Build your own Theme

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Spongey
Merchant

Build your own Theme

Post by Spongey »

Hello

I was recently inspired by the Hordesman, who designed his own theme in the "What kind of theme would you like to see LEGO build." This gave me the idea of starting a thread where everyone write down a sample theme type they would like to see released: sets, no. of pieces, faction colours, and the like. It would be cool to see what people come up with. I'll probably get my idea up in a couple of days.
Sorry if this has been done before; if it has, the admins can delete this thread (no hard feelings.)

Thanks,

Spongey
Anubisconq
Bailiff

Post by Anubisconq »

I'd love to actually see Lego put out a Johnny Thunder in Camelot theme. I've seen multiple Thunder in Castle themes, but Lego never seems to. There's my 2 cents.
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

I don't want a new theme per se, but numerous extensions to the Adventurers would be fantastic.

There's still plenty of places for the gang to explore. How about a Loch Ness one with the Castle and a bi dinosaur piece that the kids will love? It could have boats and Victorian submarines et al?
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Here is one thought I had: Adventurers on Safari:

Johnny vs. the Jackals: includes JT, some equipment, a small rock formation, an african style tree (like a baobob) and two jackals (dogs with jackal printing on them) $7

Kilroy and the Elephant: includes Kilroy, with a tent, equipment, an elephant, african tree and rock formation $15

Pippin and the Zebras: include Pippin and a bad guy, two Zebras (painted horses), some african looking trees, a jeep. $20

Baron's Lion Hunt: includes JT, Baron and a bad guy, jeep, two lions, lion rock, a few trees $20

River Run: Includes JT and Harry Cane, bad guy, small steam boat (think african queen), raft, alligators, maybe a hut with native. $30

Village Visit: JT, Pippin, Kilroy, a couple of natives, two African village huts, some rocks and trees, small plane, $50

Also a few other ideas: Adventurers in Atlantis, Adventures out West (lost Dutchman's Gold Mine), Adventurers in Greece/Rome, Adventurers in the Artic (with igloos), Adventures Return to Egypt/Amazon/Dino Island/Orient.

Steve
Last edited by Athos on Wed May 16, 2007 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
leaf_of_lire
Reeve

Post by leaf_of_lire »

I saw everyone talking about JT themes so I guess I'll do one.

JT in medival castles.

car set: includes JT, and a car with equipment. 3.00

fountain set: includes JT, a fountain, and a statue. $5.00

house set: includes DR. Kilroy, a medival house, a small tree, and and a sword. $20.00

armory set: includes Pippin, a armory, lots of armor and weapons, evil guy, and a statue. $10.00

moat set: includes evil guy, Baron, a moat, alligators/crocodiles. $30.00

stable set: includes JT, Baron, stables, two white horses, two black horses, one brown horse, one horse statue, two statues. $50.00

castle set: includes JT, Baron, Pippin, DR. Kilroy, a old king, a castle, six statues, a small plane, two horse statues, some weapons. $100.00.

I was thinking of some sets like JT in the Carribean, or JT in ancient Japan.

That has to be my longest post.

EDIT: If you think my prices are crazy I don't blame you, I'm not very good with them :lol: .
Last edited by leaf_of_lire on Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

Athos wrote:Here is one thought I had: Adventurers on Safari:
Or failing that some sort of Town/Farm Town/Zoo crossover theme! :D

Playmobil have some sort of leisure theme where it's all coniferous trees and adventure. There was a set with beavers and grizzly bears- there was off-roaders and sea-planes too. Something along those lines would be great.
Traveler
Reeve

Post by Traveler »

Athos wrote:Also a few other ideas: Adventurers in Atlantis,
This could be really cool, I'm imagining some Da Vinci-esque diving equipment and such.
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

I would like to see a theme with more of KK1 style minifigs, but focusing more on medievel life. For instance, a sets could include a farm, an inn, a city street, a hovel, etc.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

I think the title of this thread is perfect - "Build your own theme," I don't htink we need LEGO to explore new themes, I am sure they will, but I don't think it's super necessary
imperialshadows
Villein

Post by imperialshadows »

ZORRO!

Ok, not officially named Zorro, but the theme is there. Gives the opportunity for elements that would appeal to pirates, wild west, adventurers, and even potentially castle fans.

You'd have basically two factions, Zorro/allies/villagers and the evil government. I haven't watched anything Zorro related in years, so details are blurry, but no matter as this would be a more generically formed theme. Sort of Robin Hood in Spanish Colonial days. It would be a simple stretch to get in some ships, natives, mines, etc.

It would be a dream come true for me.

imperialshadows
Legendary_Corsair
Archer

Post by Legendary_Corsair »

Mostly Johnny Thunder,because they had a lot of good sets,like elephants and Chinese sets.so that would have to be mine.
I am.......a....Future Legend
Blue Head
Steward

Post by Blue Head »

Well, how about a new fantacy theme. not like the KKII fantacy, i mean like the goblins and orks and fairies type stuff. They don't do enough of that!
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

I kinda HAVE my own theme.

