What are you hoping for in the Elf Sets?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

timber_wolf899 wrote:Ben the lego King

I thought the Valar were angels? Elves are after all mortal and imperfect, capabel of falling and repenting. <or not>

Perhaps you could make the argument tha the maiar<sp> are an order of angel too but not sure on that.
Okay, not to sound like your opinions aren't appreciated and welcome, but really, must we continue this argument? Not only did the people who first talked about this reach, well perhaps not an agreement, but at least an understanding, but this really has nothing to do with what we hope for in future sets. So not to be demanding or anything, I know I'm not a Mod or Admin, but must this be talked about further?

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Robin Hood wrote:
timber_wolf899 wrote:Ben the lego King

I thought the Valar were angels? Elves are after all mortal and imperfect, capabel of falling and repenting. <or not>

Perhaps you could make the argument tha the maiar<sp> are an order of angel too but not sure on that.
Okay, not to sound like your opinions aren't appreciated and welcome, but really, must we continue this argument? Not only did the people who first talked about this reach, well perhaps not an agreement, but at least an understanding, but this really has nothing to do with what we hope for in future sets. So not to be demanding or anything, I know I'm not a Mod or Admin, but must this be talked about further?
Dan
I would suggest a new topic on the Tolkien or divinty aspect of Elves rather than dividing the discussion here.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Given that we seem to have plenty of topics on Elves--and a more or less complete lack of info on what they will contain--and since this thread has devolved from its intended purpose into quite unrelated Tolkien talk.

(Don't get me wrong, I like Tolkien... but Middle-earth has no place here.)

Given that, I'm locking this.

~Michael A. Joosten - Moderator~