Forestmen or Elves?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!

Forestment or Elves

Forestmen!
37%
Elves!
57%
Other (please explain below)
6%

Total votes: 68

WARork
Apprentice

Post by WARork »

sissies? eh.. more food for my troll king :mrgreen:
Umm, later. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=WARork it's it's.. full of junk!:D

''mah orcs are owks!''
MaceyWindu
Laborer

Post by MaceyWindu »

I said elves just because they would be a new design. Forestmen would just be bringing back an old line, one that I have plenty of. ELves though would introduce so much more to the LEGO world.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us."
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

So what does the 6% want if not elves or forestmen? Just curious as three people voted other and your 'voice does count' or something like that.

I think forest based elves would be great. One of the best part of the forestmen faction. I loved the trees and other neat outposts they had.

R
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

I said "other" because I'd like to see a mix between the two. For the reasons Ben, Ottoatm, and others said with revelance to nostalgia and set appearence. I'm very excited about TLC doing an elf factioned theme and have confidence that they won't screw up what I generally term elvish standards. I'd be just as pleased if TLC were to re-do a Forestmen theme. Just because they did it once doesn't mean that it would be the same stuff. Think about all the new items, pieces, techniques, and inspirations that have occurred since the last time we had a forest themed faction. I don't view my forestmen as elves, so it would be different to me. Both would be great even if my wallet would severly disagree :wink:
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

I want both.

And PITCHFORKS!

:P
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Quickblade22,

Sounds like a good reason. Just was curious if anyone had alternative ideas on what TLC should do, though by now 2009 and perhaps 2010 are planned and 2009 being boxed likely. I loved the Forestmen the first time around. It was a neat part of my childhood. The great creativity in the sets was fun and led me to make a forest around their bases.

I never got any of the newer forestmen of mid 90s vintage. I wish I had but even if I did I think I'd use them as a seperate group from the earlier forestmen. Once elves come out I think I would do the same. The more factions the better.

R
FirebenderDude2
Journeyman

Post by FirebenderDude2 »

ME WANTS ELVES!!!!! Please?
Woe is me, woe is me, I used to have a hamster tree. Then it got eaten by a newt and now I have no cuddly fruit.