What theme/genre would you like to see LEGO Castle go next?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Graynar wrote:But seriously, if TLC made Castle Town sets now, I bet they'd be similar to the KK2 line. With purple and baby blue peasants running around.
Actually, that wouldn't bug me TOO much... KK2, after all, is a Fantasy line not a historically based line, and any sort of bulk civilian sets would be an enormous leap forward for TLC.

Make purple peasants if you want, TLC. I, at least, would buy them.
Graynar
Gentleman

Post by Graynar »

Hi guys!
Actually, that wouldn't bug me TOO much... KK2, after all, is a Fantasy line not a historically based line, and any sort of bulk civilian sets would be an enormous leap forward for TLC.
True.
You are correct, KK2 is based more on fantasy than older castle sets. It seems after 1990 or around there. lego has been making more fantasy Lego castle themed sets. Dragon Masters, Fright Knights, and now KK2:2.

But in between those fantasy castle lines, they had more realistic lines such as Ninja, and king Leo.(KK1)(well king Leo, wasn't the most historically correct)

But perhaps this means, a more realistic Castle theme will pop up around KK2:2.

But with Lego you never know. :wink:
Nick
Steward

Post by Nick »

I do like the older fantasy castles, but not the new ones.
Lego should return to designing more complex fantasy castles, like the bat lords castle (my favourite) or majisto's castles.
Graynar
Gentleman

Post by Graynar »

Have you seen Vladek's dark fortress Nick?

It's fantasy like and big, very big!

Graynar
The Hordesman
Merchant

Post by The Hordesman »

Nick wrote:I do like the older fantasy castles, but not the new ones.
Lego should return to designing more complex fantasy castles, like the bat lords castle (my favourite) or majisto's castles.
Seriously, bat lords castle is nothing compared to the might and beauty of Vladek's Fortress. Its also filled with much more and cooler parts. :)
[url=http://s14.invisionfree.com/brick_central/index.php?act=idx]Brick Central[/url]
[url=http://s13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World.php?act=idx]Castle World, for your Lego castle stories![/url]
Nick
Steward

Post by Nick »

The castle you've shown does look impressive, but does it have any internal structure? Or any 'insides' at all?
The Hordesman
Merchant

Post by The Hordesman »

Nick wrote:The castle you've shown does look impressive, but does it have any internal structure? Or any 'insides' at all?
Yup. A crystal ball, a fireplace, some benches and stuff. Alot of place to put furniture for MOCsters too.
[url=http://s14.invisionfree.com/brick_central/index.php?act=idx]Brick Central[/url]
[url=http://s13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World.php?act=idx]Castle World, for your Lego castle stories![/url]
Graynar
Gentleman

Post by Graynar »

Ahem I own this castle.

It truly is beautifull, how all the colors match and how sturdy it is. But we'd better stop talking about it or it'll get this thread locked.

*run, duck, hide*

Graynar
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Nick wrote:The castle you've shown does look impressive, but does it have any internal structure? Or any 'insides' at all?
You really haven't seen this? Wow, for reference, there are a number of threads about this in the castle sets forum :wink:
wizardnoob28
Apprentice

Post by wizardnoob28 »

i own this set as well. I can say that it is definetly a step in the right direction for lego.
Nick
Steward

Post by Nick »

Ok, I don't own the set, and I was just wondering if it had interior. Since it does, my opinion improves. It looks very impressive from the outside. Very decorative and sturdy.
Perhaps one day i will get it, but my preference still goes to the older fantasy sets.

P.S. would it trouble you (Graynar) to post some pictures of the castle's interior? I'd like to see them, then maybe my rating of the castle would improve further! (now it's 7/10)
Graynar
Gentleman

Post by Graynar »

Mr.Nick, I might post some more pics of the set, but not in this thread.

The admins are every where, soon they'll hunt down and lock this thread for off topicness.

Graynar
FUBU
Peasant

Post by FUBU »

blah
Last edited by FUBU on Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boses
Man-At-Arms

Post by boses »

I would like for Lego to make a minifg scale Medieval Fantasy Quest, with specific Human and Demi human characters, interchangeable but not weird like Galidor :wink:
Last edited by boses on Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is a blooming miracle, all wrapped in a package of light, and the hands of God are ever strong for doing what He might..."
---brickshelf---

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=boses
Nick
Steward

Post by Nick »

FUBU wrote:I havent read the whole board but i saw some1 say they wanted it to head in a more "the crusades" way but i think it would be cool if they did saladin and all his knights and siege equiptment and mosques etc.. that would be fun :o
I haven't heard such a good idea for a while! All the arab buildings, forts, soldiers! And the crusaders! Wow, I certainly back you on this one, I'd like to see the theme realised by Lego very much.