No castle 09 sets on Brickset

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Ben the lego king
Apprentice

No castle 09 sets on Brickset

Post by Ben the lego king »

hey.

I didn't know if I shoud post this in the lego castle sets but here it is

http://brickset.com/search.aspx?year=2009

acording too brickset.com their will not be any castle sets. This is most likely to be specuation. please post your coments below
KKI is the best KKI is the best
tkof
Gong Farmer

Re: no castle 09

Post by tkof »

well i guess thats because we wont be seeing any castle set till summer.

Brickset only got informations for the first half year.

I hope this helps.
Morgan19
Artisan

Post by Morgan19 »

Oi.

An incomplete, half-assembled list from a third-party site isn't speculation, proof, or anything else remotely resembling anything worthwhile on the state of Castle in 2009... It simply means Brickset and/or the public doesn't have info on the line yet. Going by your logic, there won't be any LEGO sets in 2010 because Brickset doesn't have them listed.

See the problem here?

m19
dj2005
Villein

Re: no castle 09

Post by dj2005 »

tkof wrote:well i guess thats because we wont be seeing any castle set till summer.

Brickset only got informations for the first half year.

I hope this helps.
Correct. legomilk over at EB forums posted that there will be a Castle 2009 release, and even provided a breakdown of what type of sets. Considering I have yet to see him wrong about this stuff, I have faith that there will be a 2009 lineup.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

This thread is speculation about whether or not castle sets will be released in 2009. Therefore, it belongs in the Dear LEGO forum and will be moved there. The Castle Sets forum is for officially announced and released sets.

With the exception of 1999 when we had Ninja sets instead of regular castle sets, there has always been at least one castle set released each year since 1983. I fully expect to see one or more sets next year as LEGO is dedicated to core lines like Castle.

Ben
CC Sets Admin
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

agreed with all.

I understand how one could get worried just taking a look at brickset, but as Sean hannit would say, let not your heart be troubled. Rather let our wallet be troubled!
Domino Gloria!
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

I would seriously doubt that LEGO corp would not have any new Castle sets in 2009. The lack of any leaks is just LEGO corp being the LEGO corp. It's nice to give our wallets a false sense of security. Soon enough 2009 will be here and most here will be broke buying all the new LEGO. LEGO has been on a roll for 2007 and 2008 with Castle, I don't think they would stop that on a whim.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Ben the lego king
Apprentice

hey

well all of you are agenst me but look at this

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=340943

look in the Creative building sets. that is only castle set that I see which leaves me to beleave that there will only be one castle set in 2009
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

Ben the lego king wrote:hey

look in the Creative building sets. that is only castle set that I see which leaves me to beleave that there will only be one castle set in 2009
I'm going with the source from Eurobricks.

:P
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

Ben the lego king wrote:look in the Creative building sets. that is only castle set that I see which leaves me to beleave that there will only be one castle set in 2009
Hehe these are just the sets for january, and not even all of them yet...
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
Ben the lego king
Apprentice

Aliencat wrote:
Ben the lego king wrote:look in the Creative building sets. that is only castle set that I see which leaves me to beleave that there will only be one castle set in 2009
Hehe these are just the sets for january, and not even all of them yet...
last year the same type of thing was posted on brick shelf and the sets lasted half the year. althogh the agents were not posted and yet came out any way. their is a sliver of hope that the castle will still come out.
Handar
Archer

Post by Handar »

Ben the lego king,

Are the pictures to which you linked above officially released from LEGO? (Given that at least one of them is marked 'Confidential', I'm going to suggest that they are not. You might also want to review the policy on linking to leaked information on these forums. That policy can be found here.) Until you hear things straight from the horse's mouth, everything else is just pure speculation. I think I'll just sit back and wait until I get my catalogues delivered to me instead of making assumptions based on suspect evidence. And remember, not all sets are released at the same time of year, so we'll have to wait until 2009 is finished to know if 2009 will contain Castle sets.

For my part, I recall an interview with a LEGO employee who said that Town, Space, and Castle were special lines that LEGO will always produce, unlike, say, Agents. For that reason, I am confident that we'll see Castle this year.

----Edit----

Here is a quotation from the article I mentioned above:

"However, there are certain themes—like Space and Castle—that we consider evergreen themes, and those are rotated in and out over the course of a few years. When a theme is a classic, we often maintain the theme, but rotate the new models on a shorter term to maintain novelty and interest in the market."

And here is a link to the whole article. There are lots of interesting things in there, so it's worth reading through if you haven't already seen it.
Last edited by Handar on Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Ben the lego king wrote:hey

Ah, I see. So since we don't see any pictures of future sets in some random Brickshelf folder that has no know credibility, then we can know for certain that there will be no future sets. Not to seem mean, but really, if all you have to go on is this, then I see absolutely no reason why we will not get Castle sets in 09.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

Well, on the up side; that woman walking the plank on this year's pirate ship looks like she'd make a good addition to a medieval castle. In all seriousness, it's a bit early to be worrying about the absence of a 2009 castle line.
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch Batman!!

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... ueandwhite]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/httpwwwflickrc ... eandwhite/]My Flickr[/url]
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

Blueandwhite wrote:Well, on the up side; that woman walking the plank on this year's pirate ship looks like she'd make a good addition to a medieval castle.
Indeed. Hope she doesn't cost too much on secondary market.