New Admin and The Brute Squad

Rules, Regulations, Announcements, Technical Issues, Etc.
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

New Admin and The Brute Squad

Post by SavaTheAggie »

To all C-C Forum Members:

The existance of a New Admin

The CC Team has decided that I have too much on my plate, and thus I have yielded my control over the Creations section to a new MOC Admin.

Of course most of you are already aware of who it is, but this is our official announcement.

Please welcome our newest Admin to the team: Bruce N H.

He's already been doing a stand up job and we're convinced he was made for the position (in spite of it being pretty much the other way around).

The creation of The Brute Squad

What is the Brute Squad?

An arcane reference to the movie 'Princess Bride.'

It is also a new group of people added to our CC Team: Forum Moderators.

Until now, the admins have been the only people in charge of policing the forums. However, with real life and our other responsiblities here at C-C, the CC Team decided it was time to call on some help.

Moderators are C-C Members who are chosen by the Admins and who match certain criteria, which will not be made public. Please do not solicit the Admins or Mods looking to become a Mod. It is a gift, a responsibility, and a privilege; not a right or a position to be bought.

The Moderator Team has been given strict rules and guidlines to work with, but while they are somewhat leashed, they do not deserve any less respect than any CC Admin. Please consult the ToS for the rules they will be enforcing.

Currently we have two Forum Moderators, but a few more will be added in time.

Please welcome to our team:

JasonSpears and The Josh.

You will be able to identify members of the Brute Squad two ways: Each member of the Brute Squad has been given 1) a special forum rank title of 'Knight Templar', and 2) a special forum rank image.

The meaning behind the special forum moderator rank 'Knight Templar:'

This was me having a little fun. (Grossly simplified) The Knights Templar were a special order of knights in the crusades, charged with the task of protecting pilgrims in the Holy Land.

Thus our Knights Templar will be protecting our C-C Forum Members (pilgrims) here at Classic-Castle.com (Holy Land). ;)

The CC Team would like to thank Bruce, Josh and Jason for accepting their postions and helping us out with their time and talents.

--Anthony
Last edited by SavaTheAggie on Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Very cool - congratulations guys. :D

I look forward to being kicked around by you... :wink:
xxbattosaixx
Foot Soldier

Post by xxbattosaixx »

I second that comment!Minus the second part of course... :wink:
- Tom
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Concrats guys. As Freak said I will enjoy getting kicked around by you.
Space rocks.
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

Congrats guys!

Myself, I'd been wondering what this "Brute Squad" mentioned in the usergroups part was. Now it's revealed.

Edit:
SavaTheAggie wrote:Moderators are C-C Members who are chosen by the Admins and who match certain criteria, which will not be made public. Please do not solicit the Admins or Mods looking to become a Mod.
Tony, I also think I should mention what a very good idea it is not to tell what criteria they were, and say thank you, so we don't have a bunch of people trying to "meet" those criteria, and then whine when they're not picked.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I was wondering when this announcement would come.

Congrats and flattery all around!

Who'd want to be a mod, anyway? I sure wouldn't. I mean, I have my own title as it is... :lol:
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Re: New Admin and The Brute Squad

Post by footsteps »

SavaTheAggie wrote: Moderators are C-C Members who are chosen by the Admins and who match certain criteria, which will not be made public. Please do not solicit the Admins or Mods looking to become a Mod. It is a gift, a responsibility, and a privilege; not a right or a position to be bought.
--Anthony
My mind immediately jumped to "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and the role of President of the Universe, an elected post.

It turns out that the President of the Universe is a completely ceremonial and ineffectual role, as it is assumed that anyone who would want the job is therefore unfit for it. As such, the person who actually 'runs' the universe is a fellow who isn't even aware that the universe exists!!!

um... it's much funnier when Douglas Adams writes it.

I could probably make some guesses at the types of attributes that the Admins would look for in a Moderator, but as for the quality of those attributes... well, that's really a more subjective call, a gut feeling kind of thing, so it's a good thing not to try and enumerate those attributes.

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

'Go away or I'll call the Brute squad!'

'I am the Brute Squad!'- Princess Bride

LOL i love it.will I certinly try to follow the rules so I dont have to get kicked around :wink: Will I get in troubl if I write legos? :wink:

Dave
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

I was thinking about the brute squad today...
And what I was thinking is this:

there are two members of the brute squad... doesnt really seem like much of a squad now does it? more like a "dynamic duo".. but I suppose that's already been taken hey? what about "enforcers".. ooo sinister sounding. Then you could give them avatars with hoods and stuff. Captain Spears and his sidekick The Josh? Brickman and the Plastic?
Ultimately they do report to the admins so maybe they should have a name like PSF (plastic security force?) or should that be shortened to PLASEC? nah - this aint no spacer site. :wink: Brute Squad is very nice after all.

of course by my very actions here (questioning authoratay, making another post in the thread) I may be risking the wrath of said brute "squad". :D

but then what do you expect from the SOAIGF?

*fully expects to be taken off to some quite corner for a stern "talking to"*
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Hey, congrats! I will be looking forward to the ensuing order in the forums! :wink: Of course, you couldn't get it much more orderly than it is now...but congrats anyway!