An official Lego picture sharing site!

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Jacob C.
Councilor

An official Lego picture sharing site!

Post by Jacob C. »

With the possible closure of brickshelf.com, it got me thinking that maybe TLC should create an official site for people to upload pics of their mocs, modeled after the BS site.

I really liked the simplistic nature of BS. It was extremely easy to use, so I wouldn't want much to change in that regard.

What do you guys think?
[url=http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=RabbitSpook]My Majhost Gallery[/url]

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=RabbitSpook]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

You know, I had the same idea ;)

Of course, it would be flooded by bad pictures of some really basic kiddy designs, although it could be interesting

I also liked Troy's idea of a Pic sharing feature on CC.

However I think it's way to early to seek out alternatives yet. I am going to sit back & wait until the dust settles...
Tedward
Squire

Post by Tedward »

Well, first of all, the LEGO Club site does have a way to upload pictures of MOCs already. That said, I would NEVER use an official LEGO-owned site for my pictures. Too many issues of censorship and control.
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

imageshack.us

/thread
pwnage
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

It is a good idea though it will be hard to maintain the site safe for children since their will always be a few bad eggs that will ruin it for everyone. Screening and removing those users will require a dedicated and efficient staff which can be done but this might cause pictures to take a while (days) to be viewed by the public.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Censoreship is an issue. I remember one brilliant, large battle scene that had tons of bodies and blood (I would link to it but ironically it was on BrickShelf). It was a great MoC but it would never be allowed on a kid based website.

- Matt
E of Alshire
Merchant

Re: An official Lego picture sharing site!

Post by E of Alshire »

Jacob C. wrote:With the possible closure of brickshelf.com, it got me thinking that maybe TLC should create an official site for people to upload pics of their mocs, modeled after the BS site.
They have something of the sort already. As DarkSpawn said, kiddie models and Barnicle Beasties abound.
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

The problem could be midigated if there were several "sections"
aka '3-6' '7-11' '12+' Each section would have less sensorship than the one bellow, also more experienced builders could put their creations in the older areas.

God's speed

Emp.Justinian
Support the true king, Support SavaTheAggie!

A proud member of the Legion of Aggie

I Pledge Allegiance to SavaTheAggie
and to the empire for which it rules
one Empire under One Admin
invincible, with tyranny and injustice for all.
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

This is an interesting idea, and I like Emp Justinian's idea of age groups. However, even with age groups, censorship would be tight.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Too much corporate and bureaucratic issues for a company run site...

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]