Impulse Idea

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
DerBum
Laborer

Impulse Idea

Post by DerBum »

Not sure if this has been addressed yet but:

I would like to see a dwarf impulse set. It could include a dwarf warrior and an anvil or something of use, allowing interaction with the other dwarf sets. I have honestly loved the castle impulse sets thus far and buy far more of those (money spent wise) than other sets from SAH.

Also, a minifig pack that includes knights, dwarves, trolls, etc, rather than every figure being from one faction would increase the appeal of those sets to me (it would also enable children to get a little of everything in each set). Doing that would bring the current minifig packs more in line with the old castle minifigs sets I bought tons of as a child.
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

I'm rather fond of the Impulse sets, the Castle releases in particular being some that i've bought multiples of, so i'd love to see more of these with different figs or factions.

Your latter suggestion's great too- it's something TLG used to do pretty often with most if not all themes. The closest on the market at the moment is the advent calendar, it's a pretty similar approach, but I'd love to see a more conventional return of the fig packs.

An updated version of this would be great!
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

I would like the impulse sets more if they were released in my area!

:P
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

I'm in favor of the impulse sets also, but I find that the shelves of my stores local seem to focus on the $10 LEGO category. In particular they stock MANY of the Battle Pack and City sets that are in that price range, and they seem to sell very well as an inexpensive battle in the box.

I'd like to see more Battle Pack ideas from LEGO to exploit this sales bonanza such as the following ideas in the $10-12 category for Castle:

1. Castle Rampart Battle Pack = Technic pin connectable wall section with four armed Knights (two archer variety, a pikeman and a sword & shield troop)
2. Castle Wagon Battle Pack = Horse cart with war gear, squire, great-helmed Knight, foot soldier and monk.
3. Castle Troll Camp Battle Pack = A tent structure, campfire and a weapons rack with a Troll warror, crossbowman, cook and a Skeleton.
4. Castle Dwarf & Elf Battle Pack = This could have a little Dwarf war machine and a sappling tree one brown beard & one black beard Dwarf with non-wing helms (copper & silver) and a pair of Elf archer warriors in dark green.

You could ship these in two assortments, or in a single case of four and market them direct through S@H as a sort of wave 1 and just sell the beejeezus out of them.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

Here are some of my ideas:

Impulse Sets:

Peasant Trader - Peasant w/ dog & cow laden with trade goods (basket of veggies, etc).

Dwarf Weaponsmith - Dwarf with anvil, hammer and barrel full of weapons, armor and helmet.

Troll Sniper - Troll with Jedi hood and quiver armed with a crossbow and scimitar hiding behind a small brick built tree with a hawk.

Crown Champion - Fully armored and mounted knight on horse w/barding (similar to 6013 Samurai Swordsman and 6009 Black Knight).

Instead of a 2008 Castle Battle Pack style, I would like to see something similar to 6103 Castle Minifigs with a peasant and soldiers from each faction or something similar to the SW Battle Packs.
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

An impulse set idea I had for a theoretical Elves faction was the Elf Queen, her throne, and a "pet" unicorn. If nothing else, it would certainly be attractive to girls, and might get more of them into LEGO.
legokilt
Bailiff

Post by legokilt »

I agree there should be a dwarf impulse set as I too would buy many of these. Likewise I agree with having a pack with some fig from each faction like they used to have for Pirates in the eighties.
Lego helps make history fun!
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Username wrote:Here are some of my ideas:

Impulse Sets:

Peasant Trader - Peasant w/ dog & cow laden with trade goods (basket of veggies, etc).

Dwarf Weaponsmith - Dwarf with anvil, hammer and barrel full of weapons, armor and helmet.

Troll Sniper - Troll with Jedi hood and quiver armed with a crossbow and scimitar hiding behind a small brick built tree with a hawk.

Crown Champion - Fully armored and mounted knight on horse w/barding (similar to 6013 Samurai Swordsman and 6009 Black Knight).

Instead of a 2008 Castle Battle Pack style, I would like to see something similar to 6103 Castle Minifigs with a peasant and soldiers from each faction or something similar to the SW Battle Packs.
Here, here. Great ideas. I would add a Orc Shaman and Orc Champion as well.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Tower of Iron Will wrote:I would add a Orc Shaman and Orc Champion as well.
-Tower
I for one would like to see front & back head printing of stern & spooked Orc/Troll faces if these were ever attempted. That'd be rich. :lol:
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-