Grocery Store Lego?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Grocery Store Lego?

Post by Peppermint Pig »

Dear Lego,

How come you don't offer Lego at grocery stores? (at least the one's I have been to)

They sell Hot Wheels at the grocery stores I've been to, as well as a section of cheap toys in part of the store.... so why hasn't Lego considered selling their impulse sets in a little stand, or at the checkout aisle??

Surely something can be done about this!

And what about some more product promotions??

(Always full of the ideas, waiting for Lego to hire me :P)
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Post by castlebuilder100 »

Hmm I have never thought about this. The more places that sell LEGO the better :P.
Danielas
Steward

Post by Danielas »

thats a good idia! exept their is not veary many lego at are wal-mart and so... :cry: :cry:
God Bless. Danielas

Procrastinators Unite!!!!

(tomorrow)

Proud soldier of Classic-Castle. As in, I fight against the Legion of the Aggie.
psu_ericksen
Foot Soldier

Post by psu_ericksen »

I found the 700-piece 5369 Creator Tub at Kroger a few years ago. I bought 2 for $15/each. They had what looked like 2 pallets of them.

I remember being there with my wife and as I pushed our cart past the display, I grabbed one and put it in the cart like it was just one of the items we were there shopping for. She said that I must think I was pretty slick. 8) I picked up the second one when I was there by myself...

Sean
"All my life I've had one dream...to acheive my many goals." - HJS

Visit my Brickshelf gallery.
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=108432
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

When I lived in southern california there was a grocery chain called "Lucky's." They had small LEGO sets. They had the legendary white LEGO Princess (3 sets) which I still have one set unopenned. Unfortunately they were bought out by another bigger grocery chain and I moved up to Northern California.

As far as LEGO in the gorcery stores the local chain up here "Raley's/Bel-Air" does not have any, I'll have to check Albertson's. One Super Wal-mart does have them and another does not. Funny thing that I was in a Kroger in Texas years ago but never thought to check them. :?
-Tower

EDIT: Yes I bought all three white ninja princess sets and have them all... :D
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

This would be very cool.... I wonder if Safeway would do it? And Whole Foods... and Trader Joe's.... Hmm, probably not the latter two. But LEGO should definitely consider this (although I'm sure they have). I'd love to be able to get, say, The Knight without going to a toystore or S@H.
Tower of Iron Will wrote:When I lived in southern california there was a grocery chain called "Lucky's." …[snip]… Unfortunately they were bought out by another bigger grocery chain and I moved up to Northern California.
I've lived in NorCal all my life, and I remember Lucky's (which is, apparently, properly "Lucky"). Albertson's was the one that bought them, at least up here. They're back now though (replacing the Albertson's...es), at least in the Bay Area, including the North Bay.

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
Lewa Rocks
Steward

Post by Lewa Rocks »

A store called Fred Meyer has Lego sets......

I wish grocery stores had Lego sets....... I live by a Safe Way so I could walk there.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Our Co-Op used to have a few bag sets once in a while. The last one was a little while ago. It was 4801 Defense Archer, the KK1 bag set. But that was quite a few years ago.

I would really enjoy seeing small Lego sets in stores such as this again, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Heck, we should try and convince Lego to return to any store other than Toys'R'Us. Lego seems, in the last little while, to have moved away from selling in any store, and going more to selling in One store. Pity.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

The smaller Creator sets & the Impulse sets can be found in the toys & games section at both of Australia's 2 largest supermarket chains - Woolworths & Coles. I buy a set every week I go shopping :) Hard to beleive the Aussies have one up on you Yanks when it comes to retail sales ;)
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Post by castlebuilder100 »

Grrr :evil:. Darn Aussies :wink:.
ffilz
Foot Soldier

Post by ffilz »

My grocery store has LEGO! But then my grocery store is Fred Meyers, as mentioned above. The trick - Fred Meyers is a combination department store and full service grocery store, and owned by the Kroger chain. What's cool is that they have LEGO on sale at least once a month, generally 20% off, but once or twice a year with better sales (for example, a few weeks ago they had buy one get one free).

Prior to moving to Fred Meyer's Pacific Northwest stomping grounds, I have found impulse sets in grocery stores. Back in the Ninja days, I stocked up on a bunch of Ninja poly bags at grocery stores.

We also have Grocery Outlet here which is sort of like Big Lots but mostly just groceries. At various times they have had overstock LEGO on sale.

Frank