What are you hoping for in the Elf Sets?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
HeartOfDarkness
Reeve

What are you hoping for in the Elf Sets?

Post by HeartOfDarkness »

Assuming there will be Elf Sets, of course.

Personally, I'm looking forward to graceful, simple designs. Not a lot of ornamentation, but maybe some clever SNOT. The architecture should look organic and wooden. Lots of brown and green. I also want lots of bows in the new brown, and katanas as well. In fact, the orcs got a new mold for their swords; why not the elves?

Plenty of minifigures are also a must. I'm thinking Dark Forest-esque torsos and brown or green capes. I'd also like a lot of horses, maybe in a new color like tan or burnt orange. In fact, I'd like an Impulse set with a horse, a longbow, a cape, and a katana. Because mounted archers are awesome.

One other point: don't kill me, but I think that Elves should be fleshies. It would really set them apart without resorting to helmets with pointy ears or something. It would also give all the other peach heads a use, or at least an explanation.

And no beards. Elves do not have beards.
HeartOfDorkness
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Re: What are you hoping for in the Elf Sets?

Post by Sir Dano »

I personally would like to see TLG introduce a Gryphon mold for the elves instead of horses, and I'd also love to see a new bow design and a waist quiver based off Indy's manpurse.
Last edited by Sir Dano on Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

I'd like to see a scabbard based on the indy element!

anyway, perhaps this is dear lego fodder?
Domino Gloria!
HeartOfDarkness
Reeve

Perhaps, but I don't want to infringe on the 'Elf Set Ideas' thread's turf. It's a technical thing, but since we're speculating, as opposed to asking, I'm hoping it deserves its own thread. Of course, maybe not.

Anyways, a scabbard would be cool, but it'd have to be on the shoulder as opposed to the hip.
HeartOfDorkness
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

This thread belongs in Dear LEGO because it is about possible future sets and not existing castle sets. I am moving it there.

Ben
CC Sets Admin
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

I definetely want to see plenty of earthy colors being used, and lots of foliage.

Possibly a new Elven blade or Helmet. I also agree that giving the Elves some Gryphons would be a nice treat. TLC could always just re-use the Buckbeak mold for them (I would love to see that animal in white, or a brown/dark fleshie color with white wings).

~Amanda
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Lamanda]Bricks & Customs[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamanda2/]My Flickr[/url]
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Pretty elf girls and forestmen-style set designs.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

rogue27 wrote:Pretty elf girls and forestmen-style set designs.
I'll second this idea.

NO FLESHIES, that would kill this theme for me. <Shudder>

If LEGO Castle went fleshy I'd never by another set. :evil:
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
HeartOfDarkness
Reeve

Dwarves are short, orcs are green, elves are fleshie. It seems like a natural step for me.
HeartOfDorkness
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

HeartOfDarkness wrote:Dwarves are short, orcs are green, elves are fleshie. It seems like a natural step for me.
In the past thirty or more years I have never seen pink-skinned elves. Elves (in fantasy pole-playing and current movies) are usually depicted with light skin as opposed to the darker shades of humanity (exception: Drow, Wood elves).

My overall point is that if LEGO starts using fleshies for elves its only a quick change for dwarves and humans as they can all be considered "humaniods" and would make production easier. That would be uncool in my opinion.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Munchy
Foot Soldier

Post by Munchy »

I'm not seeing LEGo going all-out to add new elements with this line (If it is a line).

I can see a new helm as each of the other "factions" have updated or new helms. New printing of faces/torso's and maybe even a new mold for the head, but beyond that they will use existing elements.

What I would be looking forward to is an expansion of the old Forestman theme.

Tree houses
Tree fortresses
New tree designs we haven't seen yet
Maybe a boat of some kind.

Reusing the Buckbeak mold for griffon riders would be pretty cool as well.
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Sir Dano »

rogue27 wrote:Pretty elf girls.
Heh, now how could I forget those? I want lotsa them. 8) :wink:
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Re: What are you hoping for in the Elf Sets?

Post by Robin Hood »

HeartOfDarkness wrote:Assuming there will be Elf Sets, of course.

Personally, I'm looking forward to graceful, simple designs. Not a lot of ornamentation, but maybe some clever SNOT. The architecture should look organic and wooden. Lots of brown and green. I also want lots of bows in the new brown, and katanas as well. In fact, the orcs got a new mold for their swords; why not the elves?

Plenty of minifigures are also a must. I'm thinking Dark Forest-esque torsos and brown or green capes. I'd also like a lot of horses, maybe in a new color like tan or burnt orange. In fact, I'd like an Impulse set with a horse, a longbow, a cape, and a katana. Because mounted archers are awesome.

One other point: don't kill me, but I think that Elves should be fleshies. It would really set them apart without resorting to helmets with pointy ears or something. It would also give all the other peach heads a use, or at least an explanation.

And no beards. Elves do not have beards.
I agree with everything, except the fleshy part. Green and brown + Elves = perfect. The thought of fleshies being elves, is just wrong. I'm sorry, but the possible lack of ears does not seem worth it. In fact, no ears is a plus, but this just comes from a die hard anti-pointy-eared-elf-fan. Plus, they just would not look like a normal theme. I would keep thinking them as a licensed one. And that's the reason I doubt they would be flesh. Also, if they are dressed and armed, and labeled properly, it would be pretty hard to mistake them for anything else.

Oh, and I wouldn't worry about beards either, I think Lego knows.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
albero78
Bailiff

Post by albero78 »

any news about the release of the elves sets?
Andrea Albertazzi
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=albero78]MY BRICKSHELF GALLERY[/url] | [img]http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/9002/itarp2.jpg[/img]
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Post by castlebuilder100 »

albero78 wrote:any news about the release of the elves sets?
Nope, we are all waiting anxiously.