Legends

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!

Do you want more Legends?

Absolutely Yes!!!
70%
Yes
22%
No
3%
Absolutely No!!!
4%

Total votes: 67

castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Legends

Post by castlebuilder100 »

Alright, there was a lot of talk about wanting Legends in another thread that had nothing to do with Legends. So I decided to open a thread for this purpose. I really really want more Castle Legends. I wish that I had bought some when they were out :cry: ( especially the Black Falcons Fortress). Anyone else want Legends?
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

I do. But I don't think they were hot sellers. So we'll probably not be seeing any. I think that was the official line. And, since the set designs have been quite good recently, I'm not sure we need them. Though I would also like a Black Falcon's fortress.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
davee123
Knower of the Doin's

Post by davee123 »

Athos wrote:I don't think they were hot sellers. So we'll probably not be seeing any.
Yeah, that was the word that I heard from Lego. Basically, most AFOLs who already owned the original versions of the sets weren't interested in picking up any more copies (now even moreso with the new colors and newer molds). So people loved that they were being made, but weren't really rushing out to buy them.

Too bad, since some of us were buying them up in multiple copies... I bought 8 Legend versions of the Guarded Inn as well as 4 of the Black Falcon's Fortress. And I know other people were probably doing similar things, too, so it's a shame that it wasn't more popular. But fortunately, the castle selection now is a lot better than it was in 2001-2003 when they were in the height of Legend releases!

DaveE
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

I still wish I was collecting when they released them...... I'd have bought the guarded inn in multiples of 2s at least. :D Black Falcons Fortress is one of those castles that anyone could use multiples of as well.... Man a day late and a dollar short.... or several years late at least.

R
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

As much as I would like new Legend sets, it is very unlikely for Lego to release any. They discontinued the Legends line because of poor sales, and as far as we've all been told, they're not going to make a new Legends line. They simply aren't attractive for a large audience, and as much as Lego loves us fans and has done a lot for us, they are still a corporation and still have to think about profit.
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

I would either love to see more legands or reimaginings of older sets, such as was done with 10176 only better.

What do i mean by better? Simple, take the basic design of a classic set and fit it into the current line. Say you take a 6086 and trollify it, or a 6077 and elf it out. You could also make a nifty versus set with a couple 6081 inspired forts in one box. <honestly i think that'd be a great 'big' set, two medium forts from opposing factions.>
Domino Gloria!
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

At this point, they may as well just make new sets with similar themes to old sets instead of trying to remake the originals.

I loved the GI and BFF legends, and I wish I was able to get more, but that time is long since past and it doesn't make much to do that again.

However, another set similar to Siskund's Blacksmith Shop would be more than welcome.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

the BSS by Siskind was great in that it helped the tudor building phinominon get going. I still use taht good simple tudor technique; however, the building didnt look 'old' enough for the rest of castle?
Domino Gloria!
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

I'd like to see the return of some classics sure, but even more importantly I'd like to see some official LEGO versions of AFOL community legendary set designs like the Siskind Blacksmith was done.
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

The time for legends has passed. I'd prefer to see LEGO continue on the path they are on right now rather than retreading their past footsteps. I love the old sets, but if LEGO were to offer some more exclusives I'd rather see something new and exciting.

The Castle line is doing quite well. An adult-themed set like the corner cafe would be wonderful, but I'm more than content with the way things are going right now.
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch Batman!!

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... ueandwhite]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/httpwwwflickrc ... eandwhite/]My Flickr[/url]
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

rogue27 wrote:At this point, they may as well just make new sets with similar themes to old sets instead of trying to remake the originals.

I loved the GI and BFF legends, and I wish I was able to get more, but that time is long since past and it doesn't make much to do that again.

However, another set similar to Siskund's Blacksmith Shop would be more than welcome.
The Blacksmith's shop was really cool. If they can make more like that within the Crown-Dwarves-Orcs theme Ill make sure to buy more than my share.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Post by Peppermint Pig »

It was probably the new colors that dissuaded some people, but also the size and price of sets. Anything forestmen would have been nice.

Legends is certainly not a very deserving line to be canceled, in the face of other, ahem... lines that should probably remain unspoken of.

*cough* Galidor *cough*
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Post by castlebuilder100 »

Peppermint Pig wrote: *cough* Galidor *cough*
For some reason I didn't remember Galidor but I just looked at it on bricklink. I wish I hadn't. It is awful. I cant even believe that TLG could make something that pathetic. For anyone who hasn't seen it don't go looking it's terrible.
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

Peppermint Pig wrote:*cough* Galidor *cough*
My two younger brothers had one each. One word: Bleah. (Along with many other words)

Thinks about what G*****r *shudder*

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Post by Peppermint Pig »

Speak of the devil, I ran across a bag of Galidor parts at a garage sale recently. I actually passed them up.

At this location, one lady beat us to a single bucket of genuine Lego brick just moments before we stepped inside, and the seller just gave it to them for 25 cents! Argh!!!

Anyhow, Lego ought to experiment less and increase the diversity within minifig scale. Period.