Another interesting Idea

Rules, Regulations, Announcements, Technical Issues, Etc.
Hothir Ethelnor
Freeman

Another interesting Idea

Post by Hothir Ethelnor »

I had an idea for the next CCC,
This idea was inspired by watching my Trebuchet that I entered in the contest destroy my lego buildings I thought that if a proper prize was donated (such as one of the 2006 Viking trebuchets or something of that sort) A working seige engine catagory would be really neat! like a catagory where you have to build a model of a seige engine that actually looks period and is capable of destruction, just a thought.

P.S. My Trebuchet design actually works if the bucket weight is loaded with around 50 to 100 50 caliber musket balls and a swinging bucket is attached, I took the bucket off and replaced it with a sling for the contest photos
"The lad parried it, and leaping back, struck at the horse's leg. The animal fell instantly, and as he did so Archie struck full on the helm of Sir John Kerr" Excerpt from, In Freedoms Cause by G.A Henty
BuilderQ
Laborer

Post by BuilderQ »

How would the entrants prove that their models worked?
Graynar
Gentleman

Post by Graynar »

They could show photo's of the machine in action, or explain in detail how it is able to destroy and function properly.
Brickboy
Steward

Post by Brickboy »

This is a good idea, though it would be hard to prove just how affective the machines really are. Entrants could always just destroy the building with their hands, and say that the sweige machine did it. Though interesting idea...
-Alan-
good times
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Catapults are better for real life contests with Lugs or at festivals. This topic has been discussed before so I will lock it.

Ben
CC Sets Admin