Chat Rules

Rules, Regulations, Announcements, Technical Issues, Etc.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Chat Rules

Post by architect »

The CC Team has decided to create a few basic rules for our chat. The admins will enforce these rules. Punishment can range from a warning to a possible ban from chat. CC members can privately notify an admin if chat rules are broken, but they should not try to enforce any rules themselves.

1. Be polite to other members. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. If you do have a disagreement with another member, act in a civil manner.

2. Please keep language and conversation topics appropriate for children. We do have many young members in chat. This includes no violent, sexual, vulgar, or obscene words, statements, or images.

3. Do not conduct business publicly in chat. Use private messages or email.

4. Leave your political and religious sentiments and views to other, more appropriate forums.

5. Remember that the main focus of this chat is Classic Castle Lego. Continuing arguments from other websites will not be tolerated.

6. The CC team reserves the right to add, remove, or modify rules at any time.

The CC Team
Last edited by architect on Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Thanks for the rules.
4. Leave your political and religious sentiments and views to other, more appropriate forums.
Hm....it might be hard to live by that rule sometimes. I'l try very hard, though.
Thanks again.

Mr. D
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

I shall obey from now on
Space rocks.
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I would like to apologize for my behavior concerning the 'Wrong Forum Guy' comments. I honestly wasn't trying to give him a hard time, and I didn't realize that giving a nickname as a joke was against the rules. I will behave myself from now on.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

doctorsparkles wrote:I would like to apologize for my behavior concerning the 'Wrong Forum Guy' comments. I honestly wasn't trying to give him a hard time, and I didn't realize that giving a nickname as a joke was against the rules. I will behave myself from now on.
Same here. I would like to apologize. I thought it was all good fun, like when Sava kicks around freak. I didn't mean to cause any hard feelings or make fun of him, but joke around. Sorry.
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

We aren't so much concerned that you teased him, or even that you gave him a nickname per se. What we are concerned about is the precedent it sets.

We make fun of the people we know all the time, and those people all know it's nothing personal and its all just supposed to be silly.

However, we want all new posters to feel welcomed and be treated very well and gently until they become comoftable with the site and the people in it. Once they do, then the good natured ribbing can ensue.

At least that's my take on it.

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I will apologize for this as well, being one of the older guys around here, I should have conducted myself with a little more maturity. When I first mentioned he had posted to the wrong forum I hadn't realized he was new. I usually try to be a little more welcoming. So to legoguy2 I apologize and I hope you know we are really nicer than we appear.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Master Blobicus
Apprentice

Post by Master Blobicus »

sorry sorry, its just now I "dislike" someone but I will not mention there name
could you tell me before you go back in time, I was talking to a robe on the coat rack for 20 minuets before I releized you left!
Troy
King Mnementh the Bronze
King Mnementh the Bronze

Post by Troy »

Master Blobicus wrote:sorry sorry, its just now I "dislike" someone but I will not mention there name
This post has no point. In the future, I suggest that that you keep things on topic.

I have already deleted several of your messages tonight. And you have received your warning via private message.

Troy
Visit Troy's Surplus LEGO
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mnementh
Chancellor Erik
Apprentice

Post by Chancellor Erik »

I have placed my hand upon the bible and sworn a great oath to uphold these chat rules at all times.

(I hope that bible part doesn't already break the rules...)
Remember, when you reach for the stars, they're too far away and its hopeless. And even if you could, that would burn your hand clean off. - Wally, from Scott Adams' "Dilbert"