castle and its future allies?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

The Witch could be part of her own faction, or part of a peasant faction(yes, more peasants please). Basically I'll wait and see before deciding. I have had fun designing male and female spell users for the Undead faction so another witch would be ok.

Succubi? Although I've wished for them (for years on end) and other "demons" I seriously doubt LEGO will make that as a toy for kids. I remember my brother making the comment that LEGO should team up with D&D to make monsters and such but of course this never happened as some parents would try to burn LEGO "at the stake" as it will.

Elves should be a stand-alone faction so that there will be more sets in the range. They will come in their time so I'll spend more effort to enjoy the current sets as they will be gone too soon.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Baites
Foot Soldier

Elf counter

Post by Baites »

Each faction to me seems to balance to other. By balance, they have a similar strength.

Humans/skeletons: Cannon fodder. The humans are regulare minifigs. Just raid your own collection for raw recruits. They are have been lots of castle, ninja, pirates and vikings. Plus use all your blank torsos. Sure, not everyone has armour and alot of guys will have to use crude clubs, but not everyone can afford armour and weapons. Then you have skeletons. I've read in a different post, you can use PaB to buy skeletons for $0.62. Or just use a skeleton head on a regular minifig.

Dwarves/Orcs: Strongmen and rare. Dwarves and orcs are typically portrayed as strong, hearty races. To make orc minifigs, you need orc heads (or similar heads, Killer Croc comes to mind), which aren't in many sets. Dwarves, short legs and beards, also not many available.

So who to put with elves? Elves are typically portrayed as agile with magic. I think vampires would be a good pairing. The elves have bows to shoot wooden arrows at the vampires. Vampires are a type of undead, making them a potential ally for the skeletons.
Bear
Peasant

Re: Elf counter

Post by Bear »

Baites wrote:Each faction to me seems to balance to other. By balance, they have a similar strength.

So who to put with elves? Elves are typically portrayed as agile with magic. I think vampires would be a good pairing. The elves have bows to shoot wooden arrows at the vampires. Vampires are a type of undead, making them a potential ally for the skeletons.
I may need to disagree with your Vampire idea. A whole faction of blood sucking baddies is just not kid friendly.

My idea for the good vs evil struggle would be elves vs scenario. One set could be elf vs minitour, elfs vs Ogre, another set could be elf vs well any kind of monster. That way you could start to realy creat a fantasy realm.
Dr.Cogg
Laborer

Post by Dr.Cogg »

How about elves vs Gargoyles.
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

You know, I had a thought: playing off the stereotypical (usually) fantasy setting, what if TLC made the Elves as enemies of the Dwarves????

Maybe that's why we're seeing so few dwarf sets.

God bless.

Tom
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]
natelite
Foot Soldier

Post by natelite »

elves vs lizardmen make more sense. they can also recycle killer croc's head! maybe make the lizardmen in sand green instead of green. :P or tan. or dark tan. plus we need new fantasy helmets!
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Re: castle and its future allies?

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

sir dano wrote:
dragonblade24 wrote:what do all of you think of the future??? :)
I believe the future is yet to come. :wink:

Personally, I'm just gonna wait and be happy with what LEGO gives us. :)
The more I look at this post, the more it makes sense. I spend more time with what I have (as far as story and character development) than worrying about future factions. They will be here soon enough.

In reference to "Dwarves vs Elves" I doubt LEGO will set it up like that. Dwarves are allied with the Crown Knights. Since normally Elves are perceived as good also, at the worst they will be like forestmen - a neutral faction. They may not be overtly allied with the Crown Knights, i.e. sharing torsos, similar coat of arms, but I don't see them fighting either the Crown Knights or the Dwarves when they have the Skeletons and Orcs to fight. Given a choice Elves and Dwarves would much rather fight Orcs than each other.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
WARork
Apprentice

Post by WARork »

jadden77 wrote: In the LOTR the Dwarves and the Elves didn't have the best of relations.
legolas kills oliphant (or whatever it was)
''that still counts as one :D
Umm, later. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=WARork it's it's.. full of junk!:D

''mah orcs are owks!''