What theme/genre would you like to see LEGO Castle go next?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
The Dragon Master

Post by The Dragon Master »

I'm getting somewhat bored with all these tudor houses. I think there great, and I love making cities. But I think that a fortress or two should be there to be the muscle for the city. I wouldn't mind a re-relase of some Black kinghts ses or something similar. If Lego released Black Knights Castle as a legend I'd buy 2, one to keep, one to build with.
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

As said before, Lego is not doing so well in Castle. Looking at the trend in things I would expect in order:

1) More Legends (This is a given, but it will be neat to see what they resurface next.)

2) Another Castle theme. Good or Bad, nobody knows yet, but as Castle has always been a part of Lego (At least since 1979). I think that we will be seeing something new

3) A rehash of older castle sets. This is what I am hoping for the most; some good new castle sets designed in old style.

4) A new Castle subtheme. Much like the Ninja series only this time from a differen culture/time period.

As for now, we can only sit back and keep our fingers crossed.
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

A subtheme like Viking can be a very good idea. For Lego it will be good (because they love to put action theme), and for us to.

I'd like to see them put some civilians in there sets too. I don't think they will make "only civilian sets" (too beautiful to be true), but they can put somes in their sets like they do in the past (6010, 6040, 6041, 6055, 6060, 6067, 1974 and all those I forgot).

Viking... :D
Magnus
Artisan

Vikings

Post by Magnus »

A Viking sub theme could be a lot of fun, I wonder if they would go into the realm of mythology, with various gods and monsters etc? The Vikings didn't really build that many stone castles, so a large Fort Legoredo type base might be more likely, which needn't be a bad thing. I could dig some long boats, peasant huts etc. I suppose we would be doomed to get those historically inaccurate horned helmets as well, sigh...
jeff_o_rama
Laborer

Re: Vikings

Post by jeff_o_rama »

Magnus wrote: I suppose we would be doomed to get those historically inaccurate horned helmets as well, sigh...
you could make a good MOC of an opera house with those! :D

-Jeff
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

A viking subtheme would definitly add to the diversity of the line. I for one would love to have a viking horde to pillage my villagers. Mega Blocks did a viking ship years ago, aside from the chrome sword it was practically useless. Bah to the substandard brick... I would love to see Lego create viking line, but I don't think we would see it for some time. Historically innaccurate horned helmets might not be in the cards, the flared helm is already commonly refered to as a viking helm. It is unlikely a new mold would be done with a useable helmet mold already available. Lets cross our fingers and hope for a decent longship with ample minifigs if they ever decide to do the line.

WL
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Azaghal
Landlord

Re: Vikings

Post by Azaghal »

Magnus wrote:A Viking sub theme could be a lot of fun, I wonder if they would go into the realm of mythology, with various gods and monsters etc? The Vikings didn't really build that many stone castles, so a large Fort Legoredo type base might be more likely, which needn't be a bad thing. I could dig some long boats, peasant huts etc. I suppose we would be doomed to get those historically inaccurate horned helmets as well, sigh...
I think he's psychic. :D
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

lemon_squeezer2 wrote: 1) More Legends (This is a given, but it will be neat to see what they resurface next.)

2) Another Castle theme. Good or Bad, nobody knows yet, but as Castle has always been a part of Lego (At least since 1979). I think that we will be seeing something new

3) A rehash of older castle sets. This is what I am hoping for the most; some good new castle sets designed in old style.

4) A new Castle subtheme. Much like the Ninja series only this time from a differen culture/time period.

As for now, we can only sit back and keep our fingers crossed.
Now, while I don't want to draw attention to myself, it is interesting to look back at old threads such as these and see how these older predictions have come out after 1 1/2 years. Looks like I got it on 2 and 4 - wonder if points 1 and 3 will ever come to fruition.

