Classic-Castle.com

The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

Man o' War

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!

Man o' War

Postby timber_wolf899 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:32 pm

ANyone else out there who'd loe to see a BSB or SES sized british man o' war set? I drool just thinking about it.
Domino Gloria!
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Postby Aharown » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:47 pm

Ohh, ohh!

That would be awesome. As I've said over at Forbidden Cove, small ships for the pirates, large ships for the Imperials/Soldiers.

Frigate, anyone? Or even a two-decker! :D
<><
Aharown
Apprentice

Postby Danielas » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:41 pm

I have one but i am to lazy to take pitchers.
Sorry hopefully soon i will have some.
God Bless. Danielas

Procrastinators Unite!!!!

(tomorrow)

Proud soldier of Classic-Castle. As in, I fight against the Legion of the Aggie.
Danielas
Steward

Postby timber_wolf899 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:21 am

oh man yeah a two decker......drool I doubt we'd see that though as it'd be a 150+ set.

Well the old BSB and SES were multi decked. So i'd be happy with an imperial ship of that size. I mean think of 6280 scale dup to respectable size. Would tha tnot be astetically amazing?
Domino Gloria!
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Postby Mudpuppy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:07 pm

I'd love to see an imperial ship the size of the BSB or SES. I'd also love to see a totally neutral merchant ship.. a Galleon perhaps? After all, pirates need something to plunder.. and Soldiers need something to protect.

The Trading post was a short step in the right direction toward a neutral shipping port. I'd like to see something similar.. and expanded. Perhaps part of a Imperial Town.... Wharf stores, fishing boats, Trading ships, carts... etc. It could get VERY detailed depending on how far they took it.

Also, I'd say the Imperial Flagship is a frigate-esque ship (closest you'll get for this line I think). I'd like to see more mid-range / small class boats. Sloops, Ketches, etc.

I'd REALLY like to see them release the ship that came with the trading post as it's own set. That I would buy a lot of.

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=jnicely1
Mudpuppy
Apprentice

Postby Aharown » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:33 pm

I agree. Large, non-pirate ships are just what we need. A Galleon is a nice idea - maybe using the "Jack Stone" hull and beakhead. That hull was quite galleon-like, and that's what I used mine for.

The Imperial Flagship is actually a Naval Cutter. Lego has done a very nice job with it too. As a small ship this was a good choice, although I'm still waiting for some large warships!

I agree - the ship from the Imperial Trading Post looks awesome. (I wouldn't know, as I don't own the set - yet)
Considering Lego likes to have two factions in each set for instant action right out of the box, a set of two (one with the small pirate sail from Raft Raiders) would be even better. Pirates vs hapless merchant ship - Arrr!
<><
Aharown
Apprentice

Return to Dear LEGO