How 'bout a white-haired dwarf?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!

Would you like to see a white-haired dwarf?

YES!!!
86%
NO!!!
3%
All Dwarves are the same to me.
11%

Total votes: 36

MaceyWindu
Laborer

How 'bout a white-haired dwarf?

Post by MaceyWindu »

I love the Dwarves :D . In fact, I think they're the greatest thing ever in Castle LEGO. But so far LEGO has only made three beard colors and two molds. Now, I'm not complaining, after all, there's only been three sets with Dwarves (and all in one "wave"). What I'm saying is that I would love to see an older, white-haired dwarf using this head.
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/3626bpx320
This has been probably my favorite head since it came out in the Viking line and seeing it on a Dwarf would only double the awesomeness 8) . Plus, how cool would it be to have a wise, 500 year-old Dwarf to rule.
Last edited by MaceyWindu on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us."
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

They already have white beards...well...they used to make them...not sure if they do anymore.

God bless.

Tom
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]
MaceyWindu
Laborer

Post by MaceyWindu »

Well, they did make this beard in white. http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/pict/2701 ... 8080_2.jpg
However, this is not in the Dwarven beard "style". You know, the braids and such. That beard isn't very Dwarfish. And I haven't seen them in a while. There was a gray one in Citadel of Orlan from KK2 but other than that... oh wait. In the Advent Calendar and Holiday Train they had those in white on Santa Claus.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us."
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Re: How 'bout a white-haired dwarf?

Post by Count Blacktron »

MaceyWindu wrote:I love the Dwarves :D . In fact, I think they're the greatest thing ever in Castle LEGO. But so far LEGO has only made two beard colors and molds.
There are three colors in the 2008 Dwarf beard assortment; dark brown, black and orange.

In the classic beard there are three colors; old light grey, new light grey (bley) and white.

Don't forget the giant Hagrid hair/beard piece in black.

There are rare color one-off beards out there available on Bricklink. Perhaps this new style braided beard will become available in white.

Personally I want tan, dark red and reddish brown in the braided beard assortment, and a matching hair piece for the beard element.
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Post by castlebuilder100 »

Yes, white beards would be nice. On the note of beards I just ordered a couple of those black beards on MAGICBRICKS.

P.S. Does anyone knoe if the stuff on MAGICBRICKS is made by LEGO or are they made custom?
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

castlebuilder100 wrote:the stuff on MAGICBRICKS is made by LEGO or are they made custom?
They are made by Lego. Usually the parts in strange colours are production samples and mold tests, and were never released in any set, which makes them rare but they exist, and were made by Lego.
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Post by castlebuilder100 »

Thanks Aliencat, that's what I thought.
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

If it get us some white hair, I'm all for it.

Apparently, Lego people all die young or go bald...

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
hulk hogan
Villein

Post by hulk hogan »

Never seen a white haired one.....Except the one in the Movie Legend
Aharown
Apprentice

Re: How 'bout a white-haired dwarf?

Post by Aharown »

Count Blacktron wrote:Perhaps this new style braided beard will become available in white.

Personally I want tan, dark red and reddish brown in the braided beard assortment, and a matching hair piece for the beard element.
All of these colours would be nice. I voted yes.
<><
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

I agree that I would like to see more colours for the existing moulds (personally I'd like to see every element in every available colour ;)), but we do already have white & grey beards, & they work great for dwarfs.
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

DARKspawn wrote:I agree that I would like to see more colours for the existing moulds (personally I'd like to see every element in every available colour ;)), but we do already have white & grey beards, & they work great for dwarfs.
I've used those "older" beards for dwarves (which work great) and wished they had more colors for them too. I agree that there should be more elements in more colors.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!