Also, I agree that Magnus' wishful post (at least it was then!) is just plain old scary :shock:
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Magnus wrote:A Viking sub theme could be a lot of fun, I wonder if they would go into the realm of mythology, with various gods and monsters etc? The Vikings didn't really build that many stone castles, so a large Fort Legoredo type base might be more likely, which needn't be a bad thing. I could dig some long boats, peasant huts etc. I suppose we would be doomed to get those historically inaccurate horned helmets as well, sigh...
lemon_squeezer2 wrote:Also, I agree that Magnus' wishful post (at least it was then!) is just plain old scary
You're telling me! :shock:
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

Personally, I would love to see the Creator line extended to Castle. The Creator sets have been some of the best building sets we have seen in years. A series of microfig castles, fortifications, and towers would be absolutely amazing! Such a set would be a great source of bricks, and would lend itself to a series of great MOCs.

I also wouldn't mind a bandit themed line (Robin hood and his ilk). You could feature a variety of characters (theives, feudal lords, peasantry etc.), and a wide assortment of buildings and carts (including the obligatory tree fortress).

I do hope that LEGO strays away from the wacky fantasy elements (Space armour, Power Swords, Laser Sawblades etc...). I would like an assortment of usable bricks that might be usable for ALL CASTLE FANS. They pulled it off in the 1980s. Why not give it another go?

Later.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Blueandwhite wrote:Personally, I would love to see the Creator line extended to Castle. The Creator sets have been some of the best building sets we have seen in years. A series of microfig castles, fortifications, and towers would be absolutely amazing! Such a set would be a great source of bricks, and would lend itself to a series of great MOCs.
Hehe, a microfig castle would probably not be a "great" source for bricks :-)
However, they did "Castle" in the Basic line before. The Super Universal Building Set 599 featured a model of a castle that came with more yellow 75° corner slopes than the Yellow Castle itself:

Image Image

This is by the way the second most spectacular Basic Building set after 744. Unfortunatelly the greatest models shown on the box ain't even used in the instruction book. The instructions are quite lame compared to the fantastic pics on the box.

Alas, a Creator Castle wouldn't even come with minifigs (other than former Basic sets from the 80s und 90s). At the most it would come with Jack Stone figs.....

Bye
Jojo
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

two words

Roman line! : )
HenrytheV
Gentleman

Post by HenrytheV »

Why can't lego come out with medieval houses? I can see it now,(daydream music) (guy with a salesman voice)Legos got some great new items today ladies and gents. You could buy a bakery to go with your castle town, and while your at it, why not buy a stable. Buy a farm to go with it too! Them buy a windmill, or a water mill. Buy these from lego today! That would be the life :D
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=HenrytheV]My Bricklink Store[/url]
Rubberchickenknight
Squire

Post by Rubberchickenknight »

1. a redo of the ninja line with different factions of warlords and ninjas and of course the shogun and his law enforcing samurai. plus some asian civilians and architecture.
2. a mythology line, with greek, roman, asian, viking, etc. myth characters as well as some historical things like roman temples and siege machines, greek warships, and viking longhouses, etc.
3. a fantasy line, with factions of various creatures such as elves, dwarves, orcs, merfolk, as well as men.
4. a new faction and some civilian sets, such as farms, mills, manors, stables, and maybe even a forge and a church, among other middle ages daily life sets.(peasant's revolt! :twisted: ,stocks, :twisted: and gong farmer excersises. :x )
5. a line based on the king arthur legends, but not on crappy animated SWord in the stone movies, etc. key sets: the sword in the stone, the holy grail, morgan lefay's castle, lancelot adventures, the round table, gawain and the green knight(NOT rascus :D ), saxons( a chance to include vikings somewhere).
6. some lines based on fantasy series, such as narnia
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." - Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
HenrytheV
Gentleman

Post by HenrytheV »

My brother sent a letter to lego asking if they could make Narnia legos and they sent him some prefab letter saying," we won't take any ideas from people because we want to do it our way." just joking about the quote :P although he did send a letter and the reply said about that.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=HenrytheV]My Bricklink Store[/url]