Religious stuff

Rules, Regulations, Announcements, Technical Issues, Etc.
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Brickboy wrote:Why is it that its alright for other religions to proffess their faith, but you immedietly jump all over us christians if we even say the name of Jesus?
I'm not jumping on Christians. I don't think anyone should be posting anything religious. Currently, I don't see anyone posting a religious statement other than Christian ones, so I'm not asking them to stop. I apologize if I have made anyone upset, and I hope that this issue will soon be resolved. I myself believe in God, but not in any particular religion.

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
Recluce
Landlord

Post by Recluce »

Glencaer wrote:My personal desire is to keep this site friendly but religiously neutral. There is a certain amount of religious material that is ok, but beyond that is not ok. The hard part is setting in stone (aka the TOS) where that line is. But one thing is certain: we want Classic-Castle to be open and welcoming to anyone of any faith, and part of that means keeping the boards free of religious solicitation.
Thank you Lenny and others for taking to task what is certainly a difficult duty.

I too have noticed the increase in religious slogans, specifically Christian. I know there are many reasons for this, not the least of which is that for the English speaking world (and most of the members here are primarily english speakers) Christianity IS the leading religion. I'm not gonna break it down into denominations; for me, Christians are those who follow the teachings of Christ.

Why it has become increasingly popular to Broadcast, announce, and in other ways make publicly known your religious preference I have no idea. For me, my religious beliefs are private, so other than maybe mentioning once or twice what I am, no one would know. We do not get brownie points for sticking ourselves out there and announcing it; I mean really.... it's not like you get a better suite in heaven based upon how many times you said "I'm a Christian".

I can say that looking at the political and religious winds of change in the USA, the Christians have gotten more conservative, and certainly a bit more outspoken and bold. The increase in religious sloganizing here has corresponded to that.

Had I my way, I would ask that there were no signatures of a religious nature, whatsoever. Perhaps we should all simply stick to LEGO only sigs, that would be easy to enforce, though a bit dull.

Ok, end of my serious post.... now for the silly part.

So long as the Admins are not suddenly reborn to a new religion and start changing the TOS to better reflect their beliefs (and therefore how we should be living also), then I can live with it. Living in DC, I see enough of that as is!
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

This topic is locked.

This issue is being privately discussed and dealt with by the Administrative staff. If you have any further comments, questions, or concerns, please direct them to a C-C Team member via email or PM.
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.