My Kingdom for a horse...

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

My Kingdom for a horse...

Post by Count Blacktron »

Dear LEGO,

I have been sorting through my LEGO collection as I think about what creations would look magnificent upon my display shelves and I find myself longing for more horses.

Once, LEGO horses were plentiful for our armoured cavalry, knights and merchants. At least three colors were present Once Upon A Time (black, white and old brown), these were even available in a single service pack. Also I am remembering that there were ponies, or perhaps they were young horse foals? Bring them back please.

But of all my horse dreams, I dream most of light grey, dark grey, tan and light brown horses. And perhaps a few young ponies in those colors, as well as a return of the white, brown and black horses please. Could you not provide us, the fans of equestrian pursuits with horses in more variety of color and perhaps size?

It goes almost as an essential inclusion to this request that horse saddles in leather-like colors (or classic colors) be included.

That is my request. And my dream.

Thank you.

-Aaron-
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Maybe some ABS-form of hoof-and-mouth disease has infected Denmark decimating the Lego horse herds?

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
leaf_of_lire
Reeve

Post by leaf_of_lire »

Athos wrote:Maybe some ABS-form of hoof-and-mouth disease has infected Denmark decimating the Lego horse herds?

Steve
You never know what could happen in Denmark :lol: .

It would be nice if there was some more horses not too interested in ponies though (please don't hang me for saying that C-C members...)
EDIT: It would be horrible if the Admins or Mods gave me the title: "He who must be hanged"...
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

I don't think this is a problem. We've had horses for several years now and also in the upcoming Castle 07 sets, and though I'd like more of them I don't think this is anything to make a big deal about.
leaf_of_lire wrote:
Athos wrote:Maybe some ABS-form of hoof-and-mouth disease has infected Denmark decimating the Lego horse herds?

Steve

It would be nice if there was some more horses not too interested in ponies though (please don't hang me for saying that C-C members...)
EDIT: It would be horrible if the Admins or Mods gave me the title: "He who must be hanged"...
LOL, by coming up with a title you've doomed yourself anyway :P

- Matt
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

leaf_of_lire wrote: It would be nice if there was some more horses not too interested in ponies though
I want a pony. I almost had a pony once. Such a sad sad story... :cry:

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
leaf_of_lire
Reeve

Post by leaf_of_lire »

@Sir Kohran: True, I don't know what I was doing when I made up that title.EDIT: but if I did get that title I would be unique :wink: . Has anyone here got a title like that?
@Athos: I don't like those ponies, they look too Belville style to me. I don't know why so many people want them. Are they rare, or do people just want them?
Last edited by leaf_of_lire on Fri May 11, 2007 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

Athos wrote:I want a pony. I almost had a pony once. Such a sad sad story... :cry:
Steve
Oh Steve... :cry: ...that story again...

But yes-more horses and more shades of horses please! ...just think, dark tan...
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

wunztwice wrote:
Athos wrote:I want a pony. I almost had a pony once. Such a sad sad story... :cry:
Steve
Oh Steve... :cry: ...that story again...

But yes-more horses and more shades of horses please! ...just think, dark tan...
Which is also light brown, is it not?
:wink:
MORE COLOR VARIETY TO THE HORSES is what I am calling for. I have three tubs chock full of white, old brown and black horses. I wants the other "browns" and the greys too more than anything.

The ponies are baby horses, which shows a nice continuation of your horsey population in pastures, pens and barnyards. Prosperity of the lord, doncha know.

Those grey hippogriffs in my Harry Potter Azkabahn sets got me hot on this topic. It's such a nice shade (and the "tan-like" colors!! :idea: ). 8)
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Some good news is that the brown horse has returned in one new castle set (7092 Skeletons' Prison Carriage). We have not had a brown horse in a castle set since 1997.

I do agree that other colors would be excellent. Two years ago I briefly mentioned other colors in the accessory pack thread ( viewtopic.php?t=6291&start=0) Tan and light grey would be my top choices.

Ben
TheBohrok
Artisan

Post by TheBohrok »

leaf_of_lire wrote:

Steve
I smell something rotten in the state of Denmark...

But seriously, I think it's a good sign that LEGO has finally introduced the horse in reddish brown. It should diversify my cavalry a little bit. I just hope that it becomes available in more sets so that I can amass a few of them...
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

Being a horse man myself, I would have to agree with Ben that light grey & tan horses would be greatly appreciated :D
Brickzone
Bailiff

Post by Brickzone »

Yes, considering the new colours for other pieces it seems strange that horses have remained just plain old black, white and brown. Well, the western sets did have the funky printed patterns although I don't know how much use those are for using in custom themes.

I do think other colours could work and would be interesting.
Shurtugal
Bailiff
Location: On the Albertan Prairies, listening to some slow country music

Post by Shurtugal »

Good call, Count Blacktron! more horses in new colours and sizes would definitely be awesome, and may I add that while you're at it Lego, why not making a more articulate horse? Same basic shape and design, just put a hinge on each shoulder.
~Andrew C.

[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php]MOCpages![/url]

Eka ai fricai un Shur'tugal! I am a Rider and a friend!
leaf_of_lire
Reeve

Post by leaf_of_lire »

Shurtugal wrote:Good call, Count Blacktron! more horses in new colours and sizes would definitely be awesome, and may I add that while you're at it Lego, why not making a more articulate horse? Same basic shape and design, just put a hinge on each shoulder.
A hinge? I don't understand what it would do...
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

I wish I wish I wish LEGO had created mustangs without the funky eyes, horse blankets and tribal art/paint. I would love a few 'painted ponies' for my stables.

Tan would rock, too, especially if colored like a Palomino. 'Trigger' anyone?

--Tony

EDIT: After a bit of research it looks like the correct term for the horse I'd like to see would be 'Pinto'
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.