Faction Idea

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
DerBum
Laborer

Faction Idea

Post by DerBum »

I would like to see Lego release some form of Scottish Highlander or Germanic Barbarian faction. They could battle evil trolls, or the Crown Knights or whatever they have to. My reasoning for this would be two fold; they would be warriors so kids could be satisfied with battles and adventure, also they could be civilians to satisfy AFOLs. They wouldnt need to be a huge part of the line, but could be present in a few really good sets (i.e. decent buildings and figure count). A Guarded Inn type setting would be appropriate for civilain liking adults, while still providing a battle setting for the kids. This would also be very easy, at least in the case of a Germanic style faction they could reuse many of the Viking line torsos and weapons. Peasants and Inn Keeps may not appeal to kids, but maybe a warrior society might.
HeartOfDarkness
Reeve

Post by HeartOfDarkness »

I'd like a realistic faction such as this as much as the next guy, but I don't think it's a realistic option nowadays. The Crown Knights have an inherit suspension of disbelief that would be toppled immediately by a realistic faction. I agree with the civilian aspect, but would much rather see forestmen reused as elves than vikings reused as barbarians. Besides, I'll bet the dwarves can scratch that itch to a certian extent. They already have a set that was more 'civilina' than 'combat'. Sure, there was a catapult, but there were two or three industrial play feautures. Here's to a dwarves' tavern!
boses
Man-At-Arms

Post by boses »

While I like your idea and understand your motivation, I must say that though I am an AFOL, having collected Lego for more then 20 years, I prefer the action sets to stagnant buildings. While I enjoy the praise friends and family give me for the occasional building or castle I build, I like the response I get from action models more. And I think action sets would ultimately be more popular then civilian-type buildings and castle sets. Lego needs to bring back the mini figure sets, and toss in a couple of peasants or such. I think this would be received better, and may help pave the way for eventual civilian-type sets, possibly...Thanks.
"Life is a blooming miracle, all wrapped in a package of light, and the hands of God are ever strong for doing what He might..."
---brickshelf---

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=boses
DerBum
Laborer

Post by DerBum »

The Inn of course was just an idea. Obviously, LEgo could come up with other concepts for structures. I would be more than happy if Lego decided to rerelease Forestmen as a new faction, I use them for civilians all the time. If Lego says that children prefer action then it should be possible to find some combination which works well. Even a robber faction like the Wolf Pack would be usable is some ways and could be integrated into easily into the good versus evil plot. Not being into the fantasy stuff myself I would much prefer a barbarian faction than another fantasy faction.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

I actually want to see an "evil Human" faction come out within the Crown Knights line. It would be interesting... It doesn't always have to be knights -vs- undead or orcs or monsters.

Infact... you could have Elves on the Crown Knights' side battling the "evil Knights" (human) faction.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]