price points of 09 castle

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
timber_wolf899
Merchant

price points of 09 castle

Post by timber_wolf899 »

Greetings

Looking at the last two years of castle i'm wondering if we are due for another big castle 'flagship'.

This would seem to fit the pattern of the past would it now? Esp since this year the largest set we got was the troll ship, nothing new with a part count over 500. I don't count the chess set as it is not a 'castle'. In a way it is probably good as I would have gone broke!
Domino Gloria!
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

I wouldn't mind a new big castle. Will it be Crown Knights or Dwarves though? I wouldn't mind having a huge dwarf mountain fortress that could be combined with the Dwarves' Mine set.
DNL
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by DNL »

I don't think they will release another big dwarf set, the dwarves already have a fortified mine. I think a troll castle is more likely to be released, since the trolls don't have any buildings yet. A big elf set is also possible, or a new crownknight castle(or town? :D )
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

DNL wrote:I don't think they will release another big dwarf set, the dwarves already have a fortified mine. I think a troll castle is more likely to be released, since the trolls don't have any buildings yet. A big elf set is also possible, or a new crownknight castle(or town? :D )
From the current troll sets, I'm under the impression the trolls just kill and destroy and don't think much of settling down. I'd be surprised if Lego put out some sort of troll fort/castle. However, I wouldn't be against one.
Munchy
Foot Soldier

Post by Munchy »

A castle town set will be met with much rejoicing by my family and much lament from my wallet. :lol:

I would love an elf set. Any elf set.

The problem is that I haven't seen any leaked pics or info about anything related to castle for next year which makes me a worried camper.
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

I'd guess an Elf Forest Fortress.

The trolls got their big set with the ship.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Athos wrote:I'd guess an Elf Forest Fortress.

The trolls got their big set with the ship.

Steve
I would say if 2009 will be the year to introduce the Elf faction, Elf sets will be the majority with some Dwarves and Orcs as well. It will be a long winter before those sets come out anyway.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

Since the four corners seem to correspond to sets (Castle Corner: King's Castle Siege, Dwarf Corner: Dwarf Mine, Skeleton Corner: Skeleton Tower) the new large set will most likely be the Troll's Camp.
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

Hum........this troll camp idea could possibly be true.

My money is still on a large elf set though. I tink we'll have one large and one small elf set, with a smattering of crownieness and such in there.

Didn't we have an official word on the rough number and sizes of sets for 09, or am i nuts?

Also with regard to munchy being nervous about no pics, when did we see the first pics of 2008 castle? I'm not counting the dwarf mine as it first came out in 07.
Domino Gloria!
Muskey15
Journeyman

Post by Muskey15 »

Personally, I don't care: I'm just gonna go with what Lego produces for us! :P

-Muskey
~His Lowness Seamus O'Callaghan of Lenfald~

"You call this archaeology?"

Lenfels ASSEMBLE!
CVfan13
Foot Soldier

Post by CVfan13 »

Um... is anyone else as skeptical as me and certain that we won't get any Castle sets in 2009, and also, no Elves period? Just a thought... then again, if they do make elves, that means another enemy faction will be necessary... what about those?
nanuck95
Court jester

Post by nanuck95 »

In the March-April 2008 issue of Lego Magazine, they had a map on pages 10-11 that showed the castle theme kingdom. Most of it is just showing the sets that were current at the time, but there is a reference to "The Elflands: A deep woodland of mystery and magic" and another area called "The Northern Sea" (Vikings reference?).

Not that it really means they have to do make any sets, or are going to make any sets, but they have officially published references to elves in their castle series.

I personally would love to see some kind of elf-themed sets.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

CVfan13 wrote:Um... is anyone else as skeptical as me and certain that we won't get any Castle sets in 2009, and also, no Elves period? Just a thought... then again, if they do make elves, that means another enemy faction will be necessary... what about those?
Can't say that I am at all skeptical about the possiblity of castle sets next year. Lego must've seen the profit they have been making off the last couple year's sets. They'd be crazy not to make some sorta castle stuff. I am completely confident in the existence of new sets next year. I am however, just as skeptical, if not more, on the possiblity of elves. As far as I can see, still pure speculation. But if they are there does not need to be a new bad faction. The crownies have shown well enough that a new faction does not have to be created. I know that two different factions were released each year, but the crownies fought both skeletons, and goblins. I guess what I'm getting at is that Elves would be just fine fighting goblins, or skeletons.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

CVfan13 wrote:Um... is anyone else as skeptical as me and certain that we won't get any Castle sets in 2009, and also, no Elves period? Just a thought... then again, if they do make elves, that means another enemy faction will be necessary... what about those?
I wonder what you base this on. Of course we can't tell for sure yet if there will be a new Castle line in 2009, but with everything we've been seeing and reading (including on Euroleaks), I myself am 99% sure there will be a bunch of new castle sets halfway through 2009.
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

Aliencat wrote: I wonder what you base this on. Of course we can't tell for sure yet if there will be a new Castle line in 2009, but with everything we've been seeing and reading (including on Euroleaks), I myself am 99% sure there will be a bunch of new castle sets halfway through 2009.
Link?