Castle in "tan"?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Tan colored castles would be great for a Byzantine style theme not to mention the Crusader kingdoms that were established in the Mid-East back in the day.

But why stop with the European castles only? The Sultans and Caliphes had Castles and Fortresses too.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Sir Nelson
Old Wizard

Post by Sir Nelson »

supernova wrote:IMO potentially yes. Here's a castle in tan from our own Sir Nelson. :)
I think tan is a great color for castles and other fortresses, such as real-life structures in Spain, North Africa, and the Middle-East. IMO, tan indicates an arid environment. My sandcastle ended up looking more like its name than a real castle, but I think it turned out okay. I like tan, and I may try another tan castle again sometime.
"Old Wizards never die, nor fade away. They just kind of operate behind the scenes and in the shadows... doing all of their weird and wonderful Wizardy things and whatnot."
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Sir Nelson wrote:
supernova wrote:IMO potentially yes. Here's a castle in tan from our own Sir Nelson. :)
I think tan is a great color for castles and other fortresses, such as real-life structures in Spain, North Africa, and the Middle-East. IMO, tan indicates an arid environment. My sandcastle ended up looking more like its name than a real castle, but I think it turned out okay. I like tan, and I may try another tan castle again sometime.
I think the base needs some more color, but other than that looks great. I'd love to see a middle-eastern/north african castle theme.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

DARKspawn wrote:
leaf_of_lire wrote:That could be a good idea, it would be better than bley :lol: . Why not?
Don't be knocking bley ;)
But he's right, tan is better than bley. :wink:

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

kelderic wrote:
DARKspawn wrote:
leaf_of_lire wrote:That could be a good idea, it would be better than bley :lol: . Why not?
Don't be knocking bley ;)
But he's right, tan is better than bley. :wink:

Kelderic
If they had included Tan in the "Brightening of Colors" we'd have gotten blan. I'm glad they didn't.

Tan is good. There should be more tan lines. Er... less tan lines? What? :?
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

Although I personally don't like tan as much as old grey, black, or white, I would still like to make a castle out of it, like Hogwarts. It's above bley (especially dark bley) on my list, as well as yellow *cough* 375 *cough*.
Brickzone
Bailiff

Post by Brickzone »

Count Blacktron wrote: If they had included Tan in the "Brightening of Colors" we'd have gotten blan. I'm glad they didn't.
I thought they had - someone mentioned it in another thread here before. Can anyone clarify?
g2
Sir Postsalot

Post by g2 »

Sir Nelson wrote: I think tan is a great color for castles and other fortresses, such as real-life structures in Spain, North Africa, and the Middle-East. IMO, tan indicates an arid environment.
I would have to completely agree with you Sir Nelson. When I see a Tan castle I instantly think it is in a desert somewhere. Unlike when I see a Bley castle and think that it is a representation of a stone structure, somewhere in Europe (where there aren’t too many deserts).

I personally would pick to build a castle out of Bley (and I do), rather than tan.
Traveler
Reeve

Post by Traveler »

Brickzone wrote:
Count Blacktron wrote: If they had included Tan in the "Brightening of Colors" we'd have gotten blan. I'm glad they didn't.
I thought they had - someone mentioned it in another thread here before. Can anyone clarify?
Nope, tan was unaffected.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Traveler wrote:Nope, tan was unaffected.
This is true except for some recent sets including ones from the SpongBob line. I have several recent sets with tan baseplates. The tan has more red pigment in it than normal tan. For the most part tan has not changed.

Ben
Blue Monarch
Bailiff

Post by Blue Monarch »

I really have no problem with bley... unless it's right next to the old grey, it isn't THAT noticeable.... is it? Really, bley is more realistic that black, and yet I build black castles.
The term "Hobby" allows you to explain to your relatives why you still play with toys...