What theme/genre would you like to see LEGO Castle go next?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Magnus
Artisan

well well well

Post by Magnus »

...and a few years later, wow!

:)

BTW doe anyone know when the Viking sets will be coming out?
thebusnamedgak
Serf

Post by thebusnamedgak »

It would be great if they went into trolls, goblins, dwarves, etc. Or maybe something like Wolfpack, but of course bigger. Well if they did LOTR, that would be awesome, but it'll never happen. Vladek's Dark Fortress actually looks a lot better than what we've been seeing. I think the new KK2 sets will help spur on going back to the old castle, and maybe medieval like Jojo suggested.
GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO CELTICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
boses
Man-At-Arms

Post by boses »

I would be pleased with any direction as long as it included more monster

or demi-human figures such as orcs, goblins, or just about anything from

the LOTR books....and the light up jedi molds could be used as wizards with

amulets or magic wands, I really would like to see more minifig sets,

when I first started collecting TLC put out specific figure booster packs,

about 5 or 6 figures for 5$...A new castle booster pack would be cool,

people are willing to buy the bionicle mask and frisbee things..A new castle

figure booster pack would sell...
"Life is a blooming miracle, all wrapped in a package of light, and the hands of God are ever strong for doing what He might..."
---brickshelf---

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=boses
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

A Castle theme:
1) set in the Middle-East with the Sultans Guards -vs- Desert Raiders. Call it "Desert Kingdom". Round shields with arabian horses around the center as its emblem.

2) set in China with 3 different Chinese kingdoms trying to gain control of the whole country. Call it "Jade Empire". Octagonal shields of infantry and oval shields for cavalry, with the 3 factions having Dragon, Phoenix, and Tiger emblems.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
eNiGMa
Justiciar

Post by eNiGMa »

JPinoy wrote:A Castle theme:
1) set in the Middle-East with the Sultans Guards -vs- Desert Raiders. Call it "Desert Kingdom". Round shields with arabian horses around the center as its emblem.

2) set in China with 3 different Chinese kingdoms trying to gain control of the whole country. Call it "Jade Empire". Octagonal shields of infantry and oval shields for cavalry, with the 3 factions having Dragon, Phoenix, and Tiger emblems.
That actually sounds good enough to work, too!
Nathan Cunningham
[url=http://sly-pig.blogspot.com]Blog[/url] | [url=https://www.facebook.com/nathan.cunningham.9]Facebook[/url] | [url=http://sly-pig.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html]MOCs[/url]
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

set in China with 3 different Chinese kingdoms trying to gain control of the whole country. Call it "Jade Empire". Octagonal shields of infantry and oval shields for cavalry, with the 3 factions having Dragon, Phoenix, and Tiger emblems
I agree with this idea - China is full of interesting stories of intrigue and warfare that should be tapped by LEGO - and the 3 animals above would be perfect. The Ninja and the Chinese from the Johnny Thunder line are cool enough for me to see that this could be something with a lot of potential.
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
The Hordesman
Merchant

Post by The Hordesman »

JPinoy's both ideas all the way. Two different arabs against eachother, no annoying Vatican's men, so no ethnical problemos. And the China one is little like the Ninja theme, just with a true historical event behind it, not just a general war. Me like it alot.

Europe needs to let the others also get some attention, hmm?
[url=http://s14.invisionfree.com/brick_central/index.php?act=idx]Brick Central[/url]
[url=http://s13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World.php?act=idx]Castle World, for your Lego castle stories![/url]
Pekel
Gong Farmer

Post by Pekel »

Hey. I'm new here and although I'm a borderline AFOL (17), I still look for the same things when buying sets as I did when I first got into Lego. As much as I hate to say it, the idea of stable and bakery sets really doesn't get me jumping up and asking where I can buy them.

I feel that I'm currently stuck in the middle ground between you castle fans and the average Bionicle fan. Bionicle is my favorite Lego line, and I feel that as a building medium it doesn't get the respect it deserves. The people like THRAXISjr and Cajun (along with the dozens of other people who have created amazing Bionicle creations) are overshadowed by the 8-year olds who give Bionicle fans their bad reputation. The storyline runs extremely deep and its creators have done all they can to make it much more than the blurbs you get in Lego magazine. After all that rambling, my point? I'm a Bionicle fan who hates the movies, the shoes, the pens, and all the other trash Lego throws out to milk what they can out of the line before they kill it. I'm also not a Bionicle-generation fan; I have thousands of Lego System parts. So from that middle ground I tell what I think - as a well-rounded Lego fan - is Lego's best solution as it relates to castle.

The Vikings are a great step on the right direction. They have a lot of what attracts people to the other castle lines, but they also have Bionicle-esque parts thrown in to attract a new crowd. Of course this means that neither the Bionicle fans nor the castle fans are entirely satisfied, but guess what? That's life, and what matters to Lego is that they'll profit from the overlap of themes. Now they just need to include more minifigs in the Viking sets and release a large ($70-$90) castle designer set. Heck, they made a house one, so why not a castle one? The designer sets have proved a wealth of parts at good prices, and a castle one could do for hard-core castle fans what the Viking-style sets don't.

There you go. Like it or hate it, it has Lego's obvious drive for money at the core.

