LEGO after Star Wars

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Chrislad77
Foot Soldier

Post by Chrislad77 »

imperialshadows wrote:
So no, they didn't turn it down over violence, it would be the expensive licensing and the fact that they're 3 movies too late for that one to be really profitable. I don't blame them a bit.

If I was them, I'd simply keep up the current Castle line and consider adding some more races to the minifig lineup. That alone would make it possible for you to create your own line without it ever having to be official.

That's what LEGO is really about anyway.

There was a dicussion here at CC a few monthes ago with an Admin saying that the level and graphic nature of the violence in LOTR was more suited to adults then children thus why TLC passed over the offered licence.

Obviously like you said the whole lego commitment to non-violent toys is kind of a joke. One which I have no problem with.

Hopefully after Starwars Lego will return to more non licenced products. Unfortunely I don't see Star Wars ending anytime soon. From what I've heard it accounts for around 33% of all Lego's sales. Right now they have in house themes of Castle,City,Creator,Racers, and Space. Technic, and Bionical are in house though not brick built. So from the prespective Licenses are here to stay. TLC could point and say "have you really lost anything".
Tanotrooper
Gentleman

Post by Tanotrooper »

Littlebrick wrote:Well, if they continue Star Wars, they could always do a line of Extended Universe sets.
expanded universe! not extended...

I myself cant stand LOTR, so thank god they didnt make it.

*cough* romans *cough*
*cough* napoleonic soldiers *cough*

:p

TT
my brickshelf gallery:
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Tanotrooper[/url]

Please take a look at my TTfigs:
[url]http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtop ... 7&start=15[/url]
imperialshadows
Villein

Post by imperialshadows »

Oh, and one more good reason for no LotR... fleshies.

Imagine the uproar as Castle is subjected to the same thing that those of us in Star Wars have had to tolerate, except this time it isn't just a few years of minifigs, it's ones stretching back to the 70's that no longer match.

I think it would cause an uprising that would make the French Revolution look like a picnic.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Count Blacktron wrote:
JPinoy wrote:If LEGO gets out of the StarWars thing, they can contract with Star Trek, or the current running sci-fi show out there... the STARGATE franchise.

Working with StarGate would be like mashing up several LEGO themes such Studios (Batman, Spiderman and others), Castle, Pirates, Wild West, Town, Alpha Team, and Space into one. If you've ever seen the StarGate TV series, you'll know why.
Stargate was cancelled and is due to run out too soon to make a profitable toy tie in licence. And Star Trek is currently beating a dead horse at Paramount.

And speaking of dead horses, I'd be all in for a G.I. Joe vs COBRA licence using the standard minifigure.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Wow... and your telling a longtime StarGate fan this? Who as a member of GATEWORLD.NET has known of this fact for MONTHS?

No, Blacktron... STARGATE is not cancelled. StarGate SG1 was canceled after 10 Seasons. They however are shooting TWO StarGate:SG1 based direct-to-DVD movies. Not to mention that they are also planning a second spin off so far only known as StarGate: Universe. I would also like to inform you that StarGate: Atlantis is going into its 4th Season.

The StarGate Franchise is important to MGM studios and it's are not going away anytime soon. Only SG1 as a televised series has ended.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

Personaly my idea of a good lisence would be: The chronicles of narnia.

Pros: While lego LOTR would be good, both books and movies are aimed at an audience that is older than the target lego audience, where as narnia is at the correct age catagory. Also we would get hereldry almost compatible with the crusader faction, and a bunch of realy cool mythological creatures, including those dwarves that LOTR fans have been dreaming about.

Cons: Currently the dreaded and despisable Megobloks co. had the rights. Simply because it would be based on a movie the chronicles of narnia would limit some creativity, though only as much as star wars and not nearly as much as Harry Potter. Lastly the inclusion of so many "hero" characters would mean a lot of duplicate 'edmonds' and 'prince caspians' (though duplicate aslans wouldn't be too huge of a problem as they could be used as normal lions.)

God's speed

Emp.Justinian
Support the true king, Support SavaTheAggie!

A proud member of the Legion of Aggie

I Pledge Allegiance to SavaTheAggie
and to the empire for which it rules
one Empire under One Admin
invincible, with tyranny and injustice for all.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

JPinoy wrote:
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Wow... and your telling a longtime StarGate fan this? Who as a member of GATEWORLD.NET has known of this fact for MONTHS?

No, Blacktron... STARGATE is not cancelled.
Okay, so are you sharing personal life headlines with popular starlets that I should know this? :roll: :roll: :wink:

Actually I am quite pleased that Atlantis is returning, but I have the heebeejeebees anytime SciFi cancels a popular series that it'll be gone for tooooooo long after my demise. Stargate is a great franchise and I have followed it over the years with great pleasure. I hope SG1's end spells a return to the BIG screen.

With LEGO sets. :lol:
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Count Blacktron wrote: Okay, so are you sharing personal life headlines with popular starlets that I should know this? :roll: :roll: :wink:

Actually I am quite pleased that Atlantis is returning, but I have the heebeejeebees anytime SciFi cancels a popular series that it'll be gone for tooooooo long after my demise. Stargate is a great franchise and I have followed it over the years with great pleasure. I hope SG1's end spells a return to the BIG screen.

With LEGO sets. :lol:
This has nothing to do with LEGO. Please stay on topic so this thread will not be locked. Thanks.

Ben
CC Sets Admin
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

imperialshadows wrote:Oh, and one more good reason for no LotR... fleshies.

Imagine the uproar as Castle is subjected to the same thing that those of us in Star Wars have had to tolerate, except this time it isn't just a few years of minifigs, it's ones stretching back to the 70's that no longer match.

I think it would cause an uprising that would make the French Revolution look like a picnic.
Thats an understatement of the year! I have castle sets going back to the Yellow Castle and have been dreading fleshies ever since they came out. Twenty-seven years of yellow heads can't be wrong. Lego would alienate (lose) all of those fans who have been building Castle nations. It was bad enough with the "new" brick colors, KKII, and bionicle material for weapons, bricks, armor, helmets, etc.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!