LEGOLAND needs women!

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Re: LEGOLAND needs women!

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Karalora wrote:I've been known to say that I wish there were more female minifigs in Castle sets, especially in "active" roles instead of always being the captured princess. Issues of "period accuracy" are a lot less relevant in a fantasy scenario than a realistic historical one, so I don't see why we can't have one or two female knights. I made some of my own for the Crownies a while back, but it would be nice to see some official endorsement of the idea. And if they couldn't bring themselves to do that, a female spellcaster would surely work. Since the Kingdoms line seems to be positioning the Green Dragons as the bad guys, a Red Lion sorceress to balance the wizard would be awesome. I don't think LEGO has ever produced a good female spellcaster who wasn't a Harry Potter character.

I'm also hoping that the Collectible Minifig series starts a trend of variety in female faces.
I agree. For me, it would be more boring to have females in just the traditional medieval roles. When I set up a new nation/faction like the Crown Knights or the Lion Knights, I make sure to have at least one or two females as a "Lord" of a given area. Normally my factions have a King/Queen at the top, several Dukes below them, and then each Duke would have three Barons(or a Baroness, depending) below them. Also, in the Clergy there would be female clerics as well as female wizards in the wizards that guard the kingdom. The same goes for the opposing factions, such as the Undead/skeleton faction. An example of this is a banshee/sorcercer character that I thought up with a nice story. Point is that I have a significant number of female characters in my Castle factions and play key roles within them.

Would I want more women? Sure, you bet! But as much as I would like more I realize that LEGO is more geared for younger boys as they are the ones asking parents to buy them. Sooo, we here who want more women or peasant/civilian sets or fantasy factions or whatever need to let the LEGO ambassadors know this.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
dyntar
Foot Soldier

Post by dyntar »

Looking at the recent minifig sets and new harry potter sets it seems as though Lego is putting in the effort to create different female characters.
A few years ago female figs had the choice of a ponytail hairstyle , centre parting or pigtails. In the last couple of years the choice of female faces and hair has hugely increased. So Lego might actually be listening to us..... You never know.. we might end up with more female knights sometime soon.

If you look at the different themes theres hair suitable for medieval women. There's also a queen and princess in the recent castle lines. I figure if Lego made a few variations on the female bodies in the MMV you could build quite a few different women.
pijani
Artisan

Post by pijani »

dyntar wrote:A few years ago female figs had the choice of a ponytail hairstyle , centre parting or pigtails. In the last couple of years the choice of female faces and hair has hugely increased. So Lego might actually be listening to us..... You never know.. we might end up with more female knights sometime soon.
I totally agree, for the first time, I can make a girl-only army :) And on a important note, thay can all look diferant... face, hair etc
now all I have to do is make up name for this girly paladins party :)