I call it "ORIGIN" and it encompasses all the eras of Earth starting from Ancient times to Post-Modern (near future). And even non-Earth civilizations!
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
xbloodyfangs
Laborer

Post by xbloodyfangs »

The Hordesman wrote:
Knights le fleur vs Orkagg

Knights le fleur are white and blue clad knights in classic Lego style, but also have sugarloaf helmets (with attachable plumes), longbows and bastard swords among their equipment. Each set of this faction contains a peasant or more. One set is a village with wall being under siege by the Orkagg. The faction is lead by the wise cleric-king Albadon. Each knight has his own design but are sold seperately from other sets, while footmen and archers are in every set.

Orkaggs are a faction of Orcs, Goblins and Ogres (trolls but sand green) which uses items such as pitchforks, scimitars and slingshots among their new equipment (ok, pitchforks arent new). They are lead by the mischevious Goblin King.

Sets:

Goblin Hut:
Small set with 1 goblin. A secret treasure chest is hidden in the hut.

Warriors:
Contains 1 captain, 2 archer, 2 soldier, 1 ogre 2 goblins and 2 orcs.

Outskirt Dangers:
A small field and a bridge, the peasant can trick the orcs by cutting down the bridge. Contains 2 orcs and 1 brave peasant.

Orkagg Siege Engine:
The orcish catapult (trebutchet) is on its way to Castle le Fleur. Will the captain and his men be able to stop them? Contains 1 ogre, 2 orcs, 3 goblins, 2 human archers and 1 captain.

Village Siege:
The village walls are being breached! Will a knight be able to save the village? This set also contains an Inn with beds. Contains 4 peasants, 2 archers, 1 soldier and 3 orcs with battering ram.

Goblin Citadel:
The home of the Goblin King. The tower's sections can be moved around, making it hard for the knights to find the goblin king.
Contains The Goblin King, 6 goblins, 1 ogre and 1 human archer.

Castle le Fleur:
The home of the brave knights. This huge castle is the home of king Albadon. Contains Albadon, 2 royal guards, 4 archers, 4 soldiers, 2 ogres and 4 orcs.

The knights that are sold seperately holds a horse & barding & head protection, lance with flag, shield, armor, helmet with plumes. There are 12 different designed knights completely.

Mmmm... Far-fetched...
Oh yeah! :D
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

REfer to my :fixing the viking line post to see what group I think would be the best, the runner-up: Atlantians. This would be a fantasy theme tht would still work well with other medieval of ancient themes. Note: these are atlantians before the flood so they are not fish.

Fisherman: one atlantian vilager, his boat, and some fish. He catches the fish with a net.

Alantian guardpost: A two story little hut, much like 1888 black knights guardshack. Includes a spearman an archer and some treasure.

Supply cart: Large peasent cart drawn by two llamas. Loaded with fish, hay, apples, and weapons. Two atlantian peasents are included plus two atlantian spearmen. One pitchfork.

Military convoy: A double-llama chariot, two llama riders, three archers and five spearmen. Chariot rider is a captain. They have a small tent, food, and maney accesories.

Imperial elephant: The emperor rides in the howda. Two archers and a spearmen are on the elephant as well as the driver. A peasent's hut is next to the elephant, it includes food, and a pitchfork.

Siege works: Two balista, and an onager. Five siege workers, captain, three spearmen, and archer.

War ship: Crewed by four peasents the ship has four balistas It has a general, two spearmen, and three archers. This is and the palice are the only sets with seaqlions, this is the generals mount.

Atlantian military temple. Much artwork, and lots of plants. Priestess, priest, four peasents, three spearmen, thre archers, llama knight. The top of the temple is crenelated, and all the surounding landscape has defensible accesories, like catapults, weapon racks, sentinal staues, and chained tigers.

Atlantian palice: A fortress palace with many pillars, and an entire wall. Throne-room, armory, shrine, guardsroom, stables, and archery range are featured. A dock that coan hold three atlantian warships is at the back. It also has three sealions. This set has The emperor, a general, two captains, eight spearmen, six archers, and four llama knights. Also includes chariot w/ charioteer, and elaphant. This would be the biggest lego castle ever much more than a thousand pieces.

Peasents wear the star wars cowl. there is a three:one mix of male peasents to female ones. Five diferent torsos.

four:one male/female ratio on soldiersArchers, and infantry wear scale-mail (a new kind) the captain wears the same, but with small collor armor. The emperor and general both wear full breastplates. Everone but the emperor and archer wear chrome roman helemats The archer wears a chrome bullet helm. The emperor wears a wave crown. The helmats have a new plume design. The top plume is a sea-lion, and the side-plumes hold wave plumes. The shield looks like Anthony Sava's.

Gosh this is longer than I accepected.

God speed

Emp.Justinian
Support the true king, Support SavaTheAggie!

A proud member of the Legion of Aggie

I Pledge Allegiance to SavaTheAggie
and to the empire for which it rules
one Empire under One Admin
invincible, with tyranny and injustice for all.