Vintage Minifigure Sets

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Handar
Archer

Vintage Minifigure Sets

Post by Handar »

Dear Lego,

Releasing sets of vintage mini-figures is a brilliant idea, one of many recent brilliant ideas on your part. Although Volume 1 is a great start, I think that there are several weaknesses in the way that it's been constructed. First of all, it seems like a stretch to call anything from 2002 'vintage'. Secondly, while the spaceman and the fireman easily jump out as being highly charismatic, well recognized figures, some of the other figures in Volume 1 are far more generic. Thirdly, spreading out the mini-figures across a number of themes may mean that those who are only interested in one or two Lego themes may avoid buying these sets. After all, not many may want to buy a set of five mini-figures when they are only interested in one of them.

To that end, let me make a request. May we please have future volumes that: (i) are throwbacks to an 'older' era, (ii) focus on figures with a strong presence, and (iii) are theme specific?

To that end, let me also make a suggestion. This set would be an ideal candidate for a vintage mini-figure set. Instead of reinventing the wheel, if you decide to release a vintage castle minifigure set, please just rerelease this set. Please. Pretty, pretty please.

Please.

Edit: As a bonus, 2008 is the twenty year anniversary of the original release of this particular set of mini-figures. A twentieth anniversary makes for a perfect excuse for using this set as a castle vintage mini-figure set!
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Re: Vintage Minifigure Sets

Post by castlebuilder100 »

Handar wrote: This set would be an ideal candidate for a vintage mini-figure set.
Wow :D, that would be awesome. I would definately buy more than one of those. Whereas I am only planning to buy one of volume one.
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

Would love to see an all-castle set of Vintage (Really vintage, at least not in this millennium please) minifigures.

Heh, if they re-released that set, I would most likely buy upwards of at least fifteen. However, if they released it with the old price, I would buy 100+ :P .

One can dream, one can always dream..

~Amanda
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Lamanda]Bricks & Customs[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamanda2/]My Flickr[/url]
Aharown
Apprentice

Post by Aharown »

Funny, I was just thinking about this set the other day. Thoughts like "I wish I had bought that when it was out."

This would be an awesome vintage minifig set! :D

I hereby add my voice to the chorus: "Please LEGO, please!"
<><
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

This set would be awesome, but how long ago did they stop using the pitchfork mold?

God bless.

Tom
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]
Escape The Fate
Foot Soldier

Post by Escape The Fate »

It would be cool to have the yellow castle soldiers in a future vintage.