Classic-Castle.com

The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

Autumn foliage

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!

Postby davee123 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:08 pm

Yeah, I'd think that foliage pieces in any "sensible" color would sell through the roof if offered online via Lego Factory. Green, dark green, brown, tan, dark tan, red, dark red, orange, white. Even Bright Green would probably do well (though I have a certain distaste for it compared with other colors). It's such a great element to have in MASSIVE quantity that AFOL's combined would probably buy comparable quantities to kids's combined sales of any other normal brick.

Here's a question-- how many would you buy if they were $0.20 apiece from Lego? I could easily see myself buying $100 worth of leaves in various colors. It would kickilate some serious patootie.

DaveE
davee123
Knower of the Doin's
Knower of the Doin's

Postby Vastor Peredhil » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:43 pm

I would buy at least 150-200 pieces for this small price, even more if they were below 0.20 cents each

mfg Nicolai
Vastor Peredhil
Gong Farmer

Postby Karalora » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:17 pm

(Resurrecting a ten-month-old thread, whee! Blame Quickblade22, he's the one who linked it from the current thread about horses.)

I would go stir crazy buying leaves if they starting selling them in autumnal colors. I love autumn scenes! I've also thought that glow-in-the-dark leaves would work well for a haunted/enchanted forest.
Karalora
Journeyman

Postby Tower of Iron Will » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:34 pm

Karalora wrote:(Resurrecting a ten-month-old thread, whee! Blame Quickblade22, he's the one who linked it from the current thread about horses.)

I would go stir crazy buying leaves if they starting selling them in autumnal colors. I love autumn scenes! I've also thought that glow-in-the-dark leaves would work well for a haunted/enchanted forest.

Not only the fall colored leaves but black ones to give cemetery trees more of an evil affect. Snow(white) colored would be awesome as well.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Postby CVfan13 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:00 pm

Nice idea, with GitD. I'd make a new dwelling for Majisto the wizard...
CVfan13
Foot Soldier

Postby MrBlack103 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:51 am

I too am totally for this notion, even though i have at max 3 leaves :( (and some of those are my little sister's which I "borrow" occasionally :P ).
MrBlack103
Villein

Postby RichardAM » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:36 am

Karalora wrote:(Resurrecting a ten-month-old thread, whee! Blame Quickblade22, he's the one who linked it from the current thread about horses.)

It's a bump that's needed- TLG still haven't addressed it. :wink:
artificial snow

-richard-am.net /lego-
Image Image
RichardAM
Merchant

Postby architect » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:38 pm

Yes LEGO. You could rake in the cash if you sold us these leaves ;)

Ben
architect
Baron von Ellermann
Baron von Ellermann

Postby Blueandwhite » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:29 pm

Love this idea. Of course there will be Megabloks to pay if the pieces keep falling off :P !
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch Batman!!

My Brickshelf Gallery
My Flickr
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Postby Username » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:36 pm

:!: = Stamp of Approval
Username
Councilor

Postby Muskey15 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:07 am

This is a great idea! I hope Lego would put it into action.
~His Lowness Seamus O'Callaghan of Lenfald~

"You call this archaeology?"

Lenfels ASSEMBLE!
Muskey15
Journeyman

Postby Metatron » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:24 am

Do want!

Fall colored foliage would be such an excellent accessory pack - good for castle, town, etc. It touches every theme. And it's not a stretch, we already have: green, bright green, dark green, and white stuff. I'd say a brown, an orange, and a tan would be very excellent color choices. The packs should include both the large and small leaves - fifty elements for $5 USD.

This is very high on my wants list. Absolutely!
Hast thou given the horse strength and clothed his neck with thunder? He paweth in the valley, and rejoiceth in his strength. He swalloweth the ground with fierceness and rage. He saith among the trumpets, Ha, ha; and he smelleth the battle afar off...
Metatron
Villein

Postby castlebuilder100 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:19 pm

Yes! I've been thinking about this for a while. These would be really nice to have.
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Postby Quickblade22 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:41 pm

I take full blame for the resurection of this thread. Is there not a better time to bring it back up? Just driving around makes me see how much we need these color options. I'm hoping that this can be a reality in the near future. I already have some of the Admins and Ambassadors on board for this idea. Heck, I'd even take marbled colored ones. I'm asking that anyone that has connections to pass the idea along. So much more creativity could be added by including these extra colors.
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Postby DARKspawn » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:45 pm

I'll pass on this request to LEGO, unless another LA already has before I get there ;) But don't expect anything to happen anytime soon, if at all ;)
DARKspawn
Lord

PreviousNext

Return to Dear LEGO