Question for the Admins/ Mods

Rules, Regulations, Announcements, Technical Issues, Etc.
Elven Warrior
Villein

Question for the Admins/ Mods

Post by Elven Warrior »

After browsing through this forum and reading lots of interesting stuff, I found myself agreeing with many people who think Lego should go back to the old style of Castle, the new stuff is not any good etc. I also noted that we were not supposed to post messages that harped on this, since it was just beating an ancient and very dead horse, which I can understand. It occurred to me that instead of whining and complaining we should do something about it. I want to post a new topic for the discussion of creating some sort of an organization or company not affiliated with Lego that would create Castle sets in the old style/tradition. My question is, is this topic appropriate for the Classic Castle Forum? If it is, under what sub-topic should it go?

Thanks,

Elven Warrior
"...we all pay homage by building castles that don't suck." -rogue27.
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

Since you essentially want to start a Custom Set business, such a thread would go in Buy-Sell-Trade.

But let me warn you: it is an expensive and risky business. Even successful Custom Set makers like Dan Siskind and Chris Giddens don't actually make money from their custom sets. The not-really-for-profit bit is what makes such a business so difficult to get started and keep running. Dan Siskind is the only guy I've known who ran something like that for any length of time.

And since this is question asked and answered, so I'll lock the thread.

-Lenny
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~