Arg! Pirate speculation

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Arg! Pirate speculation

Post by timber_wolf899 »

Some thoughts, since we may have new pirate stuff.

Firstly, what would you most like to see.

For me i'd like to see a large colonial ship. I loved the huge old pirate ships like BSB, but the colonist ships were just so inferior it was nuts. I mean give me a man 'o war!

Secondly, how do you think the ships would be armed? With the new emphasis on firing weapons they will have some sort of cannon so... Will we bring back the old cannons? Will we use the gun in 7041? Will we use those lame flick fire things like in crystal reaper? Will there be something new altogether?
Domino Gloria!
Bear
Peasant

Post by Bear »

I need a clarafication. What do you mean by," We may have new Pirate Stuff."? Is there some news out there I don't know about?
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

Indeed matie.

Check out the General Lego board.

If a fan of pirate ships then mighty glad ye'll be.
Domino Gloria!
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Post by castlebuilder100 »

Well, there's no official word that there will be another pirate line but I think that there will be.

I would like to see a coastal fort with cannons. Not manned by pirates but by conquistador guys.
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

that would be cool, as i'd love more armada figs.
We also know that lego still has the helmet mold.

Honestly though i am into ships since well if i want fortresses i'll build castles. I want big pirate ships! Ships of the line hurrah!

Wonder how many parts it would take to make a large two gun deck spanish warship?
Domino Gloria!
Littlebrick
Peasant

Post by Littlebrick »

Knowing LEGO, the smallest set is probably going to be a lone pirate, stranded on a very small island with one palm tree, treasure, a skeleton, and some water.

Or a pirate in a rowboat with some treasure and other accessories. That would probably be one of the $5 sets.
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

I love the pirate theme, and am on pins and needles in anticipation. I am hoping for a large European ship, as well as a large fort such as the Imperial Trading Post or Eldorado Fortress, although I don't think it's likely that LEGO will make two large colonial sets, (or any pirate sets at all, for that matter). A couple of small but well designed pirate ships will be excellent too, and I'm really glad that if this line is going to come about, it looks like we'll finally get a historically based, realistic theme for once. (No evil skeletons or evil stingrays!)
wobnam
Master Liliputian
Master Liliputian

Post by wobnam »

What makes you so sure it'll be a historically based, realistic theme? Did I miss something?
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

timber_wolf899 wrote:I want big pirate ships! Ships of the line hurrah!
Arrrrg, you said it matey! Give me a ship worthy of the sea.
LEGO --- Impossible is Nothing.
Aharown
Apprentice

Post by Aharown »

Donut wrote:
timber_wolf899 wrote:I want big pirate ships! Ships of the line hurrah!
Arrrrg, you said it matey! Give me a ship worthy of the sea.
Absolutely! Big Imperial/Armada ships, small pirate ships this time around, though.

And merchant ships! We need something for the pirates to pillage.

Another harbour scene would also be nice, and another fort, as well as the requisite island/boat/shipwreck sets.

Arr!

Edit - 100th Post - Labourer!
<><
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

wobnam wrote:What makes you so sure it'll be a historically based, realistic theme? Did I miss something?
It's just speculation, but since we saw an imperial torso and a pirate torso, it looks like these will be the two opposing groups.
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

I want to se ships that use the old kind of hull piece. You know, these and these. I really don't care who they belong to (But preferably the good guys) I just hope they use those peices.

What they should do is make a big Good guy ship, a medium sized merchant ship, And a small Bad guy ship. Also a few Island/port thinngs would be nice. one Pirate and one good guy. At least one each. And don't forget the smal Island sets!

Hoping against hope that this isn't a hoax,

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
E of Alshire
Merchant

Post by E of Alshire »

Aharown wrote:Absolutely! Big Imperial/Armada ships, small pirate ships this time around, though.
I dunno... the biggest ship LEGO will give us will still be fairly small, historically. So, Big Imperial Ships, Big Pirate Ships. : )
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

I think a nice twist on a big pirate ship for a new line would be a model that has two construction modes; just by changing a few features, flags and gunnery placements you could go from a trading vessel to a captured pirate ship for the high seas! You could have a Pirate Captain and a Trade Ship Captain, mutinous crewmen, a hapless Governor and his Daughter included in the set. There should be a nice brig as well as the standard Captain's Quarters, a cargo hold and all the usual decks. I'd like to see a set like this no smaller than the Skull's Eye Schooner (and at least as detailed), but with neutral sails so you can run up the Jolly Rdger when you feel the urge to go Privateer. It would add to the play features, increase collector value and encourage multiple copies.

Add-on sets could be a long boat with crewmen, a medium sized costal fort, a trade harbour, a tavern for wayward sailors and recruiting pirates, a shipwreck island and a fast and well armed Imperial Warship to enforce the trade winds!

I'd be hooked, arrrr! :wink:
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

I was with you until the fast and well armed imperial ship.

I want big and honkin!
Domino Gloria!