The LEGO City Team would like some input

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

E of Alshire wrote:What the engine runs on is irrelevant to them.
Why the need for Octan filling stations then? :wink:
Last edited by RichardAM on Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

sir dano wrote:6393-Big Rig Truck Stop
I was thinking of a strip-mall that looked something like that. Maybe with a pizzaria, beauty parlor and pet shop.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Munchy
Foot Soldier

Post by Munchy »

I don't mean to sound like the forum police and I apologize if you take offense to this post but...

Can we keep this thread on topic? I'd like to read the suggestions not weigh their political merit.

Thank you. :)
LordZode
Apprentice

Post by LordZode »

Why do we have a police force in LEGO CITY!? That's just what my sets aim to address!

SMALL SET: $12.99
"Attack in the Park"
A crazed hobo minifig with a knife jumps from behind a tree and assaults a female LEGO minifig jogger. Will the LEGO police get their in time? Will the jogger be fast enough runner to escape? Would include a park bench, foilage, and accessories.

MEDIUM SET: $29.99
"City Highjacking"
A LEGO city bus has been highjacked by religious extremists! The LEGO citizens cower in terror while some try to outsmart the highjackers! Will the hostage negotiator be able to free the citizens? Includes a large bus, bus driver, three civilians, hostage negotiator, and two high-jackers with masks and realistic modern guns.

LARGE SET: $79.99
"Bank Robbery"
LEGO First National is under attack! The tellers have to open the safe when the three bank robbers arrive. The three civilian figs lay on the floor. Will they fight back? Will the teller be able to hit the silent alarm and call the police? Will the Bank Robbers make it to their get-away car? If they get to the car, I bet a chase with the police will ensue!
P.S. If you need help making MOCs, making posts, or don't know what to do next, please, let me know! I'm here to help! ;)
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

LordZode, I think LEGO is saving those sets for their upcoming Grand Theft Auto license.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Brickule
Servant of the Secret Fire

Post by Brickule »

I already posted on BrothersBrick, I said zoo.
Aharown
Apprentice

Post by Aharown »

My theme is Wilderness Adventure. Minfigs get away from it all, with fun and fresh air in the great outdoors!

1. The large set would be just like Rocky River Retreat (or even a Legend):

A cabin, mountain, river, brick-built pine trees, rope bridge, horse and truck with boat & trailer and appropriate minifigs.

2. The medium set would be a campsite, with tent, fire, canoe, hiking gear, appropriate minifig or two and bear!

3. The small set could be a fisherman in a boat, with an alligator or shark.
<><
fatespuppet
Gong Farmer

Post by fatespuppet »

I've always wanted Lego to branch into more historical buildings that harken back to yesteryear. I realize that these sets would be aimed at younger children, but I would love to see a theater house simlar to broadway. It would work perfectly with the current shop at home sets like Market Street, but could also be made into smaller sets to help fill out a street scene.

Historical 'downtown' fire and policestations(although I know the point is to avoid these) would also go great along side these. Built with a simpler movie set style it could be great, and there could be bigger versions to fit with the Market street style.

Here's a picture of the general idea. I would love to have one that has the large building above it as well. Those are truly gorgeous ones. :D
I am wear of wars and idle strife
Who have no joy in all these little things
Men break their lives upon. But in my dreams
In dreams I have seen that which climbs the stars
And sings upon me through my lonely hours
And will not let me be.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

fatespuppet wrote:I've always wanted Lego to branch into more historical buildings that harken back to yesteryear.
I think the Shop has your wish in stock:

http://shop.lego.com/ByCategory/Product ... =233&d=263

Personally, I want more monsters in my LEGO City. Like the Studios line, but not limited to 1 inch minifigure scaled horrors. A little Lovecraft, a little Stephen King, a little MGM classic, B-Movie fun, zombies and other sorts of mini-monsters. It's good clean fun for boys and girls of all ages. :D
deathdog1
Apprentice

Post by deathdog1 »

Ok, here goes. These are off the top of my head and represent no actual thought other than what you see here.

1. The offices/production facilities of a local media outlet, perhaps a newspaper/magazine or an internet start up. Two or three minifigs, with one of them having the "Oh, man, I'm stressed because the boss is on my back" look.

2. Electronics store/fix-it shop. Perhaps as part of a strip mall. Similar to Emmitt's Fix-It Shop on the Andy Griffith Show/Mayberry RFD (boy, that dates me, huh?)

3. The law offices of Dewey, Cheatham & Howe.
"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!" http://glomshire.thecomicseries.com/comics/
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

Thanks heaps for all your responses, everyone. Just letting you know that I have forwarded your ideas onto the Community Team :)
Ben the lego king
Apprentice

Post by Ben the lego king »

here are my ideas. the theme is things to do.

1 $10.00
playground. it would have 1kid and 1parent and a swing and a tree
www.justoutdoortoys.co.uk/.../Baby_Swing.html
2 $30.00
a grocery store. 4 shoppers and 1 employee. just a few shelfs with food and freezer sections, a check out, and 2 shopping carts.
http://www.latoys.com/playmobil/images/3200.jpg
3 $70.00
a fair, like state or something. it would have three rides, ticket booth, and drink stand. it would come with 6 people 3 employees.
fhttp://www.destination360.com/north-america/us ... ir.phpood/
KKI is the best KKI is the best