And honestly... bakeries for kids these days... :roll:
The Hordesman
Merchant

Post by The Hordesman »

Pekel wrote:And honestly... bakeries for kids these days... :roll:
Look at Playmobil. Sets like that made their fortune.
[url=http://s14.invisionfree.com/brick_central/index.php?act=idx]Brick Central[/url]
[url=http://s13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World.php?act=idx]Castle World, for your Lego castle stories![/url]
Pekel
Gong Farmer

Post by Pekel »

The Tailor's house was released in 1979 and the bakery was discontinued the year I was born. I never said it was good that today's target audience has grown up in an intense sugarcoated society with movies based around explosions, but it's the truth. As much fun as those sets may have been back in the day when kids used their imaginations, today video games are cornering the market. Doesn't that say enough? If this topic is supposed to offer realistic alternatives for the Lego company, the desires expressed should stem more from logic than nostalgia.
00Psyren00
Laborer

Post by 00Psyren00 »

I think definately a middle-eastern theme or a whole new ninja theme would be great. I would also like a MOC theme which you can make your own Tudor houses or modern houses or skyscrapers. You could have some booster packs which could add extra floors to your buildings too.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Pekel wrote:Hey. I'm new here and although I'm a borderline AFOL (17), I still look for the same things when buying sets as I did when I first got into Lego. As much as I hate to say it, the idea of stable and bakery sets really doesn't get me jumping up and asking where I can buy them.

I feel that I'm currently stuck in the middle ground between you castle fans and the average Bionicle fan. Bionicle is my favorite Lego line, and I feel that as a building medium it doesn't get the respect it deserves. The people like THRAXISjr and Cajun (along with the dozens of other people who have created amazing Bionicle creations) are overshadowed by the 8-year olds who give Bionicle fans their bad reputation. The storyline runs extremely deep and its creators have done all they can to make it much more than the blurbs you get in Lego magazine. After all that rambling, my point? I'm a Bionicle fan who hates the movies, the shoes, the pens, and all the other trash Lego throws out to milk what they can out of the line before they kill it. I'm also not a Bionicle-generation fan; I have thousands of Lego System parts. So from that middle ground I tell what I think - as a well-rounded Lego fan - is Lego's best solution as it relates to castle.

The Vikings are a great step on the right direction. They have a lot of what attracts people to the other castle lines, but they also have Bionicle-esque parts thrown in to attract a new crowd. Of course this means that neither the Bionicle fans nor the castle fans are entirely satisfied, but guess what? That's life, and what matters to Lego is that they'll profit from the overlap of themes. Now they just need to include more minifigs in the Viking sets and release a large ($70-$90) castle designer set. Heck, they made a house one, so why not a castle one? The designer sets have proved a wealth of parts at good prices, and a castle one could do for hard-core castle fans what the Viking-style sets don't.

There you go. Like it or hate it, it has Lego's obvious drive for money at the core.

And honestly... bakeries for kids these days... :roll:
Oh, tyco, I know what you're talking about, but I'm not stuck in the middle, more like I'm turning more into a Castle fan. Bionicle has just become way too prefab these days for my liking. Perhaps it's just growing pains.

As for the next theme, why not bring out the old sets again, with all the traditional figs and parts for AFOLS, but give them more storyline and a few Bionicle monsters, to appeal to KFOLS. I think it would work wonders.
The Hordesman
Merchant

Post by The Hordesman »

Pekel wrote:The Tailor's house was released in 1979 and the bakery was discontinued the year I was born. I never said it was good that today's target audience has grown up in an intense sugarcoated society with movies based around explosions, but it's the truth. As much fun as those sets may have been back in the day when kids used their imaginations, today video games are cornering the market. Doesn't that say enough? If this topic is supposed to offer realistic alternatives for the Lego company, the desires expressed should stem more from logic than nostalgia.
True. When I was a kid we built a city with the lego, an office, a windmill, a hospital... Now its all BOOM and POW!

But we can hope for something to happen in the KK2 story that occurs in a city, though Im afraid it will probably be all castles, dungeons and ruins as allways...
Pekel
Gong Farmer

Post by Pekel »

Bionicle has just become way too prefab these days for my liking.
I know exactly what you mean - a very large majority of the Bionicle sets are what we call "clone sets", basically a recolored and retooled mold. Though it pisses off a lot of people immensely, it's also (sadly enough) the key to Bioncle's success. At least next year the canister sets will supposedly be dropping the clone idealogy.
But we can hope for something to happen in the KK2 story that occurs in a city, though Im afraid it will probably be all castles, dungeons and ruins as allways...
I'm afraid so. I can't quite see the Rainbow Squad hanging up their armor to go harvest tubers. It's been found that adrenaline is actually addictive, and a storyline without lightning swords and physically improbable catapults would probably leave the poor little KK fans writhing on the ground in withdrawl.
Graynar
Gentleman

Post by Graynar »

Hi guys!

I can see the headlines now:

LEGO CASTLE TOWN SELLS LIKE HOTCAKES AMONG HUNDREDS OF LEGO CASTLE FANS!

But seriously, if TLC made Castle Town sets now, I bet they'd be similar to the KK2 line. With purple and baby blue peasants running around.

But I hope this is not true. Maybe, just maybe, TLC will create a new line of Castle Town sets similar in design to older sets such as the guarded inn.

Life is full of surprises, let's hope the start of a new Lego Town line will happen. :D