Castle Battle (minifig) Packs?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Donut
Councilor

Castle Battle (minifig) Packs?

Post by Donut »

Do you guys think that Lego should bring back battle-packs like they did with the bfs vs lionknights and the motly of castle people sets?

I wished the Lego company made battle packs for the Lion Knights. I could really use some more of the white lion torso guys. As far as I can remember I only got the Fright Knights and the Dragon Masters battle packs.
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

Well, like it the dozens of other threads on this topic, LEGO has made a battle pack recently, but not for castle. The SW Battle Packs are sweet (I have 2 of each) and I think that we might see battle packs for castle in the future.

As to the lion knight battle packs, you can still get them, but they are expensive, like most other things.

In Christ,
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Re: Battle Packs?

Post by Sir Kohran »

Donut wrote:Do you guys think that Lego should bring back battle-packs like they did with the bfs vs lionknights and the motly of castle people sets?

I wished the Lego company made battle packs for the Lion Knights. I could really use some more of the white lion torso guys. As far as I can remember I only got the Fright Knights and the Dragon Masters battle packs.
What do you mean by 'battle packs'? If you're talking about big battle scenes with lots of figs then the chess sets, 7020, 8813 and some of Castle 07 would fit fine.

If you mean fig packs...yeah, that'd be nice. Let's just hope the ambassadors can slip this in.

- Matt
Last edited by Sir Kohran on Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
g2
Sir Postsalot

Post by g2 »

Donut wrote:Do you guys think that Lego should bring back battle-packs like they did with the bfs vs lionknights and the motly of castle people sets?
I would love for Lego to bring back the minifig packs. These were truly cool. I remember buying the classic-spacemen sets when I was a kid so that my “spaceport” would have more minifigs in it. As for the castle minifig sets (that you mention above), I missed out on these as I was going through my dark-age. So now that I ready, I can accept a box of minfigs. But I have noticed that some of the sets being released are having more minfigs in them, like the upcoming Hoth Star Wars set, and the new HP Hogwarts set.
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

Remyth wrote:I think that we might see battle packs for castle in the future.
I hope so, that would be really cool. I haven't bought any of the Star Wars battle packs yet, though I intend to sometime. The last minifig pack that I bought was in 97 being the pirates battle pack.
Sir Kohran wrote: What do you mean by 'battle packs'? If you're talking about big battle scenes with lots of figs then the cess sets, 7020, 8813 and some of Castle 07 would fit fine.
Sorry I meant to say the minifig packs which is very much like the star wars battle pack. http://www.brickset.com/detail.aspx?Set=6105-1
g2 wrote:But I have noticed that some of the sets being released are having more minfigs in them, like the upcoming Hoth Star Wars set, and the new HP Hogwarts set.
Thats good to hear, some sets nowadays don't have sufficient minifigs in them. I am glad to see TLC is going to be more generous in the future.
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

Honestly, I wouldn't mind, but I would be far more interested in some peasants/merchants and other civilian life. I think LEGO has made it easy enough to pick up large quantities of Knights and soldiers with the Final Joust and Crossbow Attack.

Unfortunately, Blacksmiths, Artisans and Heralds are nowhere to be found.
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch Batman!!

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... ueandwhite]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/httpwwwflickrc ... eandwhite/]My Flickr[/url]
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

Blueandwhite wrote:Honestly, I wouldn't mind, but I would be far more interested in some peasants/merchants and other civilian life. I think LEGO has made it easy enough to pick up large quantities of Knights and soldiers with the Final Joust and Crossbow Attack.

Good point! Lego should also produce some medieval town sets that complements the mass amount knights that has been produced.
shary
Villein

Post by shary »

Sir Kohran wrote: If you're talking about big battle scenes with lots of figs then the chess sets, 7020, 8813 and some of Castle 07 would fit fine.

- Matt
I would be careful with the chess sets. I was told that some of the figs are partly glued!
www.brick.at
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

shary wrote:
Sir Kohran wrote: If you're talking about big battle scenes with lots of figs then the chess sets, 7020, 8813 and some of Castle 07 would fit fine.

- Matt
I would be careful with the chess sets. I was told that some of the figs are partly glued!
In the KK2 Chess set, nothing is glued, except the gameboard. In the Viking Chess set, the only actual figure that is glued in the queens(and you can get them apart with very minimal effort.) The rooks and knights are both partly glued in the Viking Chess set.

In Christ,
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

Blueandwhite wrote:Honestly, I wouldn't mind, but I would be far more interested in some peasants/merchants and other civilian life. I think LEGO has made it easy enough to pick up large quantities of Knights and soldiers with the Final Joust and Crossbow Attack.

Hmm, however much I would love plain fig packs for castle (knights-wise), I would fall over and convulse with excitement if there were to be civi-type castle fig packs! Just think of how popular the new maiden is! Hint-hint, LEGO... :wink:
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

I agree 110% with this. I have already got an army of Lion Knights and this new line will be soooo very easy to stock up on figures that I'd much rather have packs with some other variety.

Perhaps character packs!
I'd like something that has an

(1) armed Crown Knights guard (sword, spear, shield, bullet helm in silver and a crossbow),

(2) an artisan or skilled worker like a carpenter or baker,

(3)a lord or merchant (tri-corner hat, feather plume wheel, some coin & treasure and a sabre sword) with a saddled grey horse,

(4) a bandit with a "Robin Hood" hat, bow and quiver and

(5) a peasant with a hood, backpack-basket and a PITCHFORK.

You could have a VERY small structure like an food seller or goods shop/table and a nice assortment of wares, a flower and a round tree. Throw in an archer's target and a new brown or dark tan falcon and I'M SOLD!!! I'd never stop buying something like that as long as it was on a store shelf. At least not until I have more than 40 of them. 8)

Could that be done with a reasonable price under $13???
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

It would be nice to have a faster way of collecting Minifig armies again. But lately with Castle 2007, I have to admit that certain sets have plenty of minifigs for a relatively low price, at least compared to the other sets that LEGO made recently.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Blue Monarch
Bailiff

Post by Blue Monarch »

I dunno, the new crossbow attack is $6.00, but I only want the archer and pikeman. That's $3.00 a pop and the minifig "bags" if you will, are usually only about $2.00. So I can get twenty figs for $40.00 instead of 20 figs for 60.00. Money adds up!
The term "Hobby" allows you to explain to your relatives why you still play with toys...
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

Blue Monarch wrote: That's $3.00 a pop and the minifig "bags" if you will, are usually only about $2.00.
Where can I find the minifig "bags" you are referring to?
LEGO --- Impossible is Nothing.
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Blue Monarch wrote:I dunno, the new crossbow attack is $6.00, but I only want the archer and pikeman. That's $3.00 a pop and the minifig "bags" if you will, are usually only about $2.00. So I can get twenty figs for $40.00 instead of 20 figs for 60.00. Money adds up!
i shouldnt have to pay more than $1 for lego figs, i mean wtf theyre just pieces of plastic, oh well :evil:
pwnage