Questions for Jake

Rules, Regulations, Announcements, Technical Issues, Etc.
Bloody Jay
Foot Soldier

Post by Bloody Jay »

I'd like to ask if LEGO will sponsor the Collosal Castle Contest this year!

Also - this is edging on future plans - if LEGO is testing the waters for a mythological/historical market with the Vikings theme.
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

Bloody Jay wrote:I'd like to ask if LEGO will sponsor the Collosal Castle Contest this year!
Haha! I'm sure Jake is willing. I will probably put off asking this until we're ready for the contest ;). But I like the spirit behind this! :)
Also - this is edging on future plans - if LEGO is testing the waters for a mythological/historical market with the Vikings theme.
I'm trying to think how to re-phrase this question without making it about future products. I'm not having much success.

Hopefully everyone understands why LEGO can't discuss these things at all - they are at a cut-throat competition with MegaBloks and other clone brands. If MegaBloks can figure out what LEGO is doing before LEGO has a chance to do it, MB can rush items into production and cut into LEGO's profit margins. They did this pretty well with MegaBlok's 'Nano' line. And keep in mind, people from MegaBloks read our site - if LEGO were to confirm something with us, they'd be giving MB an inside track.

So to return to the question - Bloody Jay, if you can try to rework the question to be less about future products somehow, I'd be happy to ask Jake. In fact, I'll be trying to figure out a reworking myself!

-Lenny
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

I'd like to ask if LEGO will sponsor the Collosal Castle Contest this year!
This would be SWEET - I second the motion. :-)
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
plums_deify
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by plums_deify »

It as been moved by Bloody Jay and seconded for TLC to sponsor CCC3. Is there any discussion?

Are you ready for the Question?

All those in favor of TLC sponsoring CCC3 will vote in the regular manner.

All those opposed, same manner.

This motion has passed. :wink:

Hey, man. It pays to know Robert's Rules! :D
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Be Smart. Be evil.

Sister Brick @ [url=http://www.brothers-brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]!
Bloody Jay
Foot Soldier

Post by Bloody Jay »

Ok, attempt one at rephrasing:

'Has LEGO realized there is a market for a mythological/historical theme with the recent release of the 'Vikings' line?'

Also, and this is even further into the 'future products' question area:

'Are Dino Attack and more importantly Vikings one-shot themes, or is there a possibility that these lines might be continued in the future?'
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Here's a question for Jake: What are some of the changes, for good and for bad, that you see coming from the sales of shares in the theme parks?

D-man