(Calmly) Voice your opinion.

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

Legofreak wrote:
and monkeys are all things that we use in our castles.
Well, not in my castle :lol:
Troy T. Moore
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

LEGOFREAK wrote:Ok - its been said before, and better said I might add and probably will be again, but here is my two crowns worth:
At this point, no one or two items are going let a person continue making castles out of old gray. Lets face it. The April fools day tub with bricks, doors arches, etc would still be awesome even in new grey. IF nothing else, then as I build up my new grey I can give my son the old grey!
AMEN BRUTHA! :D

I feel the same way LF does - give us lots of bulk packs in the new color, not the old colors!
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Well I'm not too happy with the new colors, but here's my two cents on what could be done to ease the pain.

First off, it would be nice, but not worthwhile to release packs of old colors. It would be a stumbling block for beginners as they would end up with both versions of the colors which, as proven before, do not mix well.

This leaves me with the conclusion that the best thing to do is to give out packs in the new colors. TLC has made progress in this field with the bulk packs they have done in the past. This should continue. Also, the "Castle expander pack" was useful, but the addition of lattice windows and castle doors, this would most likely be popular. Another item I would like to see is the continuation of the legends and a minifig pact to compliment it. (something like 2 Black Falcons, 2 lion knights, and a peasant or two, all equipped with accessories).

I hope that this could be implemented - I do believe it would work out nicely.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

I'm agree with Ben. One of the best way to make the transition, is to Lego to offer us a "legend" in new gray colors.

It will be easier to us to get much of the pieces we need and in the new gray color. The transition will be easier.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

A legend in the new colours sounds cool, but I have to say that I would prefer the old grey, just because the enormous bulk of my collection is old grey, and the amount of time and sets required to work my way up to a comparable amount would be ridiculous. Still, I want more Castle, and if a new-gray legend is the best they can do, I'll take it!

Anyway, to move back to the original topic, if they were to release a bulkpack in old gray, I say put any 1by bricks in. (for example: 1x1s, 1x2s, 1x3s, 1x4s, 1x6s). These are the most oft-used bricks for me when building castles. I would prefer it in light grey, not dark, because there are no wall-sections in dark grey. (Well, there are, but I don't own them.)
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Anyway, to move back to the original topic, if they were to release a bulkpack in old gray, I say put any 1by bricks in. (for example: 1x1s, 1x2s, 1x3s, 1x4s, 1x6s). These are the most oft-used bricks for me when building castles. I would prefer it in light grey, not dark, because there are no wall-sections in dark grey. (Well, there are, but I don't own them.)
I agree. 1x bricks are extremely useful. If we want an old grey pack, these bricks, and perhaps a few arches, would be very useful.

Of course it would also be nice to have such a pack in new greys as well since KK2 seems to have alot of poops (but it does have tons of slopes - and that is very nice - thanks LEGO :wink: )

Ben
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

Yes, many of us prefer old grays, but the topic is about how to make the transition easier for everyone.

What is the best solution ?
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Calm!? You expect me to be calm about THIS!?!?! :x :evil: :x :evil:
Just kidding! :lol:

Of course I'd love to see Castle weapons and accessories in the new grays. The new grays have a more "metalic" feel about their color than the old grays which is more "stone". So it would make sense if the weapons have these new colors.

Im just thanking god that I my city-state MOCs doesn't use that much grays at all.... except for the crenellations, the upper parts of the walls, the walkways, and the lantaka/arrow slits.

Take a look at the "tiny" little tower I made......
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=608286
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

if there was a parts pack, I'd want....

1x2's
1x1 round
1x4's
1x6's
brown doors
portcullis'
arches
brown 1x2's with wood pattern
brown wood pattern wall peices
castle wall peices
2x2's
2x4's
and a 16x32 gray baseplate
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Yes, many of us prefer old grays, but the topic is about how to make the transition easier for everyone
Quite frankly, I don't think that the transition can be easily done for those of us who love and have tons of the old greys. For the new people, the best thing to do is inundate them with lots of new grey before they discover the old stuff. And do it in good sets too.

Hang on!!! I think I have an idea. TLC could make the transition really easy if they built a new Castle, totally new, using all the principles of the '80s: lots of figs, simple pieces, lots of pieces, and relatively cheap prices, and do it in new grey. Its so simple: us old guys will love it because it has all of our prerequisites, but the introduction of new grey will not be a problem to us, because it won't be a mutilation of the old and beloved sets. It would also bring in a lot of new fans, I'm sure.

It's fool-proof! It's perfect! So of course, I doubt if TLC would do it. :cry:
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

A Legend or new castle set (in the 80's spirit), could be the best way to make a transition. I don't expect TLC to make new set in 80's spirit. That's unrealistic. It could be good thing, but they already create some new castle sets, that they consider as great (It's not my opinion). They can however make some Legend in new gray. That's not impossible.