Problem with log in

Rules, Regulations, Announcements, Technical Issues, Etc.
Red Bean
Apprentice

Problem with log in

Post by Red Bean »

Hi, does anyone have this problem that when I try to log on, it for some reasons doesn't allow it: as soon as I type in my id and pw and stuffs it'd prompt me again as if I'd pressed the reload button. My browser is the Internet Explorer. Thanks.

R. B.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi Red Bean,

This is a common problem. Just log in twice in a row and it should work. I dont know exactly why it happens to some people (me included).

Ben E.
Sets Admin
Troy
King Mnementh the Bronze
King Mnementh the Bronze

Post by Troy »

As Ben stated, this is a known issue with the underlying forum software. It has something to do with with sessions and cookies. I have not found a workaround for it yet.

In the mean time, if you click the log in link under the banner, and log in from there, it should work the first time. (as opposed to using the the login boxes that appear on other pages)

Troy
Visit Troy's Surplus LEGO
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mnementh
Red Bean
Apprentice

Post by Red Bean »

Thanks for answering!

Actually, I've tried the logins at both locations and I find out that they can each take several tries (more than two). There's also a problem that sometimes even though I've successfully logged in, as soon as I try to post something it'd 'kick me out' and prompt me for my user name again as if I didn't log in at all. But I guess I'll just have to be more patient with the system. :D

Thanks again.

R. B.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

That sounds like you could have your cookie filter set too high. I usually have to log in twice, but after that it works. You should check your settings. Hope that helps,

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Red Bean
Apprentice

Post by Red Bean »

Thanks, Will. I totally see what's the problem now but I don't think I can alter the setting of my office's computer; so I'll just have to be more patient then. :)