Elf Set Ideas

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!

What kind of elves would you like?

Forest-Dwellers
76%
Sea-Farers
6%
Aerial Warriors
2%
All of the above
15%

Total votes: 110

Muskey15
Journeyman

Elf Set Ideas

Post by Muskey15 »

Hello all!

As you may(or may not) know, Lego will be releasing Elves in late 2008 or early 2009. So, what sets would you want to be made?

Personally, here are my choices:
-Elf Archer (impulse): Elf, longbow, tree
-Elven Offensive: 1 Elf archer, 1 Elf warrior, Elf leader on pegasus, 2 troll warriors, 3 trees
-Forest Fortress: 1 Elf archer, Elf leader, Elven lady, 3 trees, 1 troll warrior, giant troll
-Elven port: 1 Elf, 1 Elf warrior/archer, Elf captain, boat, 3 trees, 2 buildings, 1 troll warrior

What do you think?

Sorry for placing too many figs in my ideas; the airship was a pretty silly idea :oops:

-Muskey
Last edited by Muskey15 on Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~His Lowness Seamus O'Callaghan of Lenfald~

"You call this archaeology?"

Lenfels ASSEMBLE!
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Post by castlebuilder100 »

This should be in Dear Lego.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I am moving this thread to Dear LEGO. It is speculative about possible new sets, and not about released sets.

Ben
CC Sets Admin
Danielas
Steward

Re: Elf Set Ideas

Post by Danielas »

Muskey15 wrote: -Elven Airship: 4 Elf sailors, Elf captain, bird, airship
-Muskey
I don't like the Air Ship idia. It sounds rediculis. i mean a flying boat!
Just my two sents.
God Bless. Danielas

Procrastinators Unite!!!!

(tomorrow)

Proud soldier of Classic-Castle. As in, I fight against the Legion of the Aggie.
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

I'm not sure, but wont perhaps the set designs and theme idea already be complete?

Out of the options in your poll however I am hoping for a forest-based faction. Sea-faring elves is a nice idea, but with both a skeleton boat and a trorc boat i'm not sure I want to see another one. Airships seem too-fantasy, and besides, remember the last Castle sets with air-travel?

We mind end up with more horrible sets like this. :wink:
Sibley
Foot Soldier

Post by Sibley »

Jeez, I hope there's no airship! Ick! Blech. I voted for Forest Dwellers. It best fits with the traditional idea of Elves, there's more potential for Castle sets, lower instance of big hard-to-use parts, and they can still have one set with a ship (just like the Trolls and Skeletons do).
~Dan Sibley
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=DSibley]Brickshelf[/url] | [url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/1225]MOCPages[/url] | [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/dsibley/]Flickr[/url]
Bear
Peasant

Post by Bear »

I went with strickly forest. Ships a fun and all, but they really limit a good peice assortment.
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

I would like to see both the forest-dwellers and the sea fairers. I really do not like the idea of the aerial forces... Sounds too sci-fi for elves, IMO.

In Christ,
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]
natelite
Foot Soldier

Post by natelite »

i quite like airborned elves but not too tech savvy elves pls. tech is more reserved for dwarves and gnomes. i think elves and dragons usually don't match. elves and unicorn or pegasus however would be ideal. plus i think a little diversity to the available mounts would be interesting. as such, i think elves with longbows and elves on pegasus with nice long lance and bows would make a nice little addition to the fantasy castle theme!

as for airship, i like the idea and would love a small size gyrocopter type manned by either gnomes or dwarves or a medium-size ship with 2-3 fans for lift, and manned by a dwarf captain and 2-3 crew.

speaking of more mounts, i really think the orcs/trolls should have new wolves mount. instead of the pet rat and a silly looking ballista for impulse set, why not give us orc/troll warriors on wolves mount. i'm sure those will sell like hotcakes. if not orc/troll warriors, how about giving us orc/troll shamans on wolves mount?
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Re: Elf Set Ideas

Post by Athos »

Muskey15 wrote: What do you think?
I think you've gone crazy with the number of figures in your set ideas.

I'd like to see forest elves. They'd be kind of a forestman revival.

While its interesting to discuss, I don't know if there is any point to this thread, since the designs are probably, if not finalized, nearly in their final form.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
E of Alshire
Merchant

Post by E of Alshire »

I voted for sea elves, but I'd say forest in a heartbeat if I thought we'd get more brick-built trees... which I don't.
Chrislad77
Foot Soldier

Post by Chrislad77 »

I am hoping for something in the vein of the Forestmen sets. Structures that are built into trees and brush.

As was said your figure counts should be cut in about a half.
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Chrislad77 wrote:I am hoping for something in the vein of the Forestmen sets. Structures that are built into trees and brush.

As was said your figure counts should be cut in about a half.
I agree. A forestmen theme would be nice but then something more elvish may be nice as well. We'll see when we see them.

As I think we all would like to see increased figure counts, I think your estimate may be on the high side.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Aharown
Apprentice

Post by Aharown »

I went with seafarers.

If LEGO comes out with elves (we don't even know for sure yet) they'll likely be forest-themed anyway (which I don't mind). I went with seafarers because I'd like to see something a little different, like an elven ship. A large ship along the lines of the Viking or Troll ship would be ideal, although somthing smaller like the Sea Serpent or Rogue Knight's Battleship (!) would also be great.

Of course Lego could simply add a boat to a forest-based faction.
<><
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

I would not mind them having osme land or sea based sets. Even some air ones would be fine if they were on flying beasts... not airships though I hope. It can get rather farther than I think TLC need go with them.

It is almost because all the baddies in ships that the elves need something to fight them in!

R