New sets that should come out

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!

should they make a lord of the rings set?

yeah
46%
no-way!
19%
not sure
35%

Total votes: 26

gi_joke10
Gong Farmer

New sets that should come out

Post by gi_joke10 »

what sets do you think they should come out with?
What happens when you get scared half to death twice?
gi_joke10
Gong Farmer

Post by gi_joke10 »

well i realy want a lord of the rings helms deep set
so post other cool ones
Sir Smittens
Foot Soldier

Post by Sir Smittens »

Welcome to CC...have you been here a while, just not registered or talking?

Anyway...viewtopic.php?t=1354

I remember my first thread that was a repeat of something else...good times, goooood times.

No hard feelings? :wink:

--Caleb
(Though I feel like Ben)
gi_joke10
Gong Farmer

Post by gi_joke10 »

hey thanks for the post but i didnt say for lotr's legos specificly any lego sets that people think should come out
i new here however i am a member of about 10 different sites so i do know forums

-----Rob-----
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

With regards to LR Lego, I refer you to my comments in a similar thread in General Lego, which basically state that it would depend on how Lego did it, my opinion being that they would probably botch it.

Other stuff that I would like to see, and I am reasonably confident that I speak for most people here, is a new Castle line, not the KK2 power rangers, similar in fashion to any of the pre-new millennium stuff, but of course, that is unlikely to happen.

I'd also like to see some ancient stuff, like ancient Greece, ancient Babylon, ancient Rome... (you get the idea). :D
Sir Smittens
Foot Soldier

Post by Sir Smittens »

Oops, sorry for the misunderstanding.

--Caleb
Philosophies of my life:

"A PC turned off is better than a PC turned on"

"It's not about who wins...it's about who gets to gloat after they win."
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

TLC will not do LOTR. They have said so multiple times.

Anyway, we're stuck with KK2. The real trick is to think of a cool set that would fit into the KK2 theme. Here's my entry into that arena:

I want peasants. TLC wants dumb story elements with retarded knights. My idea is to combine the two. I'll get to that in a bit. First, the waste of money that TLC wants to support this with.

Ok, a stupid story must explain the set. This is how it could be:
Retard Vladek orders two of his scorpion soldiers to burn the farms on the countryside. Two scorpion soldiers on horseback carrying swords and torches arrive at a farm. The peasants run away, and then a voice says, "I'll protect you from these evil men!" The peasants look up to see Sir Rainbow Knight who then attacks the scorpion soldiers and defeats them. End of stupid flash comic.

Now, the actual set could have a male and female peasant, one with a shovel, and one with a pitchfork. A small farm building, a small field with some plants in it, and some small animals made of bricks. Toss in dorky knight on horse and two scorpion soldiers on horse (with torches and swords) and you've got a set with lots of play value, lots of minifigs, a good assortment of parts, and hopefully a decent price tag.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Sounds good to me, rogue, and I could even see TLC doing it, except that what might have once been a dream would probably turn out like a nightmare: the peasants would look way too colourful (KK2 is also know as rainbowland), and the two or three scorpion soldiers would probably be completely different from each other, and from soldiers in other sets.

The big problem though is the pricetag. That almost never comes out right. :?
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Neat idea, but the downside of it would be:

a $30 price tag
most likely a really cheesy building
and the peasents will most likey be a far cry from what is really needed.

Sorry for being a pessimist, but after having hope after hope being dashed to pieces by TLC, I can't help but feel that way.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Exactly what I was saying. Its been so long since TLC came out with a new line that I got excited about: probably KK1, but that was because I had been afraid Castle was killed off, or else the original Adventurers (I was, after all, less than 12 years of age, and the buildings were awesome. I was just those blasted Johnny Thunders!) :?
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Let me correct my previous suggestion. I am suggesting a non cheesy version of what I suggested.

Also, how could they mess up peasants? Just use the old peasant torsos.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Unfortunately, TLC is currently addicted to cheesiness. :(

As for how they could get peasants wrong, I dunno, but I'm sure they would. They certainly wouldn't use the original torsos, that would be too old-fashioned, they'd want to spruce them up a little. :evil:
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Well, for making a LOTR set, it would be great I think, but the downside would be that they would, no matter what, make it after the movie and not the book. (sigh) :(
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

The topic is really irrelvent anymore. LEGO is missed the train when it comes to LotR. If they intended to make sets from LotR it would have happend by now :(
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Hmm, your right about that Webrain. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.