My Kingdom for a horse...

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
LORD DOOM
Master of Brickwankery

Post by LORD DOOM »

And give us a gosh darn Unicorn!
Blue Head
Steward

Post by Blue Head »

I'd like to see that too, but I do have a lot of horses right now, so I don't think I need anymore just yet.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Blue Head wrote:I'd like to see that too, but I do have a lot of horses right now, so I don't think I need anymore just yet.
Just no more black and white ones for a couple of years. MORE browns and some grey!

Please?
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
E of Alshire
Merchant

Post by E of Alshire »

architect wrote:Some good news is that the brown horse has returned in one new castle set (7092 Skeletons' Prison Carriage). We have not had a brown horse in a castle set since 1997.
I'm sure I could find out on peeron, but for the sake of everyone here, was that in the new Reddish brown?

EDIT:
Of course it is!
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

E of Alshire wrote:
architect wrote:Some good news is that the brown horse has returned in one new castle set (7092 Skeletons' Prison Carriage). We have not had a brown horse in a castle set since 1997.
I'm sure I could find out on peeron, but for the sake of everyone here, was that in the new Reddish brown?

EDIT:
Of course it is!
The one set sold out everywhere around here...
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
LORD DOOM
Master of Brickwankery

Post by LORD DOOM »

And don't forget them gosh darn unicorns! Where's my unicorns?
Shadowviking
Councilor

Post by Shadowviking »

LORD DOOM wrote:And don't forget them gosh darn unicorns! Where's my unicorns?
Yeah, and centaurs!
...and that's how Equestria was made!
[url=http://www.flickr.com/people/shadowviking/]flickr[/url] | [url=http://receptacle.tumblr.com/]tumblr[/url] | [url=http://tellers-tales.wikidot.com/]teller's tales[/url]
Velliscig
Artisan

Post by Velliscig »

Yah, i do like brown horses. They are ok. 8)
BuilderQ
Laborer

Post by BuilderQ »

I have found the number of colors horses are made in a bit limited, but I'm really more bothered by the monolithic horse piece itself. Only the neck is jointed, the horse cannot be separated to provide parts for a centaur or other mythical creature, and a unicorn horn cannot be easily attached. I think that either the horse should be redesigned, or sets should again feature brick-built horses, as the Yellow Castle did (though with a different, more jointed construction than in that set).
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

BuilderQ wrote:I have found the number of colors horses are made in a bit limited, but I'm really more bothered by the monolithic horse piece itself. Only the neck is jointed, the horse cannot be separated to provide parts for a centaur or other mythical creature, and a unicorn horn cannot be easily attached. I think that either the horse should be redesigned, or sets should again feature brick-built horses, as the Yellow Castle did (though with a different, more jointed construction than in that set).
BRILLIANT!!

I quite agree that the horse element is a bit limited. If a new design is approached it should fall within the same diemensional proportions as the current horse piece and have rather interchangeable heads to allow creation of other beasts. The Arctic line gave us the rather unfabulous white polar bear, but no way of mounting anything upon his back or head to convert him to a warrior bear; at the very least this shows how a design can limit the return on a new mold if it is too static. It's a bit like LEGO tree elements in the 1960s (i.e. useless unless you like trains and Hot Wheels). The Hippogriff of the HP line was fantastic and wisely had at least a pair of studs on his back, but what if a new horse/beast design had a split front/aft end that could be locked in by a plate underneath and saddle/brick/leg combo? Then you could have al kinds of variations and MOCs. What if the legs were positionable? Would that matter to you?

If LEGO is unable to imagine a better horse or at least som variation, the Bricklink herds may be more attractive to us than those that are NIB from the retail shelf.
Dr. J
Steward

Post by Dr. J »

I just have to mention, if LEGO did make a redesign of the horse, then I predict a lot of complaining about not being able to mix the new design and the old design without looking foolish, just as the SW gun design and the "zwords" brought.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Dr-J]My Brickshelf; come on in and take your shoes off![/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jerng/]My Flickr; wipe your feet at the door and wash your hands.[/url]
<><