New sets that should come out

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!

should they make a lord of the rings set?

yeah
46%
no-way!
19%
not sure
35%

Total votes: 26

footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

Formendacil wrote:With regards to LR Lego, I refer you to my comments in a similar thread in General Lego, which basically state that it would depend on how Lego did it, my opinion being that they would probably botch it.
If only they would follow this fellow's ideas for minifigs:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=9222
This is still my all-time favourite LotR Lego selection.

But yes, no Lego LotR -- book or movie version. :cry:

Peasents. Yes, give us peasents! :)

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Yes he is definitely one of the definitive LOTR builders. TLC could never match this quality of design and as others have said that ship has sailed.

As to new lines that should come out, a line of shops and houses with a decent assortment of roof slopes would be a great start, it wouldn't even have to be castle related, houses/shops with decently finished roofs are always a valuable castle resource. A few castle sets with some decent building materials would be nice. These hollow shell type new sets just don't supply a decent quantity of the parts/figs we need. Peasants in a minifig pack would be great as well, as others have said, Greeks, Romans etc... A return to basic Medieval type modular sets would be my preference, but I won't hold my breath.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

wlister wrote:shops and houses with a decent assortment of roof slopes would be a great start, it wouldn't even have to be castle related, houses/shops with decently finished roofs are always a valuable castle resource.
Fortunately, a house like that is coming out in the not too distant future, and TLC hinted at more similar things in 2005.

See "Look at the roof bricks!" in General LEGO if you don't know what I am talking about.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Okay, Lego has never been good with stories. Their non-violent policy isn't good for flexibility. If they would've picked up LOTR though, they'd have screwed up on them big. There is a lot of things I don't get about Lego. This is one of them.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"