Where have all the chatters gone?

Rules, Regulations, Announcements, Technical Issues, Etc.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

The problem for me is that you Americans are never there at reasonable hours....... :P
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Yes, I too remember when there would often be many people in the chat room - especially around 8-9 o'clock EST.

For those who prefer the forum or don't see the point of chat, it serves a very different purpose. The forum is for LEGO (especially Castle) discussion - the chat is for more trivial chatting. Any subject can be discussed - I once had a great discussion about theology and a different time I had one about classic movies. Chat is a wonderful place to get to know the real person better - not just the LEGO side of each member that is shown in the forums.
E of Alshire
Merchant

Post by E of Alshire »

Mr. D wrote:For those who prefer the forum or don't see the point of chat, it serves a very different purpose. The forum is for LEGO (especially Castle) discussion - the chat is for more trivial chatting. Any subject can be discussed - I once had a great discussion about theology and a different time I had one about classic movies. Chat is a wonderful place to get to know the real person better - not just the LEGO side of each member that is shown in the forums.
I used to chat a lot, and agree with everything said here. I know Steve (Athos) and Darkie and I have had some interesting converstions, and sneek peeks of MOCs once in a while.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

It's interesting that chat has slowed down, because I've actually seen an increase in activity here on the board.

- Matt
The_Vanquished
Artisan

Post by The_Vanquished »

Well, I just signed up for the chat, hopefully I will see someone on there soon.
wrap me in a bolt of lightning,
send me on my way still smiling,
maybe that's the way i should go:
straight into the mouth of the unknown....
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

The_Vanquished wrote:Well, I just signed up for the chat, hopefully I will see someone on there soon.
Good luck. You can hang out in there for hours and no one will show up, or you can be on for a few minutes and have ten people show up...

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
BreadMan
Archer

Post by BreadMan »

You know what might help this? Would it be possible to show on the mainpage how many people are in the chat room? I always visit the mainpage first and then go directly to the forum, but if I had a heads up right there that people were in the chatroom I might click and see what was going on there as well.
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

BreadMan wrote:You know what might help this? Would it be possible to show on the mainpage how many people are in the chat room? I always visit the mainpage first and then go directly to the forum, but if I had a heads up right there that people were in the chatroom I might click and see what was going on there as well.
That is an excellent idea. I often head right into the forums without thinking about chat, but If I was notified that someone was in, I would want to go in and chat for a bit.

D-Man
Dr. J
Steward

Post by Dr. J »

I registered for it last night, and first thing, I had a productive little chat with a coiuple of the members that happened to be there.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Dr-J]My Brickshelf; come on in and take your shoes off![/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jerng/]My Flickr; wipe your feet at the door and wash your hands.[/url]
<><
N00bPatrol
Peasant

Post by N00bPatrol »

Is it IRC chat? If so what channel and server is it on?
Got LEGO?
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

N00bPatrol wrote:Is it IRC chat? If so what channel and server is it on?
No it is not. Go to www.classic-castle.com and look at the right side menu. There is a red button that says CC chat. Click on this and register.

Ben
CC Sets Admin
N00bPatrol
Peasant

Post by N00bPatrol »

architect wrote:
N00bPatrol wrote:Is it IRC chat? If so what channel and server is it on?
No it is not. Go to www.classic-castle.com and look at the right side menu. There is a red button that says CC chat. Click on this and register.

Ben
CC Sets Admin
yea I knew about that but I was wondering if I could access it through X-Chat aqua I guess not.
Got LEGO?
pacman110011
Artisan

Post by pacman110011 »

I do my best to be on every night, and I am usually joined by a couple people(Count Blockula and E of Alshire right now).
-Devin
Dr. J
Steward

Post by Dr. J »

*revives old thread*
I now babysit weekly, and there's oftenly nothing to do but sit around, so I go to the chat room, but no one's ever there...
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

I'd certainly use it again if others used it - I think it's a case of no one ever going because no one else is ever there in the first place.

I also think the chatroom still has some issues - If you let it run on your computer for a while, waiting for someone to come, it seems to kick you out (without telling you) when someone joined. If I ever see anyone in there, I'll join, but it almost always immediately says "So-and-so Has Left."

I'm a fan of MSN: Add me up!
-John.