Troys post count?

Rules, Regulations, Announcements, Technical Issues, Etc.
jamitjames
Gentleman

Troys post count?

Post by jamitjames »

Why have you put Troys post count ahead of every bodys eles? He only has 109!
[url=http://radio.laml.org/]LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast[/url]
wlister
Sheriff

Re: Troys post count?

Post by wlister »

jamitjames wrote:Why have you put Troys post count ahead of every bodys eles? He only has 109!
Troy put his post count where he wanted to put his post count. He is the King and the rest of us tremble in his wake. I forsee a calamity to your post count in the near future. :wink:

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Troy
King Mnementh the Bronze
King Mnementh the Bronze

Re: Troys post count?

Post by Troy »

jamitjames wrote:Why have you put Troys post count ahead of every bodys eles? He only has 109!
My post count is set at what it is because that is what I want it set at. I suggest that you read the following recent threads for more information on this:

viewtopic.php?t=2553
viewtopic.php?p=31509&highlight=#31509

It is one of the perks of being the King and having to put up with things like receiving all the bounced e-mail from classic-castle.com. You may want to look into your hotmail account, so that I no longer receive e-mails such as this:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

jamit_james@hotmail.com
SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<jamit_james@hotmail.com>:
host mx3.hotmail.com [65.54.167.5]: 550 Requested action not taken:
mailbox unavailable

Troy
Visit Troy's Surplus LEGO
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mnementh
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

legoguy2 wrote:Uh Oh Have you heard what happened to Luis? Oh No!!! (legoguy2 hides in bomb shelter) PS m 100th post! :D
so.. what happened to him?

I noticed troys post count, and i thought that was pretty funny.
It's a Christmas Miracle!
Troy
King Mnementh the Bronze
King Mnementh the Bronze

Post by Troy »

lil Jon wrote:
legoguy2 wrote:Uh Oh Have you heard what happened to Luis? Oh No!!! (legoguy2 hides in bomb shelter) PS m 100th post! :D
so.. what happened to him?

I noticed troys post count, and i thought that was pretty funny.
If you read through the threads that I linked to, you will notice that Luis had his post count reset to zero.

Troy
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I've noticed a lot of dissension around here lately, and it's really beginning to upset me. Classic Castle is a wonderful thing. Not only does it allow us an outlet to share our ideas and creations, but it also gives AFOLs (and AFOLs to be) a sense of unity and fellowship, not to mention that it is generally just a fun place to be. I don't know why anybody would possibly need to sully that with complaints about post counts or completely off topic arguments and comments ('homeschooling vs. public schooling' and 'kids today are dumb' come to mind, among others). All of this is really making Classic Castle a less enjoyable place to be. I don't think I'm the only one who's taken notice of this either, as I've seen that one or two of our more well known posters rarely post any more, and when they do, the tone of their posts has changed. It's all very sad, if you ask me.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

doctorsparkles wrote:I've noticed a lot of dissension around here lately, and it's really beginning to upset me. Classic Castle is a wonderful thing. Not only does it allow us an outlet to share our ideas and creations, but it also gives AFOLs (and AFOLs to be) a sense of unity and fellowship, not to mention that it is generally just a fun place to be.
I agree. This is one of the coolest LEGO sites on the net, simply because it doesn't have a bunch of community off-topic stuff filling it up, and it doesn't attract a bunch of people more interested in off-topic than in LEGO itself.
doctorsparkles also wrote:I don't know why anybody would possibly need to sully that with complaints about post counts or completely off topic arguments and comments ('homeschooling vs. public schooling' and 'kids today are dumb' come to mind, among others).
Human nature. Everyone wants to be "right" about everything. Those threads you specifically mentioned were pretty good threads to start, but they degraded. The topics themselves weren't that bad, in my opinion.
In addition to that, doctorsparkles wrote:All of this is really making Classic Castle a less enjoyable place to be.
To some extent it is. It's not like every thread here is off-topic or anything, there's still tons of good threads here. However, I do agree, that I find myself not reading more threads than ever before.
Finally, doctorsparkles wrote:I don't think I'm the only one who's taken notice of this either, as I've seen that one or two of our more well known posters rarely post any more, and when they do, the tone of their posts has changed. It's all very sad, if you ask me.
Definately not the only one! I too have noticed this, but I don't know if it's really avoidable. It's just how communication works: Certain topics slowly evolve into different topics. All it really takes is the "popular" members, if I may call them that, to be extremely focused on LEGO, and for them to ignore threads and posts as referred to, and others will follow suit. The problem, as on an, ahem, other LEGO forum is that those members are much more interested in "community"-style threads, than anything involving LEGO. I'm extremely glad there's a completely on-topic LEGO forum of this quality.

Brick on!
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Jamitjames> who cares what his post count is? Its been stated about a million times that it really doesnt matter. Lets let it go ok?
Jail and Doc> a community is just that. a group of people with something in common If you only want to discuss pure lego then any forum you go to will not make you happy. People are more than just their hobbies.
I for one loved hearing about anthony and christinas meeting, and I like learning different things about using photoshop from TTK (just two things off the top of my head) and I even like discussing how peoples lives are going in general. Once in awhile i can even help, and have recieved help in return.

I see your point, about going off topic all the time. Makes sense. it is also very frustrating to me to see a thread that I am reading degenerate into some argument that is nutty and totally off topic. However, we are humans, (well, except for jojo - that guy is a LEGO MACHINE) :wink: some other stuff is going to get through.

I am even guilty of it, as are you two - case in point this whole nutty thread.

I think i am done with this one.:D

(by the way, please take no offense at this. It is simply my opinion, and you know what they say about those.) :wink:
Troy
King Mnementh the Bronze
King Mnementh the Bronze

Post by Troy »

I am locking this thread because it is pointlessly off-topic.

Troy