Posts marked as read?

Rules, Regulations, Announcements, Technical Issues, Etc.
Sheen
Apprentice

Posts marked as read?

Post by Sheen »

Being somewhat new, I apologize if this has already been answered. I checked the FAQ and have done searches but couldn't find the thread if one exists.

It seems like everytime I log out all of the posts are marked as read. I am doing something to cause this or is there an option to turn it off? I frequently read a posting here or there while at work, but usually don't get to all of them before logging off to go home for the day. Then, when I log in at home later the same day it shows as if everything has been read already, even though I didn't really get around to reading them. As a result I miss things and/or end up having to look through the dates to see if I missed anything.

Any hints or suggestions on what to do differently? Thanks.
Sheen

Avatar photo is a small piece of Black Dragon by Alphonse Capone
The Hag
Freeman

Post by The Hag »

Cant help you there, i basicaly do the same thing but i do not experience that kind of problems...

Maybe it would be interresting to know which browser you are using ? Not sure if it is, but it might be..

Ah well... cant pretend to know a solution, hope the admins do.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

it happens to me too, so I just try to read the ones I want to most first, and then come back later.. unfortunately I have missed some great MOC's because of this.
:cry:
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

As far as I know, this happens to everyone on phpBB forums. However, I heard there was a mod put out that fixes this...on the VLC forums it seems to work.

I find it extremely annoying...it discourages me from casually visiting the forum, because I can't come back at a later time and finish what I hadn't read before.

-John "J1A3L5" Langrish.