide if my tone was April Fools related or not.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/7893418@N03/]My Flickr[/url]
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Sir Dano »

My only complaint is that the video you linked to didn't work. :tasty:
Hob Took
Reeve

Post by Hob Took »

Apparently I arrived too late to see the April fools joke so Sava it'd be really great if you could do it again just for a few hours so I could see it. :D And to those who were not amused, is one little joke going to ruin your whole day?

-Hob Took
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

My only disappointment was that the volume on my laptop could not go any higher. :wink:
Foamrider
Foot Soldier

Post by Foamrider »

I think it was actually too tame. I bookmark CC chat, so I didn't realize there was even a rick-roll until I looked for it.

I just realized that Rick Astley is kinda growing on me now... is that a bad thing? :o
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/28972864@N06/]Flickr[/url]

A great day Comrades, We sail into History!
"Mad, Brilliant, a Tolkien addict" -ShadowViking

[url=http://vignettebricks.blogspot.com/]VignetteBricks[/url]
Munchy
Foot Soldier

Post by Munchy »

I have to go with EK on this one. I think it was taken too far.

Redirects are a tricky thing. On the one hand, yeah, I can see the revenge angle your using for an excuse. Yeah, this is supposed to be a "fun" site. We're supposed to be light hearted, foot loose and fancy free. It's a roll with the punches kinda site.

But when you're at work, after having dealt with virus outbreaks, in the network I don't control mind you, I log in for some stress relief and this pops up? Let me tell you, my reaction was none of the above.

You see, Classic Castle forums was one of my trusted sites. By trusted, I mean scripts enabled. We were able to quickly realize what was happening but I have to tell you that trust is gone.

After getting over my initial reaction, I have to say, this joke was pretty unimaginative. I had higher hopes I guess. If you enjoyed it I'm not trying to take your fun away. I hope you had a good belly laugh and if you want to laugh at my reaction that's fine too. I'm a big boy. I can take it.

So, yeah, ha ha and all that.

BTW Rickrolled? Seriously? You couldn't think of something original? I mean Savarolled would have at least been original. Hmmmm. Savarolled. I might actually have laughed at that one.
puddleglum
Artisan

Post by puddleglum »

I am going to be honest here. I understand the frustration that happens when things do not go the way you expect them to. But it is time for everyone to just accept that every year on April 1st, the non-essential section of the Internet will be broken. (I estimate that 95% of the Internet is non-essential) It has been this way for a few years now. Complaining is not going to change things. If it bothers you that much, put a reminder in your calendar for next year, and just don't get on the Internet for a day. That way you won't be upset, or feel the need to pooh-pooh on everyone's fun. Maybe read a book or somethign instead?

Personally, I look forward to seeing what sort of gags my favorite sites are going to pull. I'm especially interested in seeing just how far FBTB is going to carry the Power Miners shenanagin. (Judging by the contest, I guess at least another nine days or so) I personally suspect it is an elaborate ploy to weed out FBTB members that are too prone to WaC. :D
"Nothing wrong with me. Not a frog. Nothing frog with me. I'm a respectabiggle . . . Reshpeckobiggle."

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/matthew_raehl/]flickr[/url]
Memsochet
Laborer

Post by Memsochet »

And this being my 1st April Fools with CC(and my first post) I thought someone had hacked the site and maliciously put that redirect there. I didn't get to see the video b/c Youtube is blocked at work. It did get me to go find the Firefox plugins that keep those sort of things from happening.