Increase your stock of greys and browns how?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!

If Lego gave us buckets of light grey, dk grey and brown which version would you want?

Poll ended at Sat May 15, 2004 11:54 pm

New Colors with lots of different elements
41%
Old Colors with lots of different elements
59%

Total votes: 29

Mookie
Serf

Increase your stock of greys and browns how?

Post by Mookie »

Would you want to increase your stock of old grey, or would you be happy if Lego helped you increase your stock of the new grey and possibly give you older elements in the new colors to make up for what might not be available in sets anymore?
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

As it stands, I'm not too happy with the new grey. I am one of those collecters who has been accumulating greys for awhile, but not to the point where I am satisfied - as of now I can only build small - medium sized creations such as this

Even so, it is still easier to buy in bulk from bricklink.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

I would choose the new gray. I have quite a bit of the old gray, and I think I can incorporate the new gray into a large castle if I have to. The walls can be one color, and the bailey another for example. Or I can mix the colors for some nice wall effects. I'd like a new grey bucket full of windows, doors, etc. to quickly build up a usable supply of pieces.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

IF lego decides to give us all the items we need to build castles.... Like windows, doors, arches, plates, etc etc etc. then I will want them in new grey, brown etc.
Just give me what I need.
I need my castle fix man..

freak
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

LEGOFREAK wrote:IF lego decides to give us all the items we need to build castles.... Like windows, doors, arches, plates, etc etc etc. then I will want them in new grey, brown etc.
Just give me what I need.
I need my castle fix man..

freak
Yeah! A brown "house building" set consisting of
windows with lattices, plates, slopes and various doors. Throw in a pitchfork or two also and Lego will sell a bunch I would think.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Redaxe wrote:Yeah! A brown "house building" set consisting of
windows with lattices, plates, slopes and various doors. Throw in a pitchfork or two also and LEGO will sell a bunch I would think.
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4756

:wink:

Sounds like TLC was listening...they just left out the pitchforks.

Regarding the new/old gray question - I agree with LF. If the new colors are here to stay I might a well get used to them and stock up!
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:
Redaxe wrote:Yeah! A brown "house building" set consisting of
windows with lattices, plates, slopes and various doors. Throw in a pitchfork or two also and LEGO will sell a bunch I would think.
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4756

:wink:

Sounds like TLC was listening...they just left out the pitchforks.

Regarding the new/old gray question - I agree with LF. If the new colors are here to stay I might a well get used to them and stock up!
No. That set won't do at all.

1. You have to pay premium for the Harry Potter name.
2. Nice windows, but horrible doors!
3. I need exactly 0 shrieking shacks.
4. I don't want any more Harry figs!

This isn't what I'm talking about. I want to pay ONLY for doors, windows, slopes and plates. No fluff.
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

My choice is new color. Because TLC said the change was made, and it's going to continue with the new colors. So we have to make the transition. Many useful pieces in new grays could help this transition.
JasonSpears
Laborer

Post by JasonSpears »

I voted for old greys/brown. I have a bunch already and would rather increase what I already have then get some of the new colors. Those new colors are apparently here to stay, so my $ will stay at pick-a-brick and Bricklink until old colors cannot be found anymore. Then I guess I'll be stuck with what I've got.
Jason Spears | [url=http://www.michlug.org]MichLUG[/url] | [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/spearjr/]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I also voted for old. I use a limited number of different pieces in these colors for my castle MOCs. I have a lot of money invested in the parts I do have so my preference would be to bolster the collection I have rather than start a new one.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Brickboy
Steward

Post by Brickboy »

I want the old grey! (starts crying like a baby)
Alan
good times