Impulse Sets

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
spect_spidey
Serf

Impulse Sets

Post by spect_spidey »

Dear Lego,

I am very excited of the prospect of the upcoming impulse sets that are planned for the Castle line, but I would like to make two suggestions.

1. Make these impulse sets random. Take a few different figure heads, weapons, torsos, etc and put them into a blind box. Maybe have a few that are rarer like maybe say 1 in 12 is a knight with armor. Or maybe a version with chrome or gold plated accessories.

Or

2. Have the impulse sets have a choice of say 3 or 4 weapons, 2 different heads, 2 or 3 different helmets, and maybe armor. I think this would help for multiple purchases. Being able to pick up cheap army builders with a little variety can help go a long way towards people buying say 10 as opposed to maybe 1 or 2. Plus it would help keep collector's armies from looking like clones.

Just my two cents worth.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

And my suggestion would be to ship them in such a way so that there are so very many available at retail shops that I won't have to hunt the grocery cereal aisles just to see if they might be there. In short I want to buy them on impulse, NOT feel impelled to stop at every single chain and wander the store like a zombie. Don't make this a treasure hunt, please.
Dr. J
Steward

Post by Dr. J »

Count Blacktron wrote:And my suggestion would be to ship them in such a way so that there are so very many available at retail shops that I won't have to hunt the grocery cereal aisles just to see if they might be there. In short I want to buy them on impulse, NOT feel impelled to stop at every single chain and wander the store like a zombie. Don't make this a treasure hunt, please.
Amen. As cool as they might end up being, it would not be in my best intrest to trek through all stores with just a small hope that there might some there.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Dr-J]My Brickshelf; come on in and take your shoes off![/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jerng/]My Flickr; wipe your feet at the door and wash your hands.[/url]
<><
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Re: Impulse Sets

Post by kelderic »

spect_spidey wrote:Dear Lego,

I am very excited of the prospect of the upcoming impulse sets that are planned for the Castle line, but I would like to make two suggestions.

1. Make these impulse sets random. Take a few different figure heads, weapons, torsos, etc and put them into a blind box. Maybe have a few that are rarer like maybe say 1 in 12 is a knight with armor. Or maybe a version with chrome or gold plated accessories.

Or

2. Have the impulse sets have a choice of say 3 or 4 weapons, 2 different heads, 2 or 3 different helmets, and maybe armor. I think this would help for multiple purchases. Being able to pick up cheap army builders with a little variety can help go a long way towards people buying say 10 as opposed to maybe 1 or 2. Plus it would help keep collector's armies from looking like clones.

Just my two cents worth.
You make some good points. I would definately buy more if there was variety, and some chance to it.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Post by Peppermint Pig »

Why isn't Lego pushing to ship a higher volume for popular sets? Are they hitting production capacity limits?
Chrislad77
Foot Soldier

Post by Chrislad77 »

Peppermint Pig wrote:Why isn't Lego pushing to ship a higher volume for popular sets? Are they hitting production capacity limits?

There having production trouble with the shutting down of the CT plant and moving to Mexico and Texas. They literally can't make as much as people want when it comes to the most popular products.