LEGO licensed product opportunites missed

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

LEGO licensed product opportunites missed

Post by Count Blacktron »

Dear LEGO,

Please never again overlook the possibility of licensed sets based upon the 2007 film "Stardust" and it's original Neil Gaiman graphic novel.

The film is just too filled with possibilities for sets and minifigures. There are forest locations, the wall of Wall, village homes and shops, a magnificent enchanted tavern, the royal palace of Stormhold, carts drawn by goats and carriages drawn by horses, witches, the Hall of Mirrors, princes, peasants, ghosts, a Unicorn, the Airship and Pirates and of course, the Evening Star. Not only would this franchise fill our desire for a compliementary line of daily life sort of locations and events to go along with the popular Castle theme, but it would fill the void left by the abscence of the now ended Harry Potter line.

Please consider working together with the writer of the story and the filmmakers of "Stardust" and explore the opportunites present in this media for future minifigure scale sets.

I implore you to consider this.

-Aaron West-
Matt BeDar
Archer

Post by Matt BeDar »

I second that for all the reasons stated above. If a Lego theme of Stardust were released, I'm certain that it would sell very well.
Dwarves shall conquer all!!!
[url=http://brickroleplaying.freeforums.org][img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Doodstorm ... banner.png[/img][/url]
The Shadow Knight
Archer

Post by The Shadow Knight »

as i agree it would be nice, there are just too many movies and such for Lego to license them all.
-May your winds be fair !
darthsantkuyl
Serf

Post by darthsantkuyl »

Lego has their own Ideas and themes and they can't get held back with every new movie although it would be cool
Morgan19
Artisan

Post by Morgan19 »

I would near-die from happiness if LEGO were to produce an official airship, Stardust or not. Mmmmm, airshipy goodness.

m19
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

I'm gonna quote Damien here, on what I think of this thread:
Or how about A Song of Ice and Fire LEGO? Or Lord of the Rings LEGO? Or Conan LEGO? Bran Mak Morn? Kull? Solomon Kane? Dragonlance? Forgotten Realms? Basic D&D? The Black Company? Eberron? Thundercats? He-Man? Druss? Wheel of Time? Stones of Power?

The list is virtually infinite of random licenses that could be tossed out as potential LEGO sets. But, and I mean no offense here - all that amounts to is pipe-dreams. You could name any license you happen to like and say "LEGO should make this"
Last edited by Sir Kohran on Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

I think all those suggestions (with the possible exception of LoTR) are a bit too esoteric. They don't have the mass appeal that would support a Lego line, to the point where it would even out with the licensing fees.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

I do not believe, as Athos says, tah the problem is mass apeal. I think that it is subject matter. Stardust, ASOIF, etc are far too adult for lego's primary audience. I mean i liked stardust, and the lady was pretty but there are many scenes I would not allow a child to watch. And as for ASOIF, i'm nearly 29 and dont think i'm old enough to read it yet! hehe
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Post by Peppermint Pig »

I mostly agree with Athos here. Harry Potter was a huge franchise. Lego sales on Harry Potter fizzled later in the run. Poor sales probably has more to do with bad set design and increased costs due to franchising, however. One would hope Lego has learned from this.

But I hope they haven't learned to shy away from doing similar themes on their own, sans franchise. Just need to mind the set design!