New Weapons/Accessories for Castle

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
natelite
Foot Soldier

Post by natelite »

Tower of Iron Will wrote:
Count Blacktron wrote:Oh yes, bring back the PITCHFORK!

I agree that more trade utensils would be of interest such as the cleaver and handsaw mentioned.

Somewhat in the same vein as trade-tools, we could use a nice mandolin and harp for our bards and musicians.
LEGO can bring pitchforks back as long as they make some peasants/farmers to go with them. Musical instruments would be very cool. :D Harps, mandolins, flutes, recorders, long trumpets, yes, that would be the best.
-Tower
CB/Tower - you guys are geniuses!! :D i would also like to see a return of the trumpets (from the western series) but not in chrome though. :P maybe in bley or metallic gold.
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

Tower of Iron Will wrote:LEGO can bring pitchforks back as long as they make some peasants/farmers to go with them. Musical instruments would be very cool. :D Harps, mandolins, flutes, recorders, long trumpets, yes, that would be the best.
-Tower
I am intrigued, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter!

Seriously? Musical instruments would open up all kinds of possibilities for troubadour and jester minifigs. And how can you have medieval fantasy without troubadours?
RotsiserMho
Peasant

Post by RotsiserMho »

Well, in the meantime, at least there's this!
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

RotsiserMho wrote:Well, in the meantime, at least there's this!
I need to get one of those and the Wild West trumpets.
Damien
Grammer Guru

Post by Damien »

I would like LEGO to consider how it might be possible to create a proper Rapier thrusting sword. A dueling sword that is straight, narrow, has a cup-hilt and can be pointed forward by the minifigure

I'm sure it's -possible-. . .
Forge not works of art but swords of death, for therein lies great art.
"The Gods made heavy metal and they saw that it was good." - Manowar
Mudpuppy
Apprentice

Post by Mudpuppy »

I've got a ton of the western gold metallic trumpets... They seem to work just fine. Also, the flute is good and drums are fairly easily made. A fife and drum Corps would be fairly easy to make.

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=jnicely1
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Post by Peppermint Pig »

Patron of the lego wrote:they don't have the molds anymore. It also wouldn't make commercial sense to reproduce molds as it requires a investment of machinery.
When Lego creates their sets and they require a new part, they can have new pieces fabricated the very next day, so I don't buy the idea that they can't be bothered to do something, particularly when there's a great deal of customer interest.

It is, however, a matter of finding ways to include it with sets that can be challenging for Lego since creating new parts means creating LOTS of them to make the molds worth their production.

My brother is still a strong advocate of a 'Castle Tub', and that would be an ideal way to incorporate more accessories.

I'll second that rapier idea. Would be perfect for pirates.
Metatron
Villein

Post by Metatron »

The pitchfork is an incredibly important element and it should be brought back into production as either the same design or updated somehow and serving the same function.

Throughout the centuries most people worked the land. They have to have the necessary hand-tools to do the job.

I have about as many pitchforks as I could need, but I'd buy a farmer or hayride set if they came out with one.

And maybe a pitchfork would make more sense in tan or steel bley. So alternate colors would serve us well here.
Hast thou given the horse strength and clothed his neck with thunder? He paweth in the valley, and rejoiceth in his strength. He swalloweth the ground with fierceness and rage. He saith among the trumpets, Ha, ha; and he smelleth the battle afar off...
Aharown
Apprentice

Post by Aharown »

I would love to have the pitchfork return, especially as I don't own any! A saw would also be useful, as would the Fabuland hammer for trolls etc. I agree that a rapier would be very useful for the pirates theme - something for the officers or pirate captain to wear. (I would also like to see a broadsword)
<><
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

here are my ideas, random musings

weapos,
A two handed sword? ....is that possible? it probably wouldnt lok right, given the length of hilt needed?

A clip on hammer head, like the axe heads.

accessories
Scabbard

A back clip neck gear peace that would allow a fig to carry a weapon slung across its back. <spear, axe, sword> I loved this feature with ninjas

This isnt new but, how about the old round center stud shields in copper?
Domino Gloria!