Castle Factions and Speculation

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Sir Dano »

natelite wrote: Would you rather have 100 crown knights and 100 black knights or would you rather have 200 crown knights?
I think I'd rather have 100 Crown Knights and 100 Troll Warriors.:D

Dano,
A(dult)
F(an)
O(f)
T(roll)
W(arriors)
WARork
Apprentice

Post by WARork »

sir dano wrote:
natelite wrote: Would you rather have 100 crown knights and 100 black knights or would you rather have 200 crown knights?
I think I'd rather have 100 Crown Knights and 100 Troll Warriors.:D

Dano,
A(dult)
F(an)
O(f)
T(roll)
W(arriors)
YEA!! (laughs at dafotw)

make owk warriors green trolls :P
Umm, later. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=WARork it's it's.. full of junk!:D

''mah orcs are owks!''
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

natelite wrote:we? i wouldn't be so brave as to presume to speak for all.

if you haven't heard of some afols who are not into fantasy you probably just haven't visited enough fan sites. there are some who are into the classic castle settings, which is H vs H knights: such as crusaders vs black falcons, or royal knights vs black knights, etc. they are mostly into the medieval settings rather than fantasy, orcs, ogre type combat.

look in the castle moc forum and you'll probably come across more such instances.

My point on recycling -- if crown knights are always going to be available, there's no collector value, no urgency to go out and collect every single set because you can always get them later. If crown knights are phased out (say in 2009 or 2010), and replaced with a new faction - what this means is that more people will collect crown knights before they go out of stock. Also, it provides incentive for people with crown knights to go out and buy a new faction. It's simple economics. Would you rather have 100 crown knights and 100 black knights or would you rather have 200 crown knights?
Well I admit that crown knights will need to be phased out in a year or so, but I still don't get the lack of enthusiasm for trolls. I'll admit that this is the only site that I frequent, but still, you think I would have heard something. So far as I can ever remember, there hasn't been a single complaint against trolls. Not to say that there aren't some who would prefer two human factions instead. Perhaps I have been under a rock. I was pretty inactive here until a few weeks ago. I certainally have far from the big picture, but I haven't ever heard a word against the trolls. That's all.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Munchy
Foot Soldier

Post by Munchy »

I like Fantasy settings and I like Classic settings. What I like more is new torso printing. :D

There's nothing preventing "classic" lovers from using trolls. Change their head and hands and voila...a new "barbarian" horde!

Granted, there's the expense of getting heads and hands...
Chrislad77
Foot Soldier

Post by Chrislad77 »

Robin Hood wrote:
Well I admit that crown knights will need to be phased out in a year or so, but I still don't get the lack of enthusiasm for trolls. I'll admit that this is the only site that I frequent, but still, you think I would have heard something. So far as I can ever remember, there hasn't been a single complaint against trolls. Not to say that there aren't some who would prefer two human factions instead. Perhaps I have been under a rock. I was pretty inactive here until a few weeks ago. I certainally have far from the big picture, but I haven't ever heard a word against the trolls. That's all.

Dan :wink:
I bought the smallest dwarf and troll set and that is all I am planning on buying, compared to the entire 2007 line.

I think the dwarfs are nice but they aren't worth buying if trolls